1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Cops in the UK - useless!

Discussion in 'General' started by Kovoet, 15 Jan 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Have to agree 100% with this, I was driving through Riegate one night with the wife and got stopped by two police officers and once they heard we was from Peckham the conversation turned very racist I was extremely glad to be white English not being a racist my self I was taken back by what they said.
    On the other hand I've met some really good coppers too tbh we would be buggered without the police though.

Last edited: 19 Jan 2012
  2. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

You didn't seriously just pull the racist card, did you? You got pulled by two cops then ended up having a racist conversation with them? Sure, that happens all the time nowadays. And I'm sure if you were a homosexual indian they would have tied you to their car and driven the length of the M1, whilst chanting racist abuse over the tannoy.

Every profession contains racists, sexists, homophobes, people with mental health problems and so on. Why should we be any more 'taken back' when it is a Police Officer? Are they not just as human as every other person? Is it because the media find them as an easy target and so should you?

You're absolutely right when you say the world would be buggered without law enforcement. So what are you trying to achieve in making them your enemy? 99% of Police Officers in this country are honest, hard working and feel nothing but frustration over not being able to do everything they can for victims. That 1% exists in every job. Please don't tar us all with the same brush.

3. Teelzebub

No not the rascist card but the FACT they said they couldn't wait to get transfered to peckham so they could kick some F**king W*gs heads in. And lets be honest a rascist road sweeper doesn't quite have the same power as a rascist Police officer.

Last edited: 18 Jan 2012
  4. SpaceBaby

SpaceBaby AKA: Stophon

Every instance i have needed the help of a police officer i have got that help.

We have had several thefts of bikes from the shed in out garden, every time we have called them to report it we have had an officer around to check it out and give advice... it ended up with us reinforcing out shed with steel and special anti tamper lock. not a single theft in over 5 years now.

when my brother was mugged (about aged 16) reported it and within the hour there was an officer around with a book full of faces to see if he could identify the person.

when i came home and caught a man running off with my mums purse and a bunch of other items after loosing him in the pursuit. describing him to police he was caught within a few days with everything being returned apart from a bit of cash.

the most recent was at my dads new house where he walked in to a man trying to steal his laptop, if my dad didnt come back when he did then it would have been gone. but the guy got scared and ran for it. the police came over quite quickly and got a few good finger prints off the laptop. this was recent so no word on the results of this yet.

5. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

How long ago was this? Maybe not a road sweep, but how about a racist doctor? Or a racist teacher? You don't hear the GMC or NUT being called institutionally racist do you?

I hope you get a result back from it, best of luck.

6. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I don't wish to offend, but I feel I have to ask - did this really happen?

7. Teelzebub

Would have been about 12 years ago before I moved up here.

Yea it happened alright in Riegate main road the wife was there too I would swear that on my kids life both of them I was amazed that they even said it.
    They seemed to assume that because I came from Peckham and was white English I would feel the same way, Kinda insulting I thought.
    I was just glad to get away from them, I mean what you supposed to say to that??

Last edited: 19 Jan 2012
  8. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

It's all fair to complain about it, but why on earth did you not get their collar numbers and report them?

9. Teelzebub

Yea right that would have been a waste of time, Tbh I hoped they did get they transfer they would have got eaten alive with that attitude.

Carrie likes this.
  10. Zygersaf

Zygersaf What's a Dremel?

I actually felt the need to create an account and come to the defence of the police, yes I agree they do sod all about petty theft, becasue it is not worth wasting resorces chasing after a single mobile phone. To be honest, if it is an expensive phone, you should jsut get insurance for it (Ideally we shouldn't even need be worry about it being stolen, but hey that's life)

I had my bike stolen once, they put it on record and that was it, life uskcs but get over it, you learn from your mistakes. In this case it was that if your forget to bring your bike lock soemwhere, no matter how well hidden you think it is, some ***** soemwhere will steal it.

