1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Selling Old Rig and New CPUs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ikix, 18 Mar 2012.

1. ikix

ikix What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I'm looking to build a new rig and sell on my old one as a complete system to maximise the money I can get from selling it. Below is my current set up that I would be looking to sell but can't quite decide on how much is reasonable to sell it for, any advice?

CPU: Q6600 (OC'd to 3.0GHz)
    RAM: 4GB Corsair TWIN 2X 4096 DDR2
    GPU: 512Mb ATI HD 4870
    Mobo: ABit IX38 Quad GT
    HDD: 3 seperate 7200rpm HDDs, WD 640GB 6400AAKS/WD 320GB/Seagate 160GB
    PSU: Corsair Modular HX 620W
    Case: Antec P182
    Fans: 5x Noctua NF-P12 & Scythe Kama Bay Fan
    CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Ultra-120 eXtreme

For the new build I pretty much have 3 time windows in which I could buy stuff (crazy work schedule).
    1) Right now
    2) End April - Mid June
    3) In Mid September
    I haven't kept up with new components over about the past 4 years so have lost touch with what's on the horizon and what's good now, which time window would you guys suggest? I would be looking to buy everything except a GPU (have a GTX 270 available) with the emphasis on a speedy gaming rig.

Thanks,

iKiX

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I believe this is against the forum rules, once you have I think 75 posts and been a member for over a month or 3 months you gain access to the marketplace where you can do price checks and sell things.

Don't know pricing but go check out ebay listings to get a rough idea?

3. ikix

ikix What's a Dremel?

I'm not looking to sell it on these forums I was just wondering what a reasonable ball park figure is for such a system.