1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mod of the Year 2011 Winners

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 4 Jan 2012.

1. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

The result of that would have been everyone fishing for votes:) And then it is suddenly not about who has build the most appealing build, but who has the most friends on facebook:)

2. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

If it was a real modding community and people took pride, that wouldn't happen. And I believe it's a good community.

Have a little faith in these people. Besides, Facebook friends are a bunch of twats.

3. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

This is a good community, but a chain is only as strong as its weakest link:)
    This is a topic that gets up on almost every vote, so instead of discussing it, how bout we just wished the winners congratulations and happy new year! :)

4. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Amen to that !
    Well done to everyone for providing one of the best eyecandy contests yet !

5. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

Congratulations to all the winners!

6. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

Absolutely brilliant entries from everyone.

And I won some carbon fibre! Hurrah!

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I figured L3p desk had to come in at number 1 with the gigantic shockwave of awesomeness it created on the net so congrats Peter :clap:, Nguyen :clap:(thank whoever invented copy paste :D) I like the loop joining piece the most on this rig & glad to see Brian rank high but 3rd again though :eeek: but still awesome going :rock: & every other nominee in this years bestest modding comp in the world :rock:.

And ooooh random prize for me :blush: awesome, thank you bit-tech & Lamptron :D:rock:.

This the first time while I've watched moty which there hasn't been a case mod in the top 3 which surprised me as I had a faint suspicion that was an equal opportunities thing but guess not :D:lol:.

:hehe: Don't worry about it :D I'm not, just happy to see where I placed so thanks for listening to my moaning bit-tech :D although you could have PM'd me to stay with top 10 regularity :D but thanks anyway :) & massive thanks to all 150 who voted for Stealthlow & commented along the way appreciated :rock:.

My confidence in actually making things is good & high now which it never used to be but I guess I just need to do something which people can't help but say wow about if I ever want to rank higher, simple as that :D I don't outreach for support, I post my projects on a few other forums but never ask for votes or even say if I'm in a motm or moty so 150 bit-tech votes is awesome going :rock:.

I know now what I need to do to rank number higher & it isn't what I like doing in modding so I'll forget about trying for that & just make what I like rather than what might rank high which is what I've done all along really & maybe some day I'll get fluky & do something which I like & majority of people voting do also :thumb:.

15th is awesome out of this awesome bunch of 25 projects, said all along I'd be surprised if I made top 10, all above & below the rankings are awesome projects without a doubt so really just to be in moty it means you have a rocking project so agree there no such thing as last place in moty when they all rocking but there is the number of votes which decide the outcome & what wins prizes & titles, honestly I took a good look at all of them & couldn't say 1 of them didn't belong there so is mostly a case of whoever has the most popular rig at voting time & can't & shouldn't be disputed :) one thing that does bug me is when you see random couple of word comments showing 100% bias to all others in a comp & those are 100% not bit-tech regulars but oh well it is what it is :lol:.

I'm probably well known to not use fan controllers by now with having a couple of them fail on me in the past & nearly break my rig but since it's such a nice one I'll have to work it into my new design now which means I don't have to be specific about the stats of fan I go for :D thanks again bit-tech & Lamptron :rock:.

Big love for bit-tech for throwing an awesome comp each year & all the enthusiastic modders keeping modding alive & kicking & an awesome new year to you all :rock::D.

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Congrats :D:clap:.

Oh wow just noticed my rep bar is maxed :lol: woo hoo :D cheers :).

yassarikhan786 likes this.
  9. dmcgrath

dmcgrath Master of Pancakes

I agree, congratulations to all the winners. Each and every mod displayed here is quite astounding and you all deserve your due recognition.

10. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

All the mods were awesome and well done to all who were entered. That being said I think L3p's build had the edge.

11. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Congrats to everyone. All Winners in my book :D.

12. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

CONGRATULATIONS! Peter, Nguyen, and Brian! This was of the most amazing compilation of builds I've seen to date.

and Good Luck to 25 random Readers who will get drawn! We're putting together Goodie bags that include the carbon fiber di-noc sheets among other cool items for you! :rock:

13. psychoti

psychoti What's a Dremel?

keep the inspiration going guys! amazing mods in the 2011 lets see many more in 2012!
    GZ to ALL!

14. kier

kier -----------------

Congratulations to all winners, and Peter..well deserved winner

15. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Congrats to the top 3, I almost got it right, but I have to say I thought Waynio would be in there. But it's been said often enough that the standards are so high getting in the MOTY at all is an achievement.

The top 3 are all totally amazing builds.

One thing i will say though is I think the 10 votes thing threw up an even spread of votes. There was 50 votes covering the top 5 and only 32 covering the top 3, thats pretty tight

16. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Well done to you all. Well done peter you table has inspired a lot of new Table mods to appear with even scan getting in on the act.

All the mods in the contest have been above and beyond any thing we've seen in a long time. It was hard choosing 10 of the best.

17. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Thanks again everyone! Still got goose bumps :blush: :rock:

18. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

To be fair when googling my case a while ago Stealthlow some how ended up on reddit & I looked at what was being said but didn't create anywhere near the level of interest Petes desk did when it appeared on there earlier in the year people were in a frenzy over it :D & Stealthlow is a definite marmite case, in fact I think all my projects & future ones will be but it won't stop me on my quest for my perfect rig, I thought it would end after Stealthlow but I found fault in it, I want better power usage as well as a great rig, once I have my dream personal rig I could focus purely on really awesome aesthetics instead of putting function first :D.

Last edited: 4 Jan 2012
  19. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Congrats Pete :rock: seriously well done for a first project man :clap::cooldude:.

20. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Congratulations to all winners and indeed to all nominees. There wasn't a single mod that I never liked. Let's hope it is as strong a competition next year, no scratch that. I want it to be STRONGER. Thankyou to all the builders for supplying me with a years worth of awesome modding, and thank you to bit-tech and all sponsors for allowing this to go ahead.

Tags: Add Tags