1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Game Pc Help Build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mattrix, 26 Jan 2012.

1. Mattrix

Mattrix What's a Dremel?

hello, im new here, and i was wondering if you could help me with a dificult task i have, well i want to bild a game pc but i need some advices of what should i buy, like for start should i choose AMD or INTEL, wich motherboard, graphics cards, ssd drives, etc etc.

All that to put inside a Cooler Master Cosmos 2 casse. :dremel:

i have cheked in a site that belongs to a shop near me and i have liked some equipment, mi prob is that i dont know if the items i choose are good, compatible, and its not very expensive also.

i leave an ideia of the items i saw and leave you link to site also. www.digitec.ch

mi :idea: this kit

Processors: Intel Core i7 3930K BOX, 3.2GHz, LGA 2011, 6C/12T

CPU Cooling: Intel BXRTS2011LC, all-in-one Mini-Wakü CPU Cooler, LGA2011

Motherboards: Asus Sabertooth X79, LGA2011, SLI, CFX, USB 3, SATA-3

Memory: 2 x Kingston HyperX Grey, 2x4GB, DDR3-1600, CL9-9-9-27@1.65V

price of the kit 1000 suice francs

well the game pc im looking is to play BF3, COD MW3, etc etc you know that recent games.

i wil apreciate alot your help chosing the equipment.

M.Board ?
    Processor ?
    Grapic Cards 2x ?
    Memory ?
    SSD Drive ( size and the fastest ) ??
    Hard Drive (size and Fastest ) ??
    PSU ??
    Watercooling system ?

think i dint forget nothing but if i did feel free to add, just one thing more, please dont sugest the cheepest things on the market and the most expensives, but yes the medium/high

Tnkx in adv to all.

2. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

That build sounds OK so far. I don't actually recognize that cooler right away, so idk how good/bad it is. The SB-E chips get pretty hot, so you'll want a strong cooler for it (especially if you're going to overclock).

As for the rest of the stuff, see the recommendations in my guide.

3. reggie50

reggie50 Minimodder

I wouldn't bother with the Sandybridge-E chips. Just get a normal socket1155 I5/7. Have a look at the buyers guide on the homepage for a very good starting point.

What resolution do you plan to game at?

4. Mattrix

Mattrix What's a Dremel?

ty, great i will check it out.

that cooler is a liquid cooled cooler that comes with that kit, but i dont intend to use it because i will get a watercooling system.

5. Mattrix

Mattrix What's a Dremel?

well im kinda noob in this area right now, so i dont know the diference of sandybridge and soker1155.

well the resolution i think i would like to play it the most close to maximum to take the most out of the PC and the game.

i just intend to build a computer were i can play nice games with good qualitie and a good gameplay, you know, without that nasti graphic pauses, a fast running computer =D stable.

6. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

For a gaming build, the graphics card is the heart (CPU is the soul). If you want the highest of high end cards right now it'd be the 7970 with the 580 coming in close behind it. Nvidia is expected to reply to AMD's 7970 soon, so it might be worth waiting to see what the 680 will offer.

7. John Doe

John Doe User

In the majority of games, the extra cores of SB-E doesn't help. Plus, it costs way more while working hotter/sucking more power (worse IPC) which is why most people shoot for Sandy for gaming.

The 2500k is currently the chip with the best price/performance balance. So what you should do here is to cut down on CPU, and use the most of your budget towards graphics since that's what matters the most.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Nazata

Nazata What's a Dremel?

Essentially, the socket 1155's are a lot cheaper, though their performance is below Sandybridge-E (though not by an awful lot tbh). If you want a top range system where money is the least of your worries go with the Sandybridge-E. If not it'd probably be best to go for an i5 2500k or an i7 2600k (make sure you go for a 'k' series as they are capable of overclocking and have a much higher resale value).

Hope this helps and enjoy the new pc :)

Last edited: 29 Jan 2012
  9. Mattrix

Mattrix What's a Dremel?

ty guys for the advices.:rock::thumb::thumb::thumb::rock:

well im not rich =D but wen speeking of computers the money is realy the last of mi worries, because i dont buy all parts at once =D

i think i might go for this kit then

CPU Cooling: Intel BXRTS2011LC, all-in-one Mini-Wakü CPU Cooler, LGA2011
    Motherboards: Asus Sabertooth X79, LGA2011, SLI, CFX, USB 3, SATA-3
    Memory: 2 x Kingston HyperX Grey, 2x4GB, DDR3-1600, CL9-9-9-27@1.65V
    Processors: Intel Core i7 3930K C2 BOX, 3.2GHz, LGA 2011, 6C/12T

since it comes almost complete and its not very expensive, just to start with.

