1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Monitor whine driving me crazy! please help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by guysy1110, 5 Mar 2012.

1. guysy1110

guysy1110 What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I've got an Acer P193w monitor, i have 2 running dual display, the left one is fine, but the right monitor has an annoying high pitched whine from the moment the display turns on and lasts about 10 mins varying in pitch, the monitors being mounted on a stand i get my knuckle and if i flick the bottom of the screen it eventually goes away.

Now im trying to sort all the niggles i have with my set up so can anyone tell me if its likely to be the power supply board? or something to do with the colour tubes (or whatever they are called?)

If possibly i was going to buy a replacement power board if that's what the diagnosis sounds like and replace it myself.

Can anyone help ? thanks

2. jamesn

jamesn What's a Dremel?

dont know if you can replace the board, but i have had several screens whine at me like that. has always been their power supplies.

3. guysy1110

4. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Acer arent renowned for quality really, id flog them and get something else.

Unless your handy with electronics.

5. guysy1110

I dont mind paying under £30 for a board if that one seems ok, and swapping it over, im handy with electronics etc but if it really is a big job? i wouldnt bother.