1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. H4wk1e

H4wk1e Minimodder

Warrior - its more than UFC it as a really good story as good as Rocky

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Warrior was a great film and a definite buy for me when it goes on general sale.
    8/10

3. bob_lewis

bob_lewis Lurker extraordinaire

The Man from Earth.

Saw it just recently, even though it's from -07. Best film I've seen since The Fountain. Brilliant story!

4. t4n6o

t4n6o You know when you've been tangoed

just seen Mr. Popper's Penguins (with Jim Carey)

begining was a little slow and ending was a bit daft after the climax of the middle but i do like Jim's work so its gunna get a .........

9/10

5. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - 9/10

An excellent movie. Nothing else needs to be said.

Puss in Boots - 6/10

Well sure, it's not at all up to par with the first couple of Shrek films, but it still holds its own. Not the worst bit of animation to come out these last few years.

Mr. Popper's Penguins - 3.5/10

When will I learn? Jim Carrey has only made one movie that is worth watching, and even in that one he still made me cringe on a couple of occassions (I am, of course, referring to Eternal Sunshine in a Spotless Mind) I just can't stand him, and this time I vow to avoid all future JC movies.

Last edited: 13 Jan 2012
  6. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

Heresy!! :jawdrop:

What about the Truman show? Yes Man? Me Myself & Irene?

Porkins' Wingman likes this.
  7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - solid drama/action. Great acting and an 'ok' plot. 7.5/10

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

which one? original or remake?

9. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I couldn't stand Me, Myself & Irene.

However, The Mask was brilliant. Oh, and so was Ace Ventura.

10. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Remake!

11. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Indeed - all gold.

12. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

The Inbetweeners Movie - 5/10

I think this film was hyped alot and did not stand up to it, was very disappointed. I laughed maybe once or twice.

Green Lantern - 6/10

It was OK, was engaging for the most part. The end didn't really feel like an end, it just kind of fizzled out.

Bunraku - 1/10

Forced myself through 20 minutes. The narration was a pain in the arse, stupid music and Japanese speaking sections with no subtitles. Trying to Hard to be a Kill Bill / Sin City cross.

13. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Sucker Punch

8.5/10

Now that's some proper story telling with hot girls, great special effects & plenty of emotion thrown in for good measure. Sure, certain aspects were to be expected from the start ( if you listen to what is actually said then
    the lobotomy
    isn't a surprise. I didn't find the jumping back and forth between different imagined realities confusing at all, it was a great plot device and well executed. Might be one to grab on dvd I reckon, I enjoyed it a lot ( extended 127 minutes version ).

14. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Panic Room

6.5/10

Fairly decent film but a little muddled here & there, seemed like the plot or script was a bit thin and needed greater direction. Over all it was worth a watch but wasn't really dramatic or suspense filled to make a great film, not one to worry about buying, for me.

15. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Rise of the planet of the apes -7/10

really brilliant CGI and andy serkis was outstanding (as normal), but I did find the plot...odd, seems to spend a lot of time trying to make us empathise with what are essentially the bad guys (given the events to come).
    I understand some of them where mistreated but that's nothing compared to the whole enslaving and lobotomising of humans that will happen.
    The "the virus does bad things to humans" never went anywhere either, presuming that was setting up for a sequel.

16. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

What's not to like about Jim Carey?

And why hasn't Dumb and Dumber been mentioned? It's only Carey's best film :D

Something Borrowed 8/10

I'm married, which means sometimes I have to watch girly movies (with my wife, of course... not alone, oh no). And this one was hilarious. Watch it. :D

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I thought It was brilliant as well... my only "but" iis that they alternate realities get samey quickly.
    The first two are breathtakingly cool, and then they seem to get a bit stuck in that regard... 6.5/10 for me, because that almost ruined a movie that had brilliant potential, visuals, and audio...

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Watched several on the flights recently on my iPad:

Hangover 2 (7/10):
    It's the same movie but still thoroughly entertaining because I've seen that's pretty much how some Westerners treat Thailand/Asia. It can be seen as racist, but with characters like Mr.Chow it pokes fun at itself and the three of them as ****ups too. Hated how they were so suddenly blaze about his finger and the tattoo at the end though. Also: the uncut version is not something to watch on a flight! :worried:

Robotech something or other. It was ****/10

Macross Zero was the only Macross/Robotech ever worth watching. Still.

Naruto Movie 4. 5/10

Entertaining for the first half. Skipped most of the second half when it went into a flashy mess.

Drive 9/10

Just. Wow. The whole cast is played out great. Powerful, patient movie. Not 10/10 due to not enough epicness in car chases (still hasn't beat original Blues Brothers or Ronin).

MI:3 Meh/10

Watched the first half and got bored. Very well executed set pieces but just so so so shallow.

19. Xir

Xir Modder

Sooo, how does it compare to the original?
    Why was the remake made? Original too "naked" for the US?

World Invasion: Battle Los Angeles 5/10

A thorough "Meh".
    "We aimed for combat authenticity" my *ss.
    Watch Black Hawk Down, then talk about combat authenticity :D

20. xXSebaSXx

xXSebaSXx Minimodder

I think it has more to do with the fact that the original was made in Denmark, with Danish actors and the studio just wanted some "big names" to attach to it.

The Double
    Plot: A retired CIA operative is paired with a young FBI agent to unravel the mystery of a senator's murder, with all signs pointing to a Soviet assassin.

The movie was good, not great, but good. I figured out who the bad guy was within the first ten minutes of the movie and then they "officially" revealed him within the first half hour of it... I should have known there was another twist coming. In the end they did surprise me with the final twists. So props for that as not many movies come to an end before I figure them out.

8/10