1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Had a good day in London today. Being a train fan, seen trains i've not seen before in the flesh, and went on the DLR, as well as visiting different parts of the city that i've not visited.

Sam

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

discovering that my autoart 1/18 Gran Turismo 4 Ford GT in carbon fibre print is now worth over $600 :D

[​IMG]

3. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Just got off the phone with a girl I haven't seen in 3 years. Last time I saw her, she broke up with me. Since then we've talked about things, but there has always been a connection. She broke up with her bf of 2 years today, and we were both out on nights out.. albeit 9 hours apart :p

Well, I sent her a text as soon as I found out, just to see how she was, as she had always seemed to be so happy. Few banterful texts later I tell her to go have a good night. Don't hear from her until 1pm, with a text saying "What the f*** do I do now?!".. So, I conclude to counseling session I'm having with my flat mate and get on the phone to her.

4 hours later, I feel like a ****ing God. I've been told I'm amazing, and that she wishes I was there to talk it all through. Friendzone? Nah, it's where I've always aimed to be with her. Fingers are crossed for a meet up over the Easter break, give her the old 'hug of awesome'. Shame it's another month away.

Oh, and I pulled an Italian/South African mixed (is that phrase allowed?) girl tonight... Damn she was fine.. Hopefully she'll text tomorrow.

4. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Multiple things.

Lack of homework. Upcoming party.

Oh, and 5 - 0.

Being a Spurs fan is awesome.

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

6. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Epic birthday weekend, went out to Kensington with some of my best mates from school days (I left back in '04) on Friday night - an expensive, but brilliant night. Yesterday I spent half the day recovering from my hangover and watched the footy with a mate in the pub before going to St Albans with the girlfriend to have a meal out and watch some theatre.

Expensive weekend, but it was all about me! (which makes a change). :)

7. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

By Tuesday I might have a job for the first time in a year, making a good bit over minimum wage, doing something at least sort of in my field

8. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Owner of the PC shop in town just outright ended a conversation when He asked what I needed Thermal Compound for. I mentioned the words Water Cooling and he just outright hit the brakes. As if I needed MX-2 to cool my Eggsbox! I could use Marmite and it'd still work.

9. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Finally found a girl who holds the same interests as me, and interests me at the same time.

Whilst not scaring me with her stalkingness...

Happy happy happy ^.^

10. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Had a great meeting today. Freelance is the way forward for me i thinks.

11. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Prerequisite knowledge for this post: I repair consoles, peripherals and generally stuff that's b0rked for a living.

- Bought four faulty Xbox 360 controllers off eBay last week. Two black, two Halo editions.

- Paid no more than £7 including delivery for any of them.

- Of the four, the two black ones were less than 6 months old and only lightly used.

- Of the two that were less than 6 months old, precisely two of them are in full working order.

- My facial expressions during this discovery generally went like this:

"Hmmz... some broken controllers to fix. Meh, that'll kill a few hours this week"
    [​IMG]

"Wait, wut? These two black ones are working fine?!"
    [​IMG]

"LOL, n00bs. Yew gots to change teh batteriez!"
    [​IMG]

"YAAAY!"
    [​IMG]

"Profit! Winning!"
    [​IMG]

True story :D

12. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

I think that qualifies to go into the demote section.

13. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Finding out our next child is a boy, So come June ill be the father of both a boy and a girl.

Mission accomplished!!

14. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Parents just replaced the 28ish inch tube tv from the living room with a 40" LED samsung just randomly the other day

Also this saturday im getting Sky+ HD after 3 years of no sky since we got rid of it

Multiroom aswell! so im getting a box in my room for the low low price of £15 a month (my share)

15. knuck

knuck Hate your face

A year ago today I almost died, but didn't. I guess that counts for something awesome, right ?

16. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Might want to stay away from any bridges today, just in case they're planning an anniversary attack. :thumb:

17. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Had the best 5 days in Bangkok, 4 of which I cant remember what I did and lost my voice for the most of the trip.

My hostel mates filled in the gaps of my memory. Had one of the best sundaynights ever, sipping cocktails on the Sky bar in Bangkok listining to a Jazz band.

Oh, and meeting a extra "friendly" German girl on my travels.

Well worth the crap ive been taken the last month or so.

18. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Every time I drive under that overpass I dare it to give it another shot and try to finish me off. I have yet to be challenged

19. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Getting married stealth style in a couple of weeks - no family, no ******** seating plans or menu compromises or any of the usual wedding malarkey that people get stressed out about. First our families will know about it is when we tell them after the fact :D:D

20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

You realize they'll be pissed, right ?