1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Geekbench scores

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bloody_Pete, 14 Dec 2011.

1. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I will rape you with Gordon Freemans' Crowbar.

2. mikeyman198

mikeyman198 Lets pretend this is hilarious.

Im sorry I truly couldn't resist xD

3. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

Can you disable the thermal monitoring probe? That is probably a stupid point, which I'm sure you would have thought of by now, or maybe you can't do it, but just thought I'd say in case:thumb:

4. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Obviously.

It's a thermal trip of the same design as that which is used to stop VRMs from exploding. I couldn't disable it even if I wanted to. Not unless there's some ghetto way around it.

5. yougotkicked

yougotkicked A.K.A. YGKtech

well, with ghetto in mind;

1) take a large can of "compressed air"
    2) place the long tube nozzle in said can
    3) wrap can in 2-3 layers of cloth/foam/something insulating
    4) invert can
    5) point firmly at base of northbridge heatsink
    6) spray like you've never sprayed before
    7) profit.

Your cooling loop is obviously no joke, IIRC you were even chilling the coolant (btw, how are your blocks ordered? or are you using hose splitters?). But it really is time for some extreme measures. I wold even consider pulling the rig out of the case, mounting atop a cardboard box w/ holes around the CPU, NB, and SB; then aiming some fans at the back of the board.

</braver-than-I>

I don't recall the exact settings I used and I doubt i bothered to save a OC profile; this thing couldn't keep stable in BIOS with some of my configurations above the 5.0 mark. I know CPU-Z reported V-core's as high as 1.504v which is a lot considering my cooler only has 3 heatpipes and isn't direct-contact. I've been using AS Ceramiqe I've had for a year or two, but i just bought some proper shin-etsu goop I'll apply before my next big run (I plan to kick my cooling into overdrive for this next one, just have to work out a good way to mount additional fans on my TT-120)

I'm gonna try finding my CPU's max BCLK freq. and then see how high my RAM can go, I'll leave the proper benching until I can work out my cooling apparatus, I'm thinking I may build a benching platform with a largish cardboard box I have and a mobo tray I already cut the back out of. haul it outside and drop the ambient to about -10*c if i'm lucky (stupidly mild winter this year, It should be -30*c right now) should be fun if i can get the time to build it.

6. UltraNEO*

UltraNEO* What's a Dremel?

7. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Something not right there. You have the same board and chip as me, and your performance scores are quite low. Your overall score is low too. At the same clock speed as you, which I use as my 24/7 OC, I'm around 19700.

The only difference is you are using V2.26 of geekbench. I hope they've not changed anything, or We'll have to reset the leaderboards!

8. UltraNEO*

I blame the ram causing a minor bottle neck... or the fact i'm using the 32bit version?

9. Pookeyhead

Not that much. When I built this rig at first, I had 1600 RAM in it like you, and still got 19500 @ 4.7. That was with a lesser Asus P9X79 Pro too.

[​IMG]

I'm wondering if the new geekbench has changed.

[edit]

Nope! Just installed latest version and got this.

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/562135

So as you can see.. upgrading from 1600 to 2133 RAM only gives a couple of hundred points at best.

Both those are the 32bit version. We have separate boards for the 64bit version.

How are your temps? Have you got any thermal limiting enabled in BIOS?

BTW.. if you want this on the leaderboards, I'll need to know your cooling anyway.

[edit]

Simon posted up some BIOS screenshots in this post..

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=2959614&postcount=1485

May be worth seeing how you have BIOS set up. Mine's pretty similar to that.

Last edited: 16 Feb 2012
  10. UltraNEO*

I've just re-rant he application without restarting, now it's telling me this:

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/562151

What sort of cooling you have your CPU under? I'm still using my test cooler borrowed from my x58 (H80). Perhaps it's not keeping the system cool enough? Gonna be upgrading the cooling soon, just assembling a list of parts :)

11. Pookeyhead

H100 here. The H80 will be struggling, but will be enough to run geekbench. Have you actually looked at your temps while benching though? If anything is hitting 89 or higher, it could be throttling.

Also.. if your VRMs overheat it will knock back the dividers instantly. The thing with watercooling is, you may not have enough air blowing over the board.

Set the H80 to pull cold air IN, rather than exhausting it out. That helps.

To test... take your side panel off, and point a fan at your mobo.. or if the rig is near a window.. open it up and get the room freezing cold.

12. UltraNEO*

While it's benching, temps are hovering around the low to mid 70's according to AIDA. As for the cooling, wouldn't inverting the fans that cause an issue the airflow of the RV02??

Ah... Just managed this after I killed some background tasks.

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/562157

13. Pookeyhead

David likes this.
  14. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I've been running 2.2.3 all this time, and not realised they brought out a newer version...

Downloading now 2.2.6 now.

15. UltraNEO*

16. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

17. UltraNEO*

Awesome... That'll give me something to look forward too, once I got the custom liquid cooling gear installed!!

What sorta scores you get when benched with LN2?

18. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I don't know, as I have never used LN2 before. Those score's are from my custom waterloop with my 1080 Radiator. :)

19. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

Simon did the geekbench update make any difference?

20. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I don't think it did. Maybe talking about ~100 points. :)