1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really now, how are your eyes?

Discussion in 'General' started by Yo-DUH_87, 3 Apr 2003.

1. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

Hope he didn't hear you...

2. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

you'd have to get to his knee first ;)

3. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

12months of trainning is damn good i don't tend to learn too quick how many times a week did you go i was doing once every 2weeks for ages and didn't really get anywhere then my bro came down and we where goind 3 times a week as well as Karate and fighting in the garden with weapons which i have to say is the best way to train go out side and bash the crap out each other using some techniques brooses all the time and many a painfull injury :D but it was so damn cooll hes since ****ed off to birmingham :( and only get to beat him up every so often but since i've been at college i've found some one else to train with :D

4. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

I got my glasses today!!

Man, what a difference! I was walking through the store figuring out that the store was NOT so big you couldn't see the other side ;)

Came home, and noticed that the trees are starting to bloom, something I couldn't see before!

One thing, the doctor said I was not supposed to have a perscription in the lower bi-focal, which I didn't understand at the time, but there is a perscription there now. I think they were just confused :worried: Everything is crisp and sharp now!!

Now, if I could just shake this mean cold... :blah: :blah:

5. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

my eyesight is farely decent
    i have colour blindness but apart from that the optician says i ahve perfect eyesight

even tho i cant focus for liek 30 secs after goign outside & my eyes water when going outside & i sometimes get really really bad headaces from computers (but im guessign that has more to do with badly set up computers)

6. Shadow6363

Shadow6363 What's a Dremel?

hmm, ive have 20/10 vision, but my mom also had 20/10 vision when she was a teen, and now she has glasses, so, i expect it to degrade, but i hope it doesnt

7. Cheryl

Cheryl What's a Dremel?

Nothing wrong with my eyes(hopefully):clap:
    I was a good girl and ate my carrots so i can see in the dark-(shame i'm afraid of the dark!!)

However their must be something wrong with Tom's eyes-he choose me after all!!!!

Last edited: 8 Apr 2003
  8. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

personally i wont let u get ur eyes checked cuz then ull be able to see me properly for the first time ever and go off me instantly!!!

and yes there is lots wrong with my eyes, but i can still see up to a foot away fine, so lying next to you in bed is the true test, and you win all the time XD

9. AcEmAsTr

AcEmAsTr Banned

very short sighted, cant see 6" infront of me, hearing same, so my smell and taste is amazingly sensitive, too sensitive tbh

not fair :(

10. Jaguar_Infinity

Jaguar_Infinity Just some guy

I'm the same as ace - anything beyond 6" goes into blur territory. my hearing is ok though. however i have no sence of smell at all, never have never will - taste is fine tho (cept i prefer sweet and salty foods and cant stand spicy or bitter or sour foods) :p

11. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

As far as I'm aware I have perfect vision, never been tested except once at school years and years ago....

I do get eye strain though, especially reading monitors for long periods of time... have to consciously turn away and stare out the window for a couple of minutes every 15 else they get uncomfortable and bleeedd.

Alaric.

12. Theo

Theo What's a Dremel?

I'm pretty short sighted in both eyes (one is a little more than the other, though). Anything 6 inches away from me is a blur of colour... which can be annoying, especially when searching for the damned glasses every morning :)

Going back to the arts thing, I trained in kempo, sambo wrestling and judo for a few years (up until an injury in 2001), but I'll hopefully be back in action in a few months. I've been training/competing without glasses for all this time - which I tell you - is bleeding hard! Makes sparring and competing that little bit more challenging, as you only see things properly when it's right (RIGHT!) in front of you, meaning you have to rely on reactions alot more.

My excuse for getting silver rather than gold in the national sambo championships is because I wasn't wearing any glasses ;)

13. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Intersting situation here, abnormaly good vision in one eye (left), and really bad in the other. I can see for miles and miles away, and pick out the tinyest of objects, but it's a bit blurry, and I also have extremely good short vision (anything closer than a foot, and I can usualy see dust specs on it that nobody else can pick up). My taste is off the scale (good side), yet I can stomach things like jalipeno's whole. My smell is even better, I can sense things my neighboors are cooking, two blocks away. Hearing is top notch (last time I had it checked, the operator had to re-do the test, because he thought the machine was malfunctioning). And I have a very high tolerance for pain, yet can sense the vibration of an ultra-sound (very very few people can feel it). So yeah, I'm really messed up :D

14. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

my contact prescription is -7.5 in my right eye, -8.0 in my left.... making me... very blind without them..... i take them out and i can barely see past my nose without squinting.... been slowly getting worse since i was 10 up until now... once they stable out, i'm getting the damn laser surgey to fix them

15. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

first of all, what's with all the thread revivals? :confused:

anyways, my eyesight is pretty bad. i can't see anything more than 4 feet away, and things that are upclose have to be at "just the right spot" or they're blurry. my mom has terrible eyesight (she has extremely thick glasses) and my dad's is bad, but not that bad. i've seriously considered getting that eye surgery to improve your eyesight cause i hate glasses and contacts dry out when i watch movies/play games/stare at monitor.

16. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

I have pretty good vision without my glasses. I can see almost anything its just much much easier with my glasses on. Im not sure what my presecription is is a little worse then last time but it should be better now.

17. pheonix

pheonix Toot Toot!

Re: Re: Realy now, how are your eyes?

I had the same thing happen to me; shortsighted, but things didn't seem quite right closeup...I talked to the optician about it last time I went. Turns out I have a stigmatism,which means that the eye is not perfectly round, and this slightly affects my short sighted vision. Thus the lenses in the glasses are also correcting this, as well as my long range sight.

18. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

No glasses, never wore them. Just had my vision checked last spring and it was 20/16 - and everyone in my family wears glasses, I work at a computer all day and I'm 35 :rock: :p

19. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

near perfect vision in my right eye, very short-sighted in my left. Can't remember the exact perscription but for my left is very strong.

20. ChillingSP

ChillingSP What's a Dremel?

Is just me or your avatar is slightly out of focus ? :D

I've 10-10 and i don't miss any rat :)