1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage Which SSD?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BlackDrag0n, 3 Jan 2012.

1. BlackDrag0n

BlackDrag0n What's a Dremel?

So I'm planning on getting an SSD, but am stuck for what to choose.

My two options are:

Agility 3 120GB
    or
    Intel 320 120GB

My computer doesn't have sata3 (well it does but the performance of it is apparently terrible) and while the 320 doesn't perform amazingly in benchmarks, it looks to hold its own in real world scenarios.

I will be planning on upgrading to Ivy Bridge later on this year, so maybe I should future-proof. However I've heard some reliability issues with SF, so I am apprehensive.

What are your ideas??

2. Farting Bob

Farting Bob What's a Dremel?

The intel is good compared to a HDD (all of them are), but there are better options out there that cost roughly the same or less.

The Crucial M4 is highly favoured here. The Agility is also a good drive. I tend to ignore the top speed of the drives, its mostly synthetic benchmarkers who need that. Real world random read/write speeds is far more important to how fast it feels.

3. aikidochris

aikidochris What's a Dremel?

I just bought and installed the Agility 3 120gb and so far so brilliant, speeds along with no problems, Windows is zippy and responsive and level/area loads in Skyrim are taking less than 3 seconds.

4. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

The intel ssd is meant to be more reliable (no idea why) but the agility would be faster. However, the m4 is better and would be better once you get a good sata 3 motherboard.