1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Anno 2070

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 19 Nov 2011.

1. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

All have to start somewhere! :)

Something I was wondering though - how do you all conduct your research? All from one group until you've found everything and then move on. or do you go after specific techs and don't bother with the rest?

2. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

Anyone else having a problem logging in?

3. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Nope, had no issues at all last night. Though I have found UbiLauncher doesn't like it when you run other downloads/browsers.

4. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

It was quite strange, the Launcher kept giving me, "Incorrect Username or Password, Please try again" which it most certainly wasn't.

5. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Well, normally if the servers are down, you get a "service unavailable" message. So either you not typing properly or someone hackzes ur account. Ask for password change cause you forgot it - should sort both issues out.

Sent from Bittech Android app

6. smithy40000

smithy40000 What's a Dremel?

Bought anno 2070 about a week ago, every spare gaming hour i have had has been put into this game its truly amazing, i seem to struggle with eco balance though. I also tend to spread out my stuff too far, tried sectioning my island in stages but i guess i over estimated the production area :S

7. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

I'm realy doubting of buying this game, it loks amazing ! Its on sale on the hut now for 25€, very tempting!
    Is the game even better than anno 1404?

8. smithy40000

My city.

Heres some pictures of my city, couldnt post any last night because steam failed and it was 2:30am so i couldnt be bothered getting back on. Tips and constructive criticism welcome!

Picture of my farm area.

[​IMG]

My city, mostly tech level 2 now.

[​IMG]

Production area, i think i need to move it over to the left more because there is a lot of wasted space here.

[​IMG]

The dock.

[​IMG]

And of course the all important lemmings. Currently working on building a hydro electric dam.

[​IMG]

That's it! Wouldn't have been able to get this far without Gunsmith's guide. Considering making a video of the city and uploading it to youtube in the near future.

9. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

You're doing well, the only point I would look at is your city layout. Your City Center a bit too close (too much overlap so you wasting maintenance there) and your roads are a bit messy. Easy to fix though :) and its something I've done a few times to help myself with that exact problem:

Start a new Continuous game (go for easy with no expanding opponents and a huge map). Now when your building your city, follow Gunsmith's guide but only level up one house to level 2 (just to get tool production) - then demo and replace with level 1 house. From then on never up grade any houses until you've covered the whole island. Don't even worry about thier drinks requirements - just fish, activity, and community (and oh my **** do they go through fish!!)

The idea here is that you focus on the layout to get the most out of your area and not on the rest of the game. You'll so come up with some ace layout designs, and as a bonus you'll have a massive boost for the rest of the map.

Good luck! :thumb:

Last edited: 13 Jan 2012
  10. smithy40000

Yeah it is a little cramped, this was my first map so i didnt have much of a clue what to build and where :) I just started plonking down stuff in random places, i took an urban sprawl approach i think, needs more planning.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

- far too much tea/rice/fish for a population of 3000
    - your research centre should be in the middle of your science sector, more people in its AOI the faster the research being done.
    - you have a fire station in the middle of your industry sector, it is un needed.
    - too man city centres too close together.

12. smithy40000

For some reason i kept on running out of tea and rice, i struggle with eco balance problems big time. I have to keep the plug in for 75 eco balance running all the time or i fall into negative balance. Maybe once i reach the 4th level of buildings that will fix it, if not would someone who knows what they are doing give me a hand with it, I can send you the map files.

13. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

I just orderd my copy of anno 2070 last night, it was on sale at the hut for 25€ :D
    Can't wait to get back into anno, I was a big fan of 1404 :)

14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Bought Anno 2070 from play £22 with delivery on Tuesday. Need to take a break from BF3 nearly two hundred hours of gameplay!!

15. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

No worries dude, I'll help you out.

Can anyone say if we can send attachments in PMs? If not we can go for mailing to me. My internet line at the moment (and for a while to come) hyper slow, so sorry we can't MP.

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

So Anno 2070 arrived today, bloody royal mail are useless. Installing it now. So many games to play. Mostly going to be this, BF3 and Skyrim.

17. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

You and me both, my backlog is massive now, and I've just got back into BF3....At least I've got games to keep my busy ^.^

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Not forgetting I bought quite a few in the Steam Sale. I started the First Mission but cant seem to get past deliverying a bloody message. can't collect it when it's asking me too lol

Going to single player no missions game!

19. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

You finding it easy to get in too?

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Marine after everyone left BF3 i sunk around 4-5 hours into it. I watched Gunsmiths First.guide video and then went to building. Will show hIm it and see what he thinks. I have an economic island up to Sushi being made. Lots of wood/Tools/materials and fish/tea. Think i have 600+ inhabitants too.