1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Fluttershy - Almost Finished!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AK71, 10 Nov 2011.

1. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Positively wonderful so far! Though I don't know if I would have gone with the font you chose, as it just seems too gregarious for her character. Still, keep on doing whatever it is your doing, as it is clearly wonderful in every way.

2. AK71

AK71 What's a Dremel?

Thanks Malvolio! You mean the font with the little butterflies? That's why I chose it really, it looks a lot better in real life as a sort of contrast to all other more subtle designs throughout the case. As we see from Dragonshy and the latest episode Fluttershy can be very in your face too!

3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

This is how you get better & better & better at modding mate & you should be proud of how good your modding is, crazy theme to me :D but no crazier than most modding depending on peoples opinions :D but it's absolutely clear that this is really awesome modding & I'm very impressed like I were when I first seen this. :)

Very complete themed case mod. :rock::clap:

Stars & rep :)

4. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

I think I love you...

Wait can I love you? If I can't, can I love your case?

5. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Yes I do. Though it was rather serendipitous that you found a font with little butterfly's in it, I still maintain that it is a little bit too garish for such a demure and reserved pony. And you should know from this latest episode that assertiveness doesn't necessitate getting in somebodies face ;)

But it works for what it is. Though while typing this I did get bored and made this just to give you more of an idea of what I was thinking. By no means should you take this as anything more than just positive criticism though! :D

6. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Very nice! Everything just fits so well with the theme :D +rep

7. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Wow! That GPU shroud is awesome.:jawdrop:

8. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

Can you do a ben 10 mod next !!! amazing :)

9. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Very nice GPU shroud, yes - but how heavy is it? Isn't it putting extra weight on the GPU card?

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thought sheet styrene is light as a feather? or am I wrong on that, never used it before. :D

11. AK71

AK71 What's a Dremel?

@Waynio Thanks! I actually had no idea I would be going to this level of detail when I was planning... I admit though that I have got better at making all these little styrene things, I'm limited more by glue drying time than working out how to make it now :D

@Dae Well I have nobody to love me at the minute so feel free! And as many people as want to can love my case so the choice is yours.

@Malvolio Good job with that. I was actually going to do something similar but the transparent film I'm using only shows up black really over the yellow background. Hence I just used the font I did to just get some more butterflies in there.

@Sarakon Thanks! My next mod is going to be a hell of a lot simpler after the amount of work I've done on this one.

@Pranja Thanks! I'm very pleased with that shroud, it's the third one I built but definitely the best.

@Kelvinb Sorry, I have heard of Ben 10 but know nothing about it :(

@Nutman Thanks! it's great when established and well known modders like you and Waynio give me compliments. And the shroud weighs about as much as a couple of packets of cigarettes. I'm surprised more modders don't use sheet styrene... It's as strong as bent 5mm acrylic at less than half the weight, plus I didn't photograph the backside but it actually has other strips of different thicknesses shaped to fit around the vertical part of the stock cooler shroud. It basically fits like a key, so with strong double sided tape on the vertical side and small sticky foam pads to support and adjust the height at the edge near the slot, mounting is very easy too.

12. Nutman

You're right - and I completely forgot that piece was made out of styrene :D

13. Nutman

You hear that, Waynio? We're well known modders now. ;)

AK71: Thanks for the explanation. It's a very cool cover - I'll definitely look into styrene.
    And, speaking of styrene - did you ever check out Project Biohazard from Ron Lee Christianson?

Last edited: 6 Mar 2012
    Waynio likes this.
  14. AK71

AK71 What's a Dremel?

All the pieces I've fabricated are made from sheet styrene and I've only used a piece of aluminium mesh on the shroud, one piece of acrylic and some thin foam here and there for insulation and sealing.
    I've seen a couple of other projects using sheet styrene but it seems to be a very underused construction material considering what you can do with it. If you give it a go Nutman and need any help or advice just ask.

15. Nutman

Thanks - I'll keep you in mind!

16. Wing Zero

Wing Zero Ita-sha owner

Project: Fluttershy and Project: Wet Rarity. One day perhaps, these 2 mods shall meet each other. probably in the Spa for a photoshoot :D

17. TotalGaos

TotalGaos Stainless steel.. hmm..

Wow this is getting really really good man! I particularly love the GPU cover you did, very neat.

18. Martininho

Martininho What's a Dremel?

Really not my cup o'tea, but hell this is a detailed build. Really great work and do gotta say i love the combinations and artwork in there!

:rock:

19. AK71

AK71 What's a Dremel?

@TotalGaos Thanks! I'm really proud of that GPU shroud. I'm so glad I went to the trouble of making this particular one. I actually tried plain bent acrylic and an aluminium one but they were just too plain...

@Martininho Glad you like it. After the choice of theme it's nice to see how people judge my efforts rather than just the colour scheme etc. A hell of a lot more details to come, wait until you see my keyboard! Each key painted and with custom lettering. That bugger's gonna take me ages to finish lol

20. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

This is why I have recommended a nomination for MOTM mate, I rarely feel the need to nominate mods because they usually get picked up but this is easily as deserving as any case mod out there to be in MOTM & think it would be a loss if it didn't make it into a MOTM. :rock: