1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Watercooled Corsair 600T - My first dive in at the deep end!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Appleby, 22 Jan 2012.

1. Snowcrash

Snowcrash What's a Dremel?

Damn, that's a nice backplate :D did you make it or is it just a pic you've picked up off the net?

2. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

Used my laser cutter and sprayed the back with blue metal flake paint. Without derailing too much you can check my worklog :)

3. Snowcrash

Snowcrash What's a Dremel?

Freakin awesome, man :rock: could be the late hour or I'm just being dumb but couldn't find the worklog that features this beauty. could you point me in the right way?

4. Furball Zen

In my sig, sorry :)

5. Appleby

Appleby What's a Dremel?

That back plate is sweet. I wish I had access to a laser cutter, I could have so much fun! Although I would go with an EK one to match the block for mine!

I think I would like to change the top on my pump to match the rest of the system but as it stands it is doing its job and I want to play some games! I'm hoping this week I can get the rest of the wiring finished and tidied up, a fresh install of windows and then start chasing some overclocking!

6. Furball Zen

Take a Sharpie to it ;)

7. Appleby

Appleby What's a Dremel?

lol at sharpie. I'm sure I would make a right mess of it doing that!

Anyway here are some pictures. This is how it shall stay for the foreseeable future. I would like to make a few changes here and there but as you can see. When it is in place I can't see it anyway!

Front of chassis

[​IMG]

Inside

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few details

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Keyboard and Mouse

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And where she lives!

[​IMG]

I've stopped here as its in a state that I'm very happy with. Plus I'm just about to embark on building a dream PC. Unfortunately it is not my place to show it but I will see about getting some pictures of the finished machine for you guys. I'm going to be very busy but it's gonna be epic!

:clap:

8. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Nice work man, do you still use the fan controller? Isn't it funny when the machine starts, those sound cards make a right racket!

9. Appleby

Appleby What's a Dremel?

Thanks! :) I didn't really find the fan controller satisfactory so I have and Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 LT bolted behind the 5.25" drive bays. I can't say I've noticed much noise coming from the card on start up but then again my fans are set to spin up for a couple of seconds. Otherwise the sound from it is awesome! The orange light doesn't fit with my scheme though!

10. peteski

peteski long live the pc

nice clean build mate well done :rock: :rock: :rock:

11. canada2005

canada2005 What's a Dremel?

Hello great build. I am building mine this weekend and have almost the exact same parts.
    Quick question, what size screw are you using from the spector fan to the phoyba rad? The screw supplied are too long and I have no idea why they choose such a weird size for the mounting screw.

12. Appleby

Appleby What's a Dremel?

Sorry I cant really remember I think they were just some laying around! Good luck though!

I have a few updates to add. I was having a conversation with someone at work and they offered me a couple of goodies! I love free stuff! So without much further ado! I present to you!

Asus P9X79 Pro
    Intel i7-3960x

A little comparison between the old board and the new. Socket 2011 is huge in comparison!

[​IMG]

Next up I like to buy things to last so I may as well go all out! Remember with great power supplies, comes great responsibility (to get more crazy hardware!)

[​IMG]

In place

[​IMG]

Board in

[​IMG]

Everything back in as it was. Hardly had to adjust the tubing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All done!

Less than an hour later I was reinstalling windows and I'm posting from it now!

I'm going to give the system a little time to settle before I start overclocking.

I need to braid all the cables of this power supply but it will have to wait a little longer as I need the system up and running!

I'm really hankering after a second GTX580 for some SLI goodness. So if I sell my old mobo and CPU . . .;)

13. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Niiiiiiice - why don't I got colleagues like that? :)

14. Selfmindles

Selfmindles What's a Dremel?

Your telling me u got that board and cpu for free???:jawdrop:

15. Selfmindles

Selfmindles What's a Dremel?

Soo whats up with the old hardware?? i call dibs :)

16. Appleby

Appleby What's a Dremel?

I'm very lucky. I work for a tech company we get sent some pretty nice stuff to play with. It beats it being stuck in the back of cupboard and going obsolete!

My old hardware has found a good home! Its on its way to another member of the PC community already!