1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware MSI X79A-GD65 (8D) Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 16 Jan 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. KiNETiK

KiNETiK What's a Dremel?

I think Bit-tech should be renamed Motherboard-tech

3. Gomfs

Gomfs What's a Dremel?

"the superior EFI and tweaking software provided with the Asus boards on test are enough to make them better value for money."

for the hard-core OC guys that cant handle to wait a little and gladly pays 50->100 more for just that on the board... yes
    on everything else its close too a dead run...

so yes, the RoG board is a little better on that, but is that worth 50->100 pounds more?

4. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

I'm up with Gomfs, for the price and the EFI I believe MSI has something to worry competition and the bios can be updated to be snappier as its competition. Should have been awarded with a foot note to be considered although ASRock has a better value for money for its new x79 mobos

5. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

So...another X79 board that performs pretty much like every other X79 board. Is there a way to streamline this? Maybe cut down to a single page of what makes it different from every other X79 board on the market?

(and "continue reading, etc" before I plug my SSD into one of the ASMedia ports? Are you going to shock me by saying they're faster than the native ports? What's that? You aren't? Frankly, I'm amazed, given that that's how it's gone FOR EVERY OTHER BOARD EVER.)

6. randis1981

randis1981 What's a Dremel?

this is pathetic, till now the best board for the price you have and not take anything. only because it is not Asus
    and do not even want to show gigabyte seems biased these comments, any fool can do overclocking with this board.

7. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Glad you're in the know. There are people that aren't I'm afraid, we all need to start somewhere

8. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Many of these extra features are in no way for the 'hard-core OC guys'. The Thermal Radar fan control suit, for example, with the Sabertooth X79 is a brilliant feature that everyone can play with and benefit from, even if you're not overclocking.

Tags: Add Tags