1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Any help on installing new monitor drivers?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ferrero94, 30 Dec 2011.

1. Ferrero94

Ferrero94 What's a Dremel?

Basically my old drivers from my old screen (17" 4:3 starter monitor) seem to have connected to my new monitor.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/215-...s-monitor-1920x1080-5ms-250cd-m-50000001-vesa

Causing any resolution over 1240x1024 to not function properly/at all when my new monitor should be capable of running 1920x1080. The problem is that the drivers on the disk that came doesn't want to install and came up with an error that was called "Installation aborted". I have also tried to go through the control panel and install it using the windows driver method where it popped up with a message saying that the drivers were up to date (presumably the old drivers).

I'm scared that if I un-install the old drivers to install the new drivers that my screen will permanently stay black or something of that nature.

My card is a 512mb 8800gt so I doubt that that is the problem here as its drivers are up to date and I bought the screen early in preparation of getting my 560ti.

Any advice would be on the matter would be helpful as you would be helping a tech noobie out. Cheers!

Edit: Also to add, LG currently has no link to this monitor on their site considering its new so downloading the drivers online is a no go as well as the screen resolution in the windows screen resolution page (and Nvidia Control Panel( only going up to these values [​IMG]

Last edited: 30 Dec 2011
  2. Deders

Deders Modder

First uninstall the old monitor driver from device manager.

Then install new one by right clicking on the inf file in the LG drivers section and selecting install.

3. Ferrero94

So if i have no drivers it shall be ok while I install the new ones?

4. Deders

Deders Modder

It should revert to generic before you install any new ones, if it doesn't already have them in the database.

If for some reason the screen goes blank just restart the PC and any missing drivers should be installed then.

Last edited: 30 Dec 2011
  5. Ferrero94

Well now it just says that install has failed even though I have removed the old drivers...

No downloadable ones online yet that I can see as it is a new monitor.

Restarted pc and it reverted back to the old drivers.

:wallbash:

Last edited: 31 Dec 2011
  6. Deders

Deders Modder

Wasn't there a CD that came with the monitor?

7. Ferrero94

Yes but when I click to install it says the it has failed or aborted so I can't use the disk for some reason. Even when I "open" the disk and avoid the UI totally.

8. Deders

Deders Modder

is there an inf file in the driver's directory?

9. Ferrero94

Not that it looks like it. Their is an ICC file what i tried to open though although that didnt help.

I can take more screenshots too if you want to see or use that program that can show other peoples screens. (I forgot what it is called)

10. Ferrero94

Ill post more on the matter when I install the 560ti because maybe using a different cable may change it for some strange reason.

11. Ferrero94

Woop Woop Everthing turned out ok, 560ti was as smooth as a brick and the hdmi cable seemed to have reset the problem that i had!