1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware SteelSeries Kinzu V2 Pro Edition Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 30 Jan 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Sounds worse than the original Kinzu, which gets mighty reviews and praise almost universally. What a step backwards :(

3. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Razer Deathadder here, as simple as it gets without being stupid about it. High quality, high precision, good drivers.

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

no thumb button and still asks for 30 quid? whaaaat?

agree with Paul, all mouse should have at least a thumb button. it's like scroll wheel, it's not a bonus feature, it's a MUST! i mean, how else are people going to do Push-to-talk?

5. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

feely = freely

6. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

although i do like feely... :D

7. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

Replace the DPI button with a thumb button and we'd have a much better proposition...

8. KiNETiK

KiNETiK What's a Dremel?

+1. I really like the Deathadder as well, in fact I am onto my second one after the left mouse button started to die from too much gaming.. I don't particularly like Razer's recent price hikes though on their products. Makes them seem a little expensive now.

9. lehtv

lehtv What's a Dremel?

Where's the list of features, size measurements and such? 3/10 for the review

10. dBass

dBass What's a Dremel?

Agreed, you can get mice for <£10 that have thumb buttons so there's no excuse not to have them.

11. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

I certainly had to the read that sentence twice. :lol:

12. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I guess I must be one of those weird gamers who doesn't like tons of buttons on the mouse I'm using. I enjoy left click, right click and clicking the mouse wheel, that's it. I picked up a $40 razer Krait which I don't think is made anymore and have been using it for the past two years or so. Works great without drivers but the quality leaves a lot to be desired. The black rubber-ish coating is wearing off on my fingers after long sessions. Honestly this mouse looks like a instant buy for me since it's simple and has good build quality. Not crazy about mice that come with tons of driver options either but I'm sure I could just plug and play this guy and it would be fine for my style.

13. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

No forward/back button = 100% fail

Even just for internet browsing I wouldn't want a mouse without forward/back

14. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Yep.
    Its even worse if you use those buttons on FPSs.

15. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Exactly, I use the forward for my sidearm and back for my primary weapon. I'd like even more buttons and the next mouse I buy will have at least 3 side buttons so that I can deploy med kit/M320/RPG/....... with the 3rd or 4th button.

16. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Calling high end mice willy waving is a bit weird for a tech site reviewer. I've got an 8 button mouse (g500), and all 8 of those are assigned to do stuff when I play an MMO. Especially when you play as a healer, you need to be able to do stuff quickly. If I had more than 8 buttons, I would use them. Currently they do this:

1) Quick heal
    2) Big heal
    3) Heal over time
    4) Group heal
    5) My Oh **** button (engages harm shield)
    6) Alt Tab (I play two accounts at the same time so it's great for that)
    7) Macro 1 (does some basic attacks which always need to be done at the start start of each fight)
    8) Macro 2 (does some further attacks which usually needs to be done on big fights)

If I had more, I could probably find a use for them. I also wouldn't mind having a wireless version of a mouse like this too, but I have issues with wifi interference so I'm still using wired for now. I use most of these buttons even when I'm browsing too. Two for back and forward, and two for scrolling up and down a page (saves me from going ape with the little wheel all the time).

17. Lsane

Lsane What's a Dremel?

It looks like a £4.99 mouse. The ones I avoid like the plague from Tesco's.
    It's missing a thumb button(s).

For those two reasons. - I'm out.

18. eVoPhantom

eVoPhantom What's a Dremel?

Been looking at a new mouse for a while now and looked at the deathadder, Corsair m60 and the Kone(+). Still not quite decided which one I want to get, I have read so many things about the build quality of the Kone not being up to it and a lot of people with the deathadder going through more than one unit quickly.

I expect my mouse to last for years....my previous mouse lasted 8 years + (inteli mouse Cheesecake tbh etc). Although I don't quite expect that level of reliabilty I would hope it would last at least 3 years. My Habu has lasted around 3 years and he still working, but it does double click sometimes which is very annoying.

Anyway on topic, the Kinzu does not interest me at all it is too basic. Will suit some I guess but the people who want such a basic mouse will be probably be looking at ones priced at the lower end.

19. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

"willy waving" LMAO :-D

I concur with the consensus; lack of thumb buttons is just silly for an 'enthusiast' mouse and the Deathadder is still a better option (which is what I'll be sticking with).

20. leslie

leslie Just me!

Agreed, those buttons are pretty universal at this point. Drives me nuts using mice without them.

Sadly, I still get customers with mice with no scroll wheel, some aren't even optical. :eyebrow: I carry a notebook size wireless mouse with me for just such occasions.

Tags: Add Tags