1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling What temps you getting you on your 2600/2600k?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Soniclord, 7 Jan 2012.

1. Soniclord

Soniclord What's a Dremel?

I've just installed one and this is the idle temp, this high or not too bad? I think it's ok myself :)

[​IMG]

Also what cooler you using with your setup?

2. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

Why cooler are you using? They seem ok maybe just a couple of degrees higher. I get around the 30c on my 2700k idle and im using a H100

3. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Whats your ambient chaps? The temps dont mean much without knowing your room temp

4. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

on high fan settings on my antec 1200, at a ambient room temp of 21 degrees c, at idle,

i get about 28-29

on prime95, other variables same as above, it ranges from about 58-64

cooler is nh-d14

also your temps look pretty normal, i take it you aren't using an aftermarket cooler. if you were then they would be way too high

5. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

also, think yourself lucky your cores are so close in temperature! 2 of my cores are about 5 degrees higher than the other two.. so i could potentially get my temps lower haha

6. matt_lumley

matt_lumley You're only supposed to...

I know not 2600k but 2500k I get 30 with ambient about 26/27 and full load about 54-58 with an OC to 4.5 and dark rock pro

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

7. Soniclord

Dark Rock Pro Advanced, nowhere near as good as the Corsair H100 you're using though so I can live with my temps I reckon :)

Right now about 21 degrees celsius.

I am actually! lol. I'm using a Dark Rock Pro Advanced..

I doubt using Intel's stock cooler the temps would be anywhere near 35 degrees celsius, more like 50 probably.

8. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

hmm that does seem slightly high then. try reseating it?

9. Soniclord

Well I would (it looked pretty flush/seated right when I fitted it though) but that would mean taking my whole pc apart and unscrewing the motherboard from the case etc which would be a major ballache!

This ThermalTake Element S case DOES have a cutout for attaching a backplate to the motherboard but stupidly doesn't account for the bottom 2 holes (for the screws that screw the backplate in place) on the motherboard to be screwed into AFTER attaching the motherboard to the case, so I had to do it before..

I mean idling at 36 degrees celsius isn't a problem anyway I wouldn't think, and certainly not something I'm worried about :D

I may well sell this Dark Rock Pro Advanced soon though! If I can find a cooler that doesn't need screwing in from the bottom of the motherboard!

10. dave_beast

dave_beast Enthusiast

21ºc ambient

[​IMG]

11. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

Oh what I forgot was I've overclocked my CPU to 4.8ghz so around 30c is very nice idle

12. Soniclord

But what cooler are you using?

I should have really posted what are your temps using only the standard intel cooler or an aftermarket heatsink/fan lol.

Watercooling or similar such as Corsair H100 (extreme performance liquid CPU cooler) will always beat any aftermarket cooler such as the Dark Rock Pro Advanced :)

Considering your using a H100 (which is far better than my Dark Rock Pro Advanced) and getting 30 degrees celsius is pretty decent (even though you've overclocked to 4.5ghz) so my temps of 35, 37, 35 and 37 across the four core @ 3.4ghz I wouldn't say is too shabby at all.

[​IMG]