1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Postal 3 review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 20 Jan 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

What a bloody shame.. I didn't even realise it was being released yet but I had fond, if somewhat twisted, memories of the previous 2 iterations and hoped that they would at least hold true to form.

Not sure why they picked the steam engine, not sure why they went 3rd person, not sure why there has been no thought process at all, not sure why the satircal, often ironic, black humour has been canned.. in short it seems to have been made by the old developers teenage offspring at best. :(

3. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Odd - a colleague and I were talking about Postal 1 & 2 this morning. Can't say I'm surprised at the game's score, wasn't expecting much tbh.

4. improprietary

improprietary FT03 is a bitch to watercool

This is the score they were going for!

5. ewanqbl

ewanqbl What's a Dremel?

I think all postal games are meant to be graded that low. I mean, they mock the industry, the high expectations, the dumb stories and everything else related. They are fun in their own weird way, but nonetheless, you have to be able to really see the irony of it all.

6. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

I have a secret and hard to justify soft spot for Postal 2. I hoped Postal 3 would be of similar quality. Asking for it to be better quality was probably a bit of a big ask all things considered but I did hope it would be better than it is based on this review.

It's a shame but as Jack_Pepsi said: "I wasn't expecting much" but I was expecting a bit more than what we got.

A shame. I'll have to get my cat silenced, diseased cows headed, petrol bombing, tazer educed urination based amusement from elsewhere. <- I should add this line to my CV :D

7. mute1

mute1 What's a Dremel?

Couple of typos: 'sub-part' should be 'sub-par' and 'alternate paths' should be 'alternative paths'

Is this the lowest-scoring game ever on this site? Fitting if so.

8. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Under Bugs it says "See: COMEDY". Didn't find it, but perhaps that was the joke. :)

As for lack of multiplayer you obviously seem to forget the "Share the Pain" addon for Postal 2.

With all that being said, and admitting I liked playing P2, it continues to amaze me how RWS stay in business. I mean, all they've ever done, to my knowledge, is the Postal series. And with that series being as niche as is possible, how come they've got the money to develop games for?

9. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Meh! I had never heard of the postal series before this, lol.

10. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

I remember being a kid, we heard a lot about the Postal games (from other kids in the school playground). At a friend's place, he managed to get a (pirated) copy, we loaded it up...and it sucked. Even to our immature minds, it looked stupid, the gameplay was terrible, and nothing about it was interesting or funny in any way.

11. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

Wow! 10% rating! I think that's the lowest scoring game I have ever seen, lol

12. Centy-face

Centy-face Caw?

Apparently it's so good Steam won't even list it on the store never mind sell it.

13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

10% Is spot on in fact no, Joe you are way too generous giving 10 for this garbage (nicest word I can pick for it) :hehe: I give it no number I give it the crappest game ever prize :thumb: why not have such a thing for games as bad as this :idea: even worse than a farming simulator game :D.

This game is the most broken messed up garbage you could waste your money on in game world & makes duke nukem look & feel absolutely awesome in comparison so give it a miss & you won't be disappointed, I messed around with the first 4 or 5 levels after fixing it myself to stop it crashing every couple of seconds & when fixed it was fantastically boring & broken with game wrecking bugs, the only reason I played it for as long as I did was to get something out of the money I burnt on it :) done that now but wow, it's 1 of those regrettable game purchases, what was I thinking buying this **** Postal 2 had something that made a really bad game good, but this is all bad, bad bad baaaaaaaaad garbage anyone interested in this garbage you have been warned :), not only that but you get a very frequent loading screen picture of uwe boll flipping you off so you know you burnt some good money :lol::wallbash:.

Most regrettable game purchase ever.

On a lighter note I bought a nice bunch of awesome games for the same price of this bleep in the steam sale :D.

yassarikhan786 likes this.
  14. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Minimodder

DRM? Mentioned in the first paragraph but not expanded on.

The question I ask myself is Why?
    If its as bad as you say, then surely pirating it, then playing afterwards is punishment enough?

15. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

I skipped straight to the score and then lol.

16. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

Right, i'm getting mixed messages here. Is it a bad game? :p

17. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

still going to buy it, I remember Postal 2 getting absolutely destroyed by reviewers as well and I still love that.
    Cant beat smacking a man's head off with a spade, pissing on it and then kicking it down the road, so wrong but so much fun.

18. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:hehe::D

19. Joey Propane

Joey Propane What's a Dremel?

I completely mis-read the thread title and thought it said "Portal 3", was even more confused when I saw the first few replies. :S

20. kzinti1

kzinti1 What's a Dremel?

Well, well, well...It does appear that you people realize exactly how much 3rd Person Shooters actually suck.
    Now, would you, for God's sake, PLEASE state up front of every single game that you review, which perspective a game uses?
    I could've saved a large amount of time and money by not reading reviews about games that turn out to be 3rd Person, saved disk space and not wasted my money on things like this.
    "Batman:Arkham City", whole-heartedly included. Even though that particular POS came free with a videocard.
    I hope you dream about "Postal 3" for months on end, and realize the Hell you've put me through, personally, by not mentioning the perspective in which every single game you review, is played.
    BTW, why did you score this thing a 10? Just because the dvd or whatever fit in your drive? There are numbers lower than 10, you know?

Tags: Add Tags