When it comes to serious offences, I have to say the police do a pretty good job considering the power they actually have these days. I got attacked on my paper round, must have been about 5 years ago, by som drunk guy at half 6 in the morning, once I got home my boss phoned and asked me to come to the shop and ask what happened, then he insisted on calling the police, even though it wasnt that bad.

Another 20 mins later I get a phone call asking if they can come around to talk to me, I say yes ofc, once they get here, they have the guy in teh back of the car and ask me if i want to press charges, I only declinded becasue i didnt think taht it was worht the hassel for a few bruises... but it was that they actually caught the guy and gave me the chance to do something about it if I wanted to that i was impressed with, so no, they arn't all fat and lazy you ust havnt come accross some decent ones :/

11. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Even if nothing directly came of it, the complaint would get noted and it'd get picked up if there were multiple complaints against an officer.

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

So if a police officer feels apathetic about a problem because they cannot do anything about it it's wrong, but if you, a concerned citizen feels apathetic about a problem because they cannot do anything about it, it's OK? Double standards much?

13. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Well that's all fair-dos, but at that time of day there is often eff-all going on and the cops are actually happy to get a reason to jump in the car and head out to something semi-interesting.

14. Teelzebub

While I do agree with you to a degree I had to drive that route every sunday night still do now and then, If I had ask them for their numbers and reported them and nothing happened I would be getting stopped every time they saw me and get all kinds of grief over it, Somtimes its better to just walk on mate.

Anyway I hope they did get thier transfers with that atittude they would have been the ones with thier heads kicked in.

15. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

You don't have to ask for their numbers, they are clearly visable on their shoulders at all times.

Police cannot get away with stopping the same person loads as they have to provide a written 'Stop & Search' form to the person who they stop to account for the search. Harassment is easy to prove with these forms. You are either talking a load of tosh, lazy or really have double standards.

16. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Not at all times...

17. Teelzebub

Thanks for your kind words So let's get this right in the one statement you called me a liar lazy and I have double standards, Don't hold back now will you lol.
    Fortunately your opinion means less than the stuff I happened to tread in the other day so I wont take it to heart It happened whether you choose to believe it or not matters not to me :p

Edit Just thought I might clarify I did say night so it was dark, Night = dark poor visibility

Last edited: 20 Jan 2012
  18. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

From my experience (first hand) I've seen police drive past drivers who are clearly using their phones to drivers illegall overtaking, to parking on double yellows and on the path! And police will just drive past as if nobody is breaking the law!

So yes, I agree with the OP - Why are police in certain areas of the UK useless.

That show is brilliant! You should also see Traffic Cops! and CO19 (armed response)

You think an armed police officer isn't bothered by the idea of shooting an innocent person? I was pissed off about De Menezes more than most because I knew it was down to other psychological dynamics of racism, xenophobia and paranoid anxiety. It was adults forgetting they were adults. But the firearms chief leading the team cried in court. He was gutted.

Sure they shot him because they were racist cops and had a phobia of a foreign person!

:sigh:

Last edited: 20 Jan 2012
    Teelzebub likes this.
  19. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

It also shows the frustration of the police force, given the sheer moronity that they have to deal with on a daily basis.

If they pulled over every driver who is on their mobile or overtaking illegally, it would take a patrol a full 8 hour shift just to traverse the length of Spark Hill in Birmingham. And while they take the 15 minutes to process a driver who they just pulled over for using a mobile, they cannot respond to, say, a call to assist with a robbery in progress. They cannot be everywhere. Either they pick up on everything and are constantly tied up, or they are available for rapid response which means that they have to let the small stuff go.

20. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Fair enough it can happen but that's not a normality, the majority of Police Officers do have both epaulettes visible when on duty.

It find it quite hypocritical that you can complain that the Police are "god damn useless and lazy" because they cannot deal with your issue the exact moment you report it, but you cannot be bothered to report a potentially racist incident.

If you were close enough to be able to speak to the Officers, you should have been able to read a set of numbers that are at least 1cm tall and in a bold clearly legiable font.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.