1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New BF3 server - community funded.

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by Rogan, 15 Feb 2012.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

should work now :)

but did show the kill-rate checker works, which is good.

2. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Yeah that was fantastic, good to know it's there as a safeguard when admins aren't on.

3. Lassar

Lassar Lean Mean Fighting Machine !

Yippee !!! Can I have my Procon access back please?

4. nchhabs

Yeah, me too pl0x. <3

5. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

It could be my internet, but I'm playing in the server at 70fps and it feels sluggish/laggy. I only get 2 meg down or so.

6. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Seemed alright for me tonight. Were quite a few people on for the rounds that I was on too.

7. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Yeah I get it a bit. I do wonder if it's my crappy rural internet. It wouldn't' be the first game that sucked for me.

Moving house this month to a decent broadband area... sooo maybe it'll get better.

Last edited: 29 Feb 2012
  8. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

It's just critical mass. If the server has a good day of enjoyable games, then people add it to favourites, or check their history to play again. After a while the numbers should creep up.

You need to keep the server consistently enjoyable and free of douchebaggery.

Dunno about after hours.

9. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

Thats a shame about the bf3 bug. Does the map vote option allow for the same map to be played over and over?

10. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

there is a randomness value for the plugin, currently it's set to 5 IIRC. at 10, all maps have equal chance of appearing; at 1, only the ones that wasn't played recently have a chance of appearing in the vote.

so i guess the answer is no, even at 10, with only 4 voting options, chances of current map appearing on the list is 4/7 (where 7 is number of maps on the playlist).

have a bit of variety :) you could vote for Grand Bazaar, it's also mostly infantry. i am pretty sure your way of having Metro appear every 3 maps is possible with current voting setting though.

11. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

I tried seeding it this morning. Didn't work, and it was a gip how long the rounds were - it hurts your SPM, but in return get a worthless MVP. Would it be sensible to use 50% tickets when capacity is at <16?

And why is this obiwan544 stuck in the list of players on battlelog, would a restart clear that? It's annoying me.

12. nchhabs

Hehe yeah, seen his name stuck there as well. We got it up to 11 players this evening but couldn't seem to gain traction after that. Think if we can get 10 guys from the forums on we should get some randomers - also drop tags so randomers aren't intimidated.

13. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Server empty again :-(

14. thefriscokid

Its somewhat starting to fill up again.

15. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Yup! We had a 3/4 full server all last night after regulars pumped up the numbers early on. I think it helps that some people have removed CPC tags so it seems like there is not as many of us on.. :)

16. nchhabs

One thing that seems to be a mutual suggestion would be removing Tehran Highway from the rotation, and adding in Karkand maps. Would be awesome if Votick or Rogzy could set this up for us :)

17. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I no server good.

18. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

+1.. All of this. Tehran Ballsway omg! Gulf (or Golf as I've seen it on some servers) of Oman, Sharqi, Wake definitely.

19. thefriscokid

Yeah I came on shorty afterwards for a game on Kharg Island and left to do stuff. Kept checking on battlelog + irc and saw that it was filling up with a large amount of players.

+2 on removing Tehran Highway.

20. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I think we need to start on the server ourselves (minus our CPC tags) to get a small game going, then let people join up. There just isn't the initial amount of people, and no-one wants to join an empty server.

After a while, it will have enough people favouriting it, that it will have momentum on it's own.