1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress [BUILD LOG] Project Ametros: Scratch Built Carbon Fiber Case + WC - Mar 11, 2012

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by motorsportcfd, 25 Jan 2012.

1. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

I've been watercooling since '05, so I've picked up a few things along the way. I saw that you weren't talking about using them in series, but using 2 pumps per loop. It is common knowledge in watercooling circles that the goal for flowrate is between 1.0-1.5gpm. Above that flowrate you see very marginal performance improvements, and believe it or not, it is possible to hurt performance if your pump heat dumps outweigh the increased flow performance. The performance increase in temps is plotted as a curve as flow increases, so there comes the point above 1.5gpm that your PQ curve starts to dramatically flatten out reflecting that as flow increases above 1.5gpm, the resulting decrease in temp lessens. With the loops you are mentioning, I see no reason to run dual pumps and seriously doubt that you would see any measurable temp decrease by running dual pumps over a single per loop. I'm not sure what CFD analysis you are doing, but you have to look at PQ curves for the given blocks and rads to see where you would be at. I would recommend taking a look around Xtremesystems watercooling forum for more information. There is also a pretty good flow estimator linked to there in the sticky (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?206542-Water-Cooling-Estimator-Spreadsheet) that is pretty much plug and play.

So does your new job have the kind of tooling setup your old one did ie CNC, etc.?

2. motorsportcfd

motorsportcfd What's a Dremel?

Major thanks to Aquatuning for the sponsorship! Check out their watercooling products for your build!

[​IMG]

3. Renovatio_Design

Renovatio_Design Loading...

Congrats on the sponsor mate, amazing work!!!:rock:

4. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Came for the carbon, stayed for the carbon - that stuff is awesome.

5. jaycrow85

jaycrow85 What's a Dremel?

I love your case mate i wish i had the time and skills to work with carbon fiber much respect from me

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

MOAR!!!!

7. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

EPIC THREAD REVIVAL!

I want more - where is more?

8. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

I was never down with carbon, I came here for the craftmanship! :)

I really hope this revival will kickstart it again! :)

9. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

Awesome build!!:clap:

10. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I know builds like this are expensive, but guys i think he's done a Langer on us...

11. felixw

felixw What's a Dremel?

Wish there is an update and this project is not abandoned....I also have a V7900 and want to see the outcome of the custom blocks....