1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

^This. Does Bit-Tech have a naughty step?:sigh:

2. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Visiting the general section for the first time and reading 30+ pages of this thread............................

3. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

Maybe not to the point of ruining my whole life, but its definatly mucked up my day - I've run out of thermal paste!!

Don't fancy my chances of getting anything decent until next week now. Got a poor heatsink sat here just waiting, all lonely - its clearly the time of year of heatsinks, paste and cpu's to be together :p

4. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Exaggerating. It was about 3 pages...... :naughty:

5. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Tis a lonely time...... poor thermal paste all alone left on the shelf. :waah:

6. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Welcome to the general thread, the home of... ooh err....

Stuck doing tons of revision. w00t.

7. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Thanks for the welcome.

I can finally see how the other half live...

8. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

It's happened about 5 times over a week!

9. Canon

Canon Reformed

Finished work today, horrible day too. Back on Monday 7am now debating wether its worth getting up tomorrow at all.

10. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Watching my in-laws ruin Christmas (or at least attempt it) tonight. Blatantly rude comments about my family from my mother in law and my father in law deciding the cheapest pseudo-tablet there is was the equivalent of a Kindle Fire were just two of the highlights. Bonus round: to add insult to injury, the pseudo-tablet doesn't work. And we're not sure they'll even accept a return.

My wife wanted that tablet to replace her stolen Kindle, and imagine her shock when the "tablet" she ended up with could only run Android 1.6, if you updated it couldn't install apps or read books any more, its wi-fi was spotty lying on top of the access point itself, and runs a 300MHz processor and 96MB of RAM.

I'm giving her my Christmas cash. She deserves to have something nice. And I'm gonna make sure she gets it.

11. KayinBlack

Sitting in the Children's Hospital ER with Asher. We're afraid he's having a shunt failure. This shunt would have only lasted six days if so.

12. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Kayin, you are a hell of a person.

13. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

My car broke down before I went on vacation, someone picked me up while my car was being fixed. However I'm going home tomorrow and I'm not sure if my car is done since he never called to say it was. And if it's not done I'll have to say overnight in a motel until it is done because my ride needs to work on Wednesday. Plus this is all 4 hours away

14. KayinBlack

Preliminary checks show that he's probably not got a shunt infection, though his hernia appears to have come back after only six days. This is his fourth one on the right side.

15. quietguy

quietguy D'orc

Bell's Palsy. Hopefully I'll get the use of my face back soon.

/It's making drinking beer difficult!

16. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Man you must be build like an Ox the amount of terribles things you and your family go through!

For me Health, me and my family could be serious could be trivial i hate when stuff like this happens really ****s things up i try be tough about it and just take it as it comes but going through it again and again really pushes me to my limits.

17. KayinBlack

Nah, skinny pencil-necked geek. But I firmly believe God doesn't hand out more than you can handle. For me, I just think he has a high opinion of me.

18. Canon

Canon Reformed

Working in the quietest, nicest area in the city, it has all the amenities and lots of brilliant restraunts and some really beautiful apartments, then having to return from work to this total crapfest of a house, knowing I was supposed to move up there into a new apartment in November! My current housemate had to leave an amazing apartment up there and come stay with me as he was unable to afford the rent, the apartment he had is literally FEET from where I now work, so we both have our fingers crossed that he will accept us both back on the basis that there are two of us now earning the same wage and contributing to the rent. I want my own garage and basement and to be able to roll out of bed and into work FFS!

Gathering rent and deposits is ruining my life.

19. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Not quite ruining my life, but being a royal PITA - an a-hole buyer on ebay who is lying to ebay so that he can get a refund from me.

20. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

That's the spirit :thumb:

Not ruining my life but it's causing a major pain in my ass - a Sony Vaio that just won't play ball. Stupidly told the customer that I should be able to have it ready for tonight... I now know that the problem was more major and that it needs a new hard drive. The only "new" 2.5" hard drive that I have left here is DOA. Really is one of those FML moments, putting a brand new drive into a laptop to fix it only to find that the brand new part is faulty :rolleyes: