1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress COD MOW3 Power supply and cooler tested fitted 17/1/2012

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by fractal arc modder, 21 Nov 2011.

1. fractal arc modder

fractal arc modder What's a Dremel?

Hey guys i got great news i have been speaking to Antec and they have decided to sponsor me with a High Current gamer power supply 620watt.

I would like to give a big thanks to Irina and Rika from Antec.

[​IMG]

Lets look at the preview of what will be power up this gaming rig.

[​IMG]

The Antec High current 620watt.

Mods for this power supply will be the following:

Shortening the power supply cables to the right size to reach all components inside the case, Para Cord desert camo style, Paint power supply cover green and adding Antecs logo on the side of the power supply in a ammo box theme.

Thanks so much Antec.

Last edited: 15 Dec 2011
  2. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Gonna follow this one - I like small cases with much power inside.

Also love the fact that you chose Paracord - I recently used it in a project of mine (Project F.O.B. T.C.). It's an awesome material - harder to use than conventional sleeving, but the results are waaaay better than conventional sleeving....

3. fractal arc modder

Hey Nutman,

Thanks.

I love the way para cord looks.

I will update this worklog very soon just got a few things i'm waiting on.

Motherboard shouldn't take too long to get here.

Also purchasing two set of A ram sticks to give me a total of 8 gig and ill make a custom ram cooler for them.

Stay tuned guys.

4. fractal arc modder

Hey guys i just received the motherboard from Origin Pc new updates are coming.

I have ordered a Overkill 120mm Sniper fan grille for the Asetek cooler.

I also got a new power switch coming, Two fans, Shroud and longer radiator screws for the front of the case.

Photos are coming very soon

5. fractal arc modder

Finally some new updates.

Hey guys Merry Xmas to you all before i get started with the details. :D

Yesterday i received my motherboard for the case it turned out to be a Asus P8H67I Deluxe which is awesome.

Merry Xmas Origin Pc you guys rock. :clap:

Firstly i have tested fitted the motherboard to make sure everything is going to work the way i have planned.

[​IMG]

I attached the cooler mount to the motherboard to make sure i had clearance underneath the motherboard.

[​IMG]

This gives a idea how i will be mounting the cooler to the case.

[​IMG]

Ok i have attached the radiator and a fan to the case to show you guys a idea of how it is going to work.

[​IMG]

Back view of the cooler and motherboard inside the case.

[​IMG]

Im starting to prep the case for primer now so i am using 400 grit wet and dry to give the primer enough to stick to.

Also notice if you can i have cleaned up my cuts with wet and dry to make it look a lot cleaner.

[​IMG]

Dulling up the black paint to make it ready for a coat of self etching primer.

[​IMG]

I have been using the 400 grit wet and dry around the cuts i made to the case to clean up any burrs and sharp edges.

Also made the cuts look a lot neater.

Now i have ordered a 120mm fan shroud and a fan grille for the case.

Two Gelid Uv green 120mm fans and longer radiator screws for the front of the case.

One green led power switch to top it all off.

Please guys tell me what you think and merry Xmas to all.

6. fractal arc modder

Happy new year everyone.

I have some updates to post very soon stay tuned.

7. fractal arc modder

Hey guys just a minor update i have been test fitting the motherboard and cpu cooler again.

I have decided where to place the Asetek Radiator so i can bypass the power supply so everything will fit nicely inside the case also i found a solid state drive mount i will mount this to the side of the case.

[​IMG]

This is how the setup will kinda look like inside the case i just put the ssd mount tray there just to see how much clearance i will have.

[​IMG]

As you can see its a tight fit for the cold plate to mount to the motherboard but i have a 120mm fan shroud on it way.

[​IMG]

Now just a look with two 120mm fans mounted at the front of the case thats how much the radiator will come out closer to the motherboard.

I also have measured how much room i have for a graphics card i have 9.5 inch to play with which i can just squeeze a Nvidia Gtx 560 inside the case.

I have to now start planning and sketching up the side window for the graphics card and also a metal border to go around the side window cut out to make it look nice instead of using u channel molding.

Top panel i will be doing the same kinda border around the cut out.

I have ordered a Overkill 120mm sniper grille for the radiator.

[​IMG]

It will be painted up to match the case.

[​IMG]

I have had to order bigger radiator screws with a length of 48mm to mount the fan grille and a fan shroud plus a 120mm fan with a dust filter attached to the front of the fan.

[​IMG]

This is what i have to use as a fan shroud order has been placed just waiting for the parcel to be sent.

[​IMG]

I have this coming as well a 16mm green led power switch to be mounted at the front of the case.

[​IMG]

This is the type of ram i am looking for Sodimm i will be getting two stick of these 204pin to suit the motherboard i will be using a total of 8 gig.

[​IMG]

This is the kinda of graphics card i am looking to purchase i will be modding some perspex and cut a hole to the size of the graphics card fan diameter and add a fan grille plus bullet holes in the perspex.

I still am waiting on the power supply as well so i can sleeve it to customize it for the case shorten wires etc.

I will be getting some primer next week and start spraying the case and order a airbrush kit.

Stay tuned

8. fractal arc modder

Hey guys i have just purchase a graphics card for my case.

[​IMG]

Gigabyte Gtx 550 Ti

I have received the quickest mail from the Us today took only 8 days to get to my house and i live like a billion miles away from the Us.

I have a surprise for anyone that is looking at this thread i am heading out to take some photos now.

9. fractal arc modder

I fitted the grille with a 120mm fan just to see what it will look like.

[​IMG]

Front view i think i will need to cut more out around my hole before i primer the case.

[​IMG]

Side view case looks way better now i think.

[​IMG]

Inside the case view nothing really great to see yet.

[​IMG]

Top view i am really loving this grille already the quality of it is awesome.

[​IMG]

Just another front view close up.

Now all i am waiting on is the Graphics card, Gelid fans, Bigger radiator screws and a fan shroud.

I keep meaning to say i am going to primer my case i am trying to get around to it but something else always comes up i am going to wait a little while longer before i do the paint etc.

I now need to make my solid state drive housing my first plan i had a while ago didn't succeed and it was just a minor set back i will get it done soon i have a idea for cooling for the solid state drive.

All i need for my case mod now is primer, paint, airbrush kit, vinyl film, green uv reactive led lights, Antec current gamer power supply for sleeving, Intel cpu and sodimm ram.

I would like to thank my sponsor who have helped make all this happen so far:

Fractal Design

Asetek

Origin Pc

Antec

Without the help and support from these companies and there genuine attitude towards my case mod i wouldn't of been able to get this far.

I still have 50 per cent left to do to the case filing, bodyfiller, sleeving, doing window borders, painting, stenciling, dogtags, doing my custom graphics card side window for cooling and a few other mods left to do.

Please guys tell me what you think so far.

10. fractal arc modder

Hey guys,

I am stilling waiting for parts to arrive.

When i receive the graphics card i will make a cardboard template for my side window so i can use the template on the perspex for my graphics card cooling and bullets holes.

I am getting more batteries today and have done one side of the case with some body filler to fill in some existing holes from the hard drive mounts that were original part of the case.

I have decide this will be my personal pc as i don't have much time now for gaming etc but when i do have time i am planning on adding a xbox 360 controller to it.

I still have to make a hole for the fan controller and mount a solid state drive i have decided to start parting out my current pc to get the funds to finish off this case mod.

I will update this thread very soon.

11. fractal arc modder

New updates 11/1/2012

Hey Guys

I got some more things in the mail yesterday and finally got some new batteries.

I received two green uv Gelid fans for the cpu cooler.

One green led power switch which will be sleeved later on.

A fan shroud but i had to order big radiator screws for it to fit.

Also i have used some body filler on some of the holes in the case lets check it out :thumb:

[​IMG]

Im using the body filler to cover up the cases existing hard drive cage holes on either side.

[​IMG]

I modded the existing power button hole with a round file to get the power button to fit its a green led one too by the way.

[​IMG]

Inside view of the installed power button.

[​IMG]

The fan shroud it will light up with the uv reactive fans.

[​IMG]

What it looks like outside the box.

[​IMG]

The Gelid 120mm uv reactive green led fans 1500rpm it will do the job nicely.

Now all i am waiting on is the graphics card, longer radiator screws and power supply.

Last edited: 11 Jan 2012
  12. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Those Gelid fans remind me soooo much of the green Nanoxia fans. I wonder if it's the same company, somehow...

13. fractal arc modder

I dunno i think they look sweet.

I forgot to get some washer for the radiator screws hence why i am having some much trouble mounting the rest.

14. fractal arc modder

17/1/2012

Hey guys i did some test fitting today i got more parts thanks Antec for the power supply.

[​IMG]

I got the power supply, motherboard and radiator mounted took a lot of work to get it all in.

[​IMG]

It was a tight fit to get it all in.

[​IMG]

I really need to shorten the power supply wires and sleeve them.

[​IMG]

Just a photo of the back of the case need to remount the power supply bracket.

[​IMG]

Finally got the cold plate attached to the motherboard.

Now all i got to do is primer my case and bodyfill some holes and stuff.

Last edited: 18 Jan 2012
  15. peteski

peteski long live the pc

looking good mate :rock: :rock: :rock:

16. fractal arc modder

Hey man thanks stay tuned i have some up coming news coming.

17. fractal arc modder

New sponsorship updates.

Hey guys i have been in touch with Intel Australia.

They have decided to support me behind this case mod and sponsor me a Intel i3 cpu.

Big thanks goes out to Anna.