1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Operation Aufräumen

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Sarakon, 18 Jan 2012.

1. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Hi all,
    Inspired by Huge's Thread I have decided it's time to also start the room modding a bit and to rebuilt my PC a little.

I had painted my room in January 2011, from a light blue to the current light brown/occar colour. At the time I had also bought paint for my cupboard doors, but i was too lazy to actually paint them. Now i have. Here are the pictures: (Only had my phone camera so some of them are not the greatest)

First Some pics of the room itself as it was before painting:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First coat:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made a few mistakes: I painted over a layer that was not completely dry yet, causing the not dry paint to "peel off". It looked like this after that:

[​IMG]

Then I got a proper tool. I was only using a brush, which left the streaming marks:

[​IMG]

After pulling the masking tape off its also pulled a little of the paint off.

[​IMG]

Time to bring in the small brush to fix this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the end result for now:

[​IMG]

Next: I will paint all the red black, to match my light switches, plugs points and of course my PC :D The Curtain Board ( dunno what to call it) will also be painted black. I will have to make a quick stop at the shops for more paint though.

2. Huge

Huge aka Dave

Hey, nice room. Do you share it or do you just have a spare bed? Got any plans for new furniture? And what spec is your computer currently?

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Are you putting latex paint over gloss oil-based paint? It will do that no matter what without surface prep.
    It's better to apply the base color to the entire project, then add the accent color later. -Saves tape too.

4. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

I see you are playing WOT,tanker friend. ;)

5. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Well its just a spare bed, usually occupied by my step brother when he's here.
    Well I'm thinking of getting a new bed, a BIGGER one and just got the new chair...but yours still looks super comfy :D
    My PC is in Sig but that changes so here goes: Corsair Obsidian 650D | Cooler Master 850W Silent Pro M | Asus P8P67 EVO| Intel i5 2500K | Zalman CNPS10X Flex | Corsair XMS3 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | PALIT Geforce GTX570 Sonic Platinum | 1TB SATA 3(6GB/s) | 2TB SATA 2 (3GB/s).

I will take it apart soon as it requires some cleaning and some fan modding and i got 2*2TB new HDDs should arrive soon.

I realized that when i was cleaning up the broken parts, that the dark brown actually will make a nice base for the black to come :duh:

Its so ADDICTIVE... :D preventing me from finishing my room as well...

6. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

So I got a little bored yesterday and since I needed a design for my desk drew up a quick sketch:

[​IMG]

Ill try and put it in Sketchup as well.....

7. mikeyandrewb

mikeyandrewb What's a Dremel?

Nice
    Design looks good. Good luck with the build!

8. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

know the sketch isn't to scale or anything, but make sure with that design you've enough space for your legs between the supports for it.

9. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Thanks. yeah i measured everything out...Will update the sketch soon

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Subbed, a room mod. :rock::dremel::D