1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunbeam Rheobus

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Jamie, 9 Apr 2003.

1. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

[​IMG]

Any questions?

2. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

so basically its the normal version, with 3 pin plugs instead of screw terminals, some fancy blue writing and double the price! :eeek:

I got mine from ebuyer for £17 and it looks identical except what is stated above. It even comes in the same box.

edit- photographic evidence:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 9 Apr 2003
  3. skywalker107

skywalker107 What's a Dremel?

Both versions are sweet. For the quick modders the reviewed one is nice. For the True Custom Modders the blank one would be a good clean slate to start with. I Like the standard Pin headers on the reviewed version better than the screw terminals on the similiar one.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yep - and without the crap over the front. :blah: I prefer the one from ebuyer - works exactly the same and i prefer the screw in terminals cause u dont have to buy 3 pin female connectors and its only £17! Mines black too :p :D Tis a quality Rheobus though - the red to blue thing is really nice and the oversized heatsinks dont get hot at all.

5. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

did the ones from ebuyer come with the sunbeam cathode adaptor wire too?

cheers

Hazza

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

wots that?

Dont think so - they are more "OEM" i think.

7. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

k, thx 4 ur help

8. Nigel

Nigel What's a Dremel?

To revive this one somewhat....

I bought my Sunbeam Rheo from ebuyer.co.uk too and it is the printed Sunbeam version but without the actual Sunbeam name on it. The fan connectors are three-pin socket and plug! £19 I think it was.

So the same as the reviewed item really. No cathod wire though.

I must admit I really like the gadget. I've also got an Eksitdata 3 1/2" 'bus and the Mitron Super Panel, but for the fans this rheo is by far the best - probably because each fan can be properly switched off, not just turned down low like the others. The click off is really useful for other projects too I'm sure.

Build quality is fine but the front bezel seems a fraction off-centre - fits fine on the left side but there's a 1mm gap at the right.

9. SJP

SJP What's a Dremel?

I got an ebuyer version a few months ago too (plain front, screw terminals) and love it to bits.

The screw terminals really fit my method of wiring too (earth-loop to fans, with just the positives connected to the 'bus, this reduces the wiring by almost half).

The only "problem" I've come across is that one of my 120mm fans seems to be very sensitive - the LED changes colour at around 3 o'clock. The others (another 120, and two pairs of 80's) switch at around 12 o'clock.

Tags: Add Tags