1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming War Of The Roses preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 23 Jan 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Panos

Panos Minimodder

Any idea about the number of people on each side to fight?
    Because this type of game isn't made for 8-16-32 per side skirmish. But full blown battle with much more.

3. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

I think you will find the War of the Roses was in the 15th century. A little bit late to do a preview, don't you think?

David likes this.
  4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

This could potentially be awesome!
    Love the Mount and Blade series, never really got into the third once they added guns, good to see this won't be doing the same.

5. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

+1 This does look like my dream game! I've been waiting years for something like this, Dark Messiah came pretty close imo, I never thought the MP was as fun as the SP, and I'd love something similar but without magic.

Joe,

Any idea if you can switch between first and third person?

Thanks for the preview.

6. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

This does look awesome!

7. SoulRider

SoulRider What's a Dremel?

@Panos

8. Niftyrat

Niftyrat Dremel overpriced like EA games

I like the concept, let's see a beta and go from there.

9. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Sounds great in concept, and I'd really like to give this a try. PC only is a plus too.

10. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

haha excellent, I can finally live out all my fantasies of decapitating Yorkshiremen

11. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I'm interested to see how well the combat plays out when there's a ton of players running around, sure it sounds good and deep when it's a one on one fight but with a full 64 player game I could see lots of issues. Is there team-damage? I also wonder about the hit detection, the article mentions that fighting with a big weapon in a small enclosed area could be a bad plan, how so? Do walls prevent heavy weapons from completing their swing similar to how swinging a sword in Dark Souls causes your swing to stop halfway through? If this is the case then do teammates also stop the flow of your weapons, what's the difference between swinging a large weapon in a castle hallway or a large weapon in a field but your surrounded on 3 sides by team members and have the enemy to your front, limited to only thrust attacks?

Hopefully more media about the game will answer some of these questions.

12. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

Well Mount and Blade Warband can be great fun on a 200+ player server. So this is a game with a good pedigree.

13. krazyxazn

krazyxazn What's a Dremel?

Someone mod this for A Song of Ice and Fire universe :D

14. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

I do wonder if there will be the Mount and Blade style mooching around, or if this is just going to be a deathmatch game. I mean don't get me wrong, the battles in Mount and Blade are superb, one of the best things in gaming, but without the context and consequences they really aren't nearly as satisfying.

Regarding what Eiffie said about the weapons swings, yes you do block your friends in Mount and Blade so I'd expect the same here. If you're in close formation you have to thrust or chop over the top. In multiplayer it can often be a smart last ditch play to run amongst the enemy so they cut each other up while swinging clumsily. A good team working in close coordination can do fine without needing the broad slash attacks though, you just need to aim a little better.

Tags: Add Tags