1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory computer "stutters" when it install more ram

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by urples, 3 Feb 2012.

1. urples

urples What's a Dremel?

Hello,

i currently have 4 gbs of ram and i'm trying to install 4gb more of the same type of ram. i went on the intel website to see if the motherboard i'm running can support 8 gbs and it says it does. is there something i have to do when install a total of 8 gbs? or is it just plug and play?

i hope i included all the information that is needed to help solve this. if i'm missing something, i'll post it.

thanks in advance

[​IMG]

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Looks like that's a fairly old PC.. what OS you running? I hope it's a 64bit OS or you'll not be seeing all of that 8GB.

3. Crossing

Crossing What's a Dremel?

Do you have a 64 bit installation of windows? 32 bit can only handle 4 GB, more may cause issues.

Edit: Ninja'd

4. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

looks like a fairly basic Intel motherboard yes? Do you have any ram voltage option in the bios? If you do might bump it up a couple ticks and see if it stable. A lot of those basic boards need it once you fill all the ram slots.

5. urples

urples What's a Dremel?

yah, i have 64 bit install. i think its the voltage too. i was going to mess with the bios today cuz i have free time today.