1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Need advice urgently please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Soniclord, 5 Jan 2012.

1. Soniclord

Soniclord What's a Dremel?

I bought an Antec DK-10 case from ebuyer 2 days ago and unfortunately it's going to have to go back as it's not fit for the purpose of housing the Dark Rock Pro Advanced cpu cooler, the side will go on but would have to be forced and it is then literally touching the top of the Dark Rock cooler.

I think the DK-10 case by the looks of it is literall 2 inches too small!

These are the dimensions of the DK-10 case,

Width:198mm <----------- this is the space from the bottom to the top of the case on it's side right?
    Height:488mm
    Depth:497mm

Would any of these be big enough to house the Dark Rock Advanced where by I can fit the side on with no problems.

THERMALTAKE CASE ELEMENT S, VK60001N2Z

Dimensions for this are,

Width:230mm
    Height:505mm
    Depth:540mm

THERMALTAKE CASE , XASERVI MX, VH9000SNS

Dimensions are,

Width:220mm
    Height:520mm
    Depth:520mm

So in theory either should be big enough but I just need clarification :)

Oh and it's my birthday today so all help would be doubly appreciated as I'm going to pick either one of them up today as need to get this new build installed in a new case due to the problem with the Dark Pro Advanced not fitting in the Dk-10 :D

Last edited: 5 Jan 2012
  2. Soniclord

Anyone? :(

3. Soniclord

Need a little input please :)

Because going to get a case in the next couple of hours.

Cheers all.

4. Soniclord

Pretty gutted 127 views and no one could (or would) answer and out of all the technical people on here I thought at least one of you could clarify for me!

Cheers.

5. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Issue is that it's not just case width. I know a few specific cases that will definitely fit the cooler, but that's only because I researched which cases I could just squeeze the ridiculously giant Thermalright Archon into before I bought it.

Element S was a touch too thin for the Archon at last check (25mm~), but that means it should happily house the Dark Rock. Check out the listed distances under case descriptions. Be Quiet! Are kind enough to give the real height of the cooler, rather than some made-up value that is "Close Enough" like some companies.

6. Soniclord

Thanks .//TuNdRa,

The Element S it is then, I'll go and get it today so I can finally finish my build, which after changing my mind and rma'ing some other components, will be,

i7 2600k
    Palit 560ti 448 core version
    8 Gigabytes of G-Skill DDR3 1600 Memory
    2 x Samsung f3 1TB hard drives (taken from my old machine)
    Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 Z68 Socket 1155 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
    Asus Xonar DS sound card
    Dark Rock Pro Advanced cpu cooler

Should do me for a good few months :D

7. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I'd do a quick google around, though. I found the best thing for checking if a certain cooler worked in a certain case was Google images. Finding information on what the Archon actually fitted into was a pain in the arse. But pictures speak a thousand words, and there are loads of pictures.

Edit; after some digging: It appears you'll have about 50mm of room between the door and the Dark Rock, so long as I remember my sizing correctly, Just make sure you've got some low profile memory, else you'll have a hell of a time fitting the dark rock.

8. Soniclord

Ok will take a look.

Thanks again.