1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wicked Widow

Discussion in 'Modding' started by abbas-it, 7 Jan 2012.

1. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

Hi Everyone, here is my latest creation, called THE WICKED WIDOW.
    [​IMG]
    Its just another Alan-Lee typical lean mean badd ass but kicker, evil poison-n-pain mod.
    I love this style.
    its the input set which accompanies the Scratch Build Computer whcih I will also be posting soon called the Black Widow. The black Widow isnt finished yet so here are at least the input devices.
    They consist of a keyboard, a mouse pad and a pen, all in the black widow style.
    They keyboard though is something of a new approach. I thought why not use the size of the revoltec chocolate keyboard to hold a harddisk and usb hub. It also has hdd switch and hdd temperature display. The keyboard, usb ports, temp-display and hdd all work with a single usb cable and have been packed into a wooden casing. I welded the widow nets with 3mm steel rods and even used solder lead to cast the skulls for the mid top sections widow body, the same for the 2 net wings left and right.
    as you can se i stained the wood and then after sealing it with a clear coat airbrushed the widow and flames blending he keyboard in from black to golden shades. pinstriped them and then clear sprayed it again. the same method was used for the perrix mouse pad. i even made a spring holder for the wicked widow pen i made from an old coat hanger which i also airbrushed gold and black accordingly and screwed to the bottom of the caseing. if the pen is not in it then you cant see the holder at all.
    the work is finished now and i can finally get round to posting, sorry it pretty much all in one go. i hope you like it.
    so pictures will be posted soon.

Last edited: 24 Jan 2012
  2. abbas-it

you wont like they sketch, but wait till you see the final product, trust me

you wont like the sketch, but wait till you see the final product, trust me..

I started building this nasty little mean keyboard set in november 2011 and have just finished it in January 2012. And woe and behold, I just won the we mod it com first place with it too.
    THE WICKED WIDOW. Another Ali Abbas/alias Alan-Lee typical lean mean bad ass but kicker,evil poison-n-pain mod. I love this style.
    The set consists of a keyboard, a mouse pad and pen, as well as a USB stick, all in the black widow style.
    The keyboard though is something of a new approach.
    I thought why not use the size of the Revoltec chocolate keyboard tohold a harddisk and usb hub.It also has a HDD switch and HDD temperature display.

The keyboard, usb ports, temp-display and HDD all work with a singleusb cable and have been packed into a wooden casing. I welded the widow nets with 3mm steel rods and even used solder leadto cast the skulls for the mid top sections widow body, the same for the2 net wings left and right.As you can se I stained the wood and then after sealing it with a clearcoat airbrushed the widow and flames blending the keyboard in fromblack to golden shades.After that I pinstriped them and then clear sprayed the whole build again.The same method was used for the perrix mouse pad. I even made aspring holder for the wicked widow pen I made from an old coat hangerwhich I also airbrushed gold and black accordingly and screwed to thebottom of the caseing.If the pen is not in it then you cant see the holder at all.I hope you like it.
    TO SEE THE WHOLE WORKLOG PLEASE VISIT www we-mod-it com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    GETTING THE USB CUTOUTS RIGHT
    [​IMG]
    THE TEMPERATUR DISPLAY FOR THE INTERNAL HDD BEING FIXED
    [​IMG]
    THE BASIC CASING IN ALMOST COMPLETE
    [​IMG]
    TIME TO ADD SOME COLOR, BLOOD RED STAINED, YOU WILL SEE LATER WHY
    [​IMG]
    Next step was to use my nieces halloween plastic skulls as cast forms for the playdoh cast and then cast my own skulls out of soldering lead rods

I USED SOMPLE SOLDER LEAD TO MAKE MY OWN SKULLS,
    TEMPLATES WERE MADE FROM PLASTIC HALLOWEEN SKULL PRESSED IN PLAYDOH
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    NOW I CAN START THE IRON ROD AND WELDING WORK
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the main nets are almost finished
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    FIXING THE SKULLS TO THE METAL WEBS SPIDER WASNT EASY AT ALL
    [​IMG]
    AFTER AIRBRUSHING THE WEBS IN BLACK AND GOLD SHADES, ADHERED THE SKULLS IN PLACE
    AND AIRBRUSHED THEM GOLDEN TOO
    [​IMG]
    BEFORE FIXING THE IRON NETS TO THE CASING, IT ALSO NEED A BLACK AND GOLD AIRBRUSH PAINTJOB
    [​IMG]
    MADE A BLACK WIDOW TEMPLATE WHICH I THEN JUST TRACED OPPOSITELY ROUND BOTH SIDES OF THE TELPERATURE DISPLAY FOR TAPING
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    AIRBRUSHING THE BLACK AND THEN TOUCHING THE EDGES WITH GOLD
    [​IMG]
    ITS CALLED WICKED WIDOW SO HERE ARE THE EMBLEM LETTERS 2xWW. and the finished
    spider flames and pinstriped outlines
    [​IMG]
    i also made a ballpoint to match this set and a holder too, also a mousepad and USB stick.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    FIXING THE SKULLS TO THE METAL WEBS SPIDER WASNT EASY AT ALL
    then i realised that the matt keyboard was blended out by the shiny red an gold etc.. so i sprayed it clear and shiny too, looks much better now, it all harmonizes better
    [​IMG]

MAY I INTRODUCE THE FINISHED WIDOW HEAD ABOVE THE TEMP DISPLAY.
    [​IMG]
    THE PEN IN ITS HOLDER
    [​IMG]

So guys here are a few more lics, then i will show you the mouse pad, the pen and the usb stick i made all in this set and style.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    THE USB STICK IS THE ONLY ONE MADE OF PLASTIC, the plastic skull was used as a template to cast the other skulls remember, why waste is if i can use it as the stick body, right!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So guys, I hope you like it, it just won first prize at the www.we-mod-it.com INPUT DEVICES MODDING CONTEST IN GERMANY.
    website www.computer-designer.com
    Watch out for the coming Black Widow Project from Ali Abbas / alias Alan Lee.
    Will be posting it also after the CE-Bit in Hannover.

Last edited: 24 Jan 2012
  3. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

You need to copy the image URL not the HTML address :)

4. abbas-it

thanks, i finally got it right.

5. k.3nny

k.3nny Minimodder

stil not wordking over here :)

6. logicmike

logicmike What's a Dremel?

not working here either :(

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Images should be between image tags:

[​IMG]

Don't use text size tags:

[SIZE=X]your text[/SIZE]

It just makes your text look huge.

Moved to modding until you get it all worked out.

8. abbas-it

thanks, i should have chekced to see if it works, now it does, hope you like it

QUOTE=longweight;2926439]You need to copy the image URL not the HTML address :)[/QUOTE]

9. abbas-it

thanks

10. abbas-it

thanks

11. abbas-it

Now its working

now its working