1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Geekbench scores

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bloody_Pete, 14 Dec 2011.

1. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

ye x58 has still got it!

2. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Damn right it has, lol. I'm keeping this baby for a LONG time! :thumb:

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I take it you are happy that you kept my old chip? ;)

4. mikeyman198

mikeyman198 Lets pretend this is hilarious.

I'm just going to leave this here...

[​IMG]

5. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I do.. somewhere, and the Rampage IV has probe headers just for that, so something I'll definitely look into when I find the meter.

Will update later.

Still stuff to play with. If you look on the ROG website... there's tons of stuff. I've found messing with clock skewing can have great effect on stability.

6. shaunster1011

shaunster1011 What's a Dremel?

Boring? Depends what bores you I guess. Personally I find spending days on end playing with bios settings just to get a stable OC very boring... :D

7. Pookeyhead

Tried that... made mine around 300 points slower.

[EDIT]

Will update boards later, or possibly tomorrow. In the middle of something right now.

Last edited: 16 Jan 2012
  8. yougotkicked

yougotkicked A.K.A. YGKtech

I had the vcore offset @ .020 (I hate this approach to voltage settings btw, way to hard to work out where your voltage really is)

VCCIO was 1.060 (default is 1.050)
    PCH was 1.060 ( " )
    and PLL overvoltage was enabled.

that's all I did in terms of voltage, and you can probably find bench-stable settings without touching VCCIO/PCH, I just found that raising those tended to help me get back to BIOS without a CMOS clear after a failed boot, more often than simply raising the offset. but that may just be my imagination or a quirk in my board/cpu

I suspect something isn't quite right if you are hitting 90* on your cooler, I saw similar temps with my TT120 when I had offset @ auto and the board would crank it up to almost 1.5v (well, even then I was peaking at 87*, I went over 90* for a bit b/c my HSF fan was dead, I was cooling it passively XD). Either you're voltages are too high, or you need to re-seat your heatsink.

hmm, I gained ~20 points by disabling some startup programs, I may have to fiddle with diagnostic mode to see what kind of a boost I get.

also, just stumbled across this thread @ XS Clicky, I may have to grab myself some of those, $60 for 8gigs of 2133 seems pretty good to me :D

9. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Then technically you're not an overclocker ;) SB is "gamers' gear" IMO, plug-and-play like a big HDTV or a console, and that's specifically why they're so popular with gamers. I can spend 12 hours solid working on one overclock with my X58 system because there's SO much more to figure out to get the best performance from the system. I spent £600 on my mobo and CPU - could have gotten a 2600K/Z68 setup with tiptop custom water cooling for that money, but where's the fun in that? :D

Same happened to me when my system was unstable. When my system is stable I consistently get a few hundred more in diagnostic mode. When you think about it, it makes perfect sense - freeing up system resources for one program should in theory make that program run a little faster.

Ecstatic mate. I've got it rock stable running linpack for a whole hour at 4.7GHz, 85C above ambient LOL. :thumb:

10. yougotkicked

[​IMG]
    Upload
    [​IMG]

Well, that was fun.

Loosened the RAM timings and found stable settings for 2133mhz.
    Cranked the vcore offset to +0.095v and VCCIO to 1.100v
    This was just enough for a bench run at 5.2Ghz

CPU-Z showed vcore peaking at 1.5v, so when I couldn't post at 5.3Ghz with these voltages, I decided this was good enough and returned to my 4.5Ghz safe-zone.

This should make me the fastest 2500k rig on the board :cooldude:

P.S. Motherboard is ASUS P8Z68-V LX BIOS rev. 701 Windows 7 64-bit ultimate.
    Geekbench didn't recognize these for some reason.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Time to find me a HDD so I can bench this R4E and 2133 GSkill. I've only got aircooling but they do have LN2 upstairs...

12. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

Damn you!!!!!!
    Looks like I need to get back to OC'ing and benching mine. Good thing is it's quite cold at moment so I can hopefully get a higher clock then 5.3GHz

13. yougotkicked

please dont make me haul my kit outside :waah:

It's been an unusually warm winter so far, but where I live we regularly drop below -20*F (-29*C), so I think I could push a bit harder than you should it come to that.

14. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Don't you come in here and knock us all of the top spots with your LN2 and cherry picked 3960X... I know how you guys work. Lol (Only jealous cause I don't have a LN2 yet...Hang on, I could take my rig to my partners vets, and use her LN2 or liquid Helium...In need of a pot).

Anyhow, I look forward to your results! ;)

15. Pookeyhead

Do it!!

16. Pookeyhead

My system is completely stable at 4.7. I tested diagnostic mode at stock speeds too just to make sure, and the same thing happened. It appeared to be slower by a few hundred points. Something is being culled in diagnostic mode that helps X79 along a little bit it would seem.

17. Seb.F

Seb.F Minimodder

Is this, a CHALLENGE? :p

18. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

Of course it is this whole thing is a challenge until one of us blows are rig up :p

19. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

No way am I challenging an SB-E user... no contest. Anybody with X58 wants to try beating my score, however, come ahead. :D

20. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I need moar watercooling before I can even dare challenge X58. That NB bottleneck ruins any attempt I get. It's pointless getting a ridiculously high set of CPU scores when my memory only pulls up 4k.