1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Slim custom-case. Returning to work.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by philosopher, 18 Feb 2012.

1. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Agreed, great stuff!

2. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

nice skills. I'm kinda curious what this component removing brings you...

3. philosopher

philosopher I use a Dremel to clean the teeth

pp.amorim, housing will be pressed against the walls as to the components inside. But you guessed it, the material body is not metal. But carbon is not (it is expensive and does not fit into the concept of this project).
    One more important point. Sharp edge are difficult to produce using carbon fiber or fiberglass. Therefore, the case is expected to form a smooth and streamlined.
    pp.amorim, корпус будет максимально прижат стенками к компонентам внутри. Но ты угадал, материал корпуса будет не металл. Но и не карбон (он дорогой и не вписывается в концепцию этого проекта). Еще один важный момент. Острые грани довольно сложно изготовить при помощи карбона или стекловолокна. Поэтому форма корпуса ожидается более гладкой и обтекаемой.

The extra slot on the MB will only delay the passing air flow, precipitating the dust on themselves. Why would they leave if I do not use them?
    Лишние гнезда на МП только будут задерживать проходящие потоки воздуха, осаждая на себе пыль. Зачем их оставлять, если я точно не воспользуюсь ими?

4. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

[OT]наконец то по-русски... приходилось некоторые фразы обратно гуглом переводить :)[/OT]
    nice project BTW

5. philosopher

Pre-fitting parts.
    Преварительная примерка.
    [​IMG]
    Using a standard riser card. I hope to meet in a 60mm thickness of the body.
    Использую стандартную райзер-карту. Надеюсь уложиться в 60мм толщины корпуса.
    [​IMG]
    At the moment, the whole assembly - just 50mm thick.
    В данный момент вся сборка - ровно 50мм в толщину.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very little space under an external radiator video card. The standard motherboard power plug will not fit there. The same problems with access to all SATA connectors. This problem is now in the process of decision.
    Очень мало места под выносным радиатором видеокарты. Стандартный штекер питания МП на место уже не влезет. То же и на счет САТА гнезд. Эти проблемы как раз сейчас решаю.

NoobNeb likes this.
  6. NoobNeb

NoobNeb Enthusiastic Lurker

+rep for amazing work

7. Fredo428

Fredo428 What's a Dremel?

Good job !

8. pp.amorim

pp.amorim I'm satisfied with my E5300

But if you use an external power supply, take up less space inside the case, but would be aesthetically ugly one out of the box office.

9. philosopher

The power supply is internal, as well as an optical drive, despite the fact that now they have very few people use it.
    Источник питания будет внутренним, как и оптический привод, несмотря на то, что сейчас им уже мало кто пользуется.

The first solution that came to mind regarding the placement of the motherboard power connector was a take-out jack on the cables to the MB. And an extension cord was made.
    Первым решением, которое пришло в голову относительно размещения штекера питания МП был вынос гнезда с платы на проводах. И такой удлиннитель был изготовлен.
    [​IMG]
    This example is an extension cord in place. The idea was unsuccessful. I decided to leave slot to attempt removal of the wires in favor of reducing the height profile of the plug. The decision came down to cutting the top of the plug and output wires through the cuts in one direction.
    Примерил этот удлинитель на месте. Идея показалась неудачной. Решил оставить попытки выноса гнезда на проводах, в пользу уменьшения высоты профиля штекера. Решение свелось к обрезанию верхнего края штекера и выводу проводов через пропилы в одну сторону.
    [​IMG]
    In this direction, decided to move.
    В этом направлении и решил двигаться.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    On the side arrangement of the wires was very uncomfortable to pull the plug from the socket. But often do not plan to.
    С боковым расположением проводов стало очень неудобно вытаскивать штекер из гнезда. Но часто это делать и не планируется.
    Profile of the plug is reduced from 11 mm to 7.5 mm. Guaranteed 2mm gap will not overheat the wires from the remote radiator motherboard.
    Профиль штекера уменьшен с 11мм до 7,5мм. Гарантированный зазор 2мм не даст перегреваться проводам от выносного радиатора материнской платы.
    [​IMG]
    Offset the slot, made earlier, has been used too. While the power supply wires will not be trimmed to size, the test will be done through a temporary extension cord.
    Выносное гнездо, изготовленное ранее тоже нашло применение. Пока провода блока питания не будут подрезаны в размер, тестовое включение будет осуществляться через вот такой временный удлиннитель.
    [​IMG]
    The SATA jacks would be next.
    Следующими будут САТА.

10. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thats an amazing idea and execution bro!!! I might steal your idea one day!! ;) Mod on man!

11. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Oh I'll have to copy that angle method for the 24 pin, brilliant stuff, this is an incredibly good super low profile mod, can't wait to see what you do about the sata sockets after you managing the 24 pin so awesome, wow. :D:jawdrop::clap:

You have a touch of infinite awesomeness. :hehe:

12. philosopher

I do not mind guys, just a copy, please. :lol:

Waynio likes this.
  13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Whenever I do that though it's because it was a very neat idea, you have done something I was having difficulty doing & what you done just didn't come to mind & I always give credit whenever I use someone elses tricks, I always remember modders I learn a thing or 2 from. :)

Craig toyo racer did something like this but you have perfected making perfect angled wires to really keep them out of the way, great move. :)

Bit rude of me just saying I'm copying that :lol::hehe: sorry mate, when people glow of awesomeness like you are it rubs off on others. :D

Not sure but I think this might be the slimmest rig around. :)

14. KidMod-Southpaw

That is fantastic!
    SO SLIM!

15. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

16. philosopher

We just had an earthquake! :eeek: Magnitude 6.9 points at a depth of about 10km. Went to the bathroom and then swinging the towel. Leaned against the wall and felt it ... Do not be surprised if suddenly the news of the project will cease to act. :waah:

У нас только что было землетрясение! Магнитуда 6,9 балла на глубине примерно 10км. Зашел в ванную а там полотенце качается. Прислонился плечом к стене и почувствовал... Не удивляйтесь, если вдруг новости о проекте перестанут поступать.

17. peteski

peteski long live the pc

hope you are all right mate :rock: :rock: :rock:

18. KidMod-Southpaw

That's awful mate. :blah:
    Hope you're ok!

19. KidMod-Southpaw

Hello there.
    I'm a dual post, I have been created from a mix of an awful internet connection and upload speed provided by talktalk. This was then fertilised by the impatience of the poster.
    Have a nice day!

20. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

6.9 :eeek: been in a 4.0 or something like that & that scared the bleep out of me with never being in one before, weird as hell sat at the pc & then it's like someones grabbed your chair moving it all over.

Hope all is ok there.

edit, just checked news, it says no damage or casualties but rether that's true or not though, I dunno but hope it's true.

Last edited: 26 Feb 2012