after that i think ill change the memory for the Vengeance ones, or maybe not because kingstom is a very good mark also, well dunno.

that kit sells for 999.00 ch (suisse franc )

if ill go buy it part by part it will cost

Description: Asus Sabertooth X79, LGA2011, SLI, CFX, USB 3, SATA-3
    Price: CHF 325.-

Description: Intel Core i7 3930K C2 BOX, 3.2GHz, LGA 2011, 6C/12T
    Price: CHF 599.-

Description: Kingston HyperX Grey, 2x4GB, DDR3-1600, CL9-9-9-27@1.65V
    Price: CHF 59.-

that makes a total of 983.- so thats not much of a diference cause im not gonna need that cooler cause im going for water cooling.

Dae314 maibe i will wait till that the 680 comes out because by the time i buy all the parts maybe shes out =D i will take like 4 or 5 months to get all parts, cause as i said =D not rich hehehehe

here in switzerland we have lots of tips were i work so i put them all in mi piggy bank =D and each month ill buy one part or maybe 2 that depends on the price but i get like 600.- extra each mont just from tips =D thats why ill take 4 to 5 monts =D

by the way can you guys tel me the diference betwen the corsair memorys cause i saw that they have a few diferent like red, black etc etc, wich ones would you recomend ??? or should o stay with kingstom cause they are not bad i think.

ho btw any sudgestion for SSD drive, i read that OCZ is good, and fast too, is it true, or there is any other one best or equivalent, and which size should i use.

sorry about the long post, and soeey about all this questions, but im realy a litle noob in this mather =D :thumb::thumb::thumb:

10. reggie50

reggie50 Minimodder

The Socket 1155 chips are still Sandybridge but the non -E versions, they will be slightly slower theoretically but for pretty much anything you wouldn't see the difference. They are also a lot cheaper as Nazata said. I hate to see people spending money inefficiently.

The resolution is the highest display setting that your monitor can manage, are you keeping your current monitor or getting a new one? The max resolution will be something like 1920x1080.

11. Mattrix

Mattrix What's a Dremel?

Ho no now im confused lol sorry but im realy a litle noob in this mather, well socket 1155 or LGA2011 are almost the same, with no BIG diference betwen them whiyhout being the price and some litle extra stuff on LGA2011, is that it?? omg but with one is better ?? i dont care about price just want the best =) well not the best of the best but the best. in this case if LGA2011 is a litle better then socket 1155 i think i prefer LGA2011, i dont know, realy confused o_O ???

reggie50 - Hum... no im not staying with a monitor cause i dont have one, im buying all parts including monitor, keyboard, mouse, (all that we need to work with a pc) i just have mi Hp laptop

i might choose this one

Description: Asus VS247H, 24" FULL HD TFT, 16:9, HDMI, schwarz
    Price: CHF 189.-
    Display size: 23.6"
    Panel Technology: TN, Anti Glare
    Resolution: FULL HD (1920 x 1080), 16:9
    Contrast: 50'000'000:1 dynamischer Kontrast
    Brightness: 300cd/m2
    Reaction time: 5ms
    Color display: 16.7Mio. Farben
    Perspective H/V: 170°/160°
    Connections: D-Sub, DVI-D mit HDCP, HDMI, 3.5mm Klinke out
    Features: VESA Mount (100x100mm), neigbar (5°/20°), Kensington Lock
    Norm: Energy Star, ISO 13406 Fehlerklasse II
    Color: Schwarz
    Dimensions: 56.1 x 41.1 x 20cm
    Weight: 4.4kg

or maybe this one

Description: Samsung SyncMaster 2443BW, 24" TFT, DVI-D, schwarz
    Price: CHF 255.-
    Display size: 24", 16:10
    Panel Technology: TN
    Resolution: WUXGA (1920 x 1200)
    Contrast: dynamisch 50'000:1
    Brightness: 300cd/m2
    Reaction time: 5ms
    Color display: 16.7Mio. Farben
    Perspective H/V: 170°/160°
    Connections: DVI-D (mit HDCP Unterstützung), D-Sub
    Features: höhenverstellbar 100mm, neigbar, drehbar, PIVOT, VESA Mount 100 x 100mm, Netzteil intern
    Norm: TCO03, ISO 13406-2 (Class II)
    Color: schwarz
    Dimensions: 55.6 x 43.2 x 25.0cm
    Weight: 7.7kg

TY all guys for your advices =)