1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Fan Error?!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pyro1son, 21 Jan 2012.

1. pyro1son

pyro1son Linux User!

yep and all of the above

2. Max Tractor

Max Tractor Minimodder

As via pm I asked if your ram was on the QVL, I still don't know what ram you are running.

Board history bought new Nov 2010, it has ran a X2 550 BE unlocked to tri, fx5200 unlocked to quad, various x6 125w/95w

The board did not like 2 NVIDIA cards but was fixed in the 1606 bios, it was picky with ram, that is why I asked what ram you are running, it had no problem with team xtreem lv 2000 9-9-9-24 1.65v or geil value plus 1600mhz, it had as few flip out with corsair xms3 but setting the timings manually solved this. As already this board was solid apart from the quirks I have mentioned, 2x 260gtx/2x6950 and other cards.

This is what I suggest

1.The fan error at boot can be turned off in the bios, but make sure you have your fan in the cpu header

2. As already List your components

3. Set the board on the bench clear cmos a full clear, because if you are using the corsair xms I would hazzard you have locked the board a full clear consists of the old dfi cmos clear unplug all power/battery out/(and more)leave for 10 mins

4. Minimal boot, 1 stick of ram/cpu/graphics and you said via pm that you were using onboard vga, I have never used that config, and as already blue slot is pci-e 1and the little black card needs to be in the white slot.

If you are unable to get the board going I will be happy to take it back with the caveat the board is not damaged via user error

cheers

Last edited: 22 Jan 2012
  3. pyro1son

pyro1son Linux User!

yeh the ram is xms3 (1333) but i cant get into bios to do anything about th timings.

4. Max Tractor

Max Tractor Minimodder

Can you update the thread please