1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Lean and Green - 15-12-14 - as complete as it's going to get

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Waynio, 28 Jan 2012.

1. peteski

peteski long live the pc

dam them work men i need more pictures :D :rock: :rock: :rock:

2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I feel the same way about producing new ones :D can't let it reach 2 weeks before an update & if I did it would just easily sink into the abyss of unfinished projects, just can't let that happen. :nono::D

Forgot to mention with having a big chunk of a break from it but what kidmod said about the lime green being a good colour, I didn't think so at first but I dunno it has a good appeal to it & it works excellent with the brown tint acrylic but I'll have to work in another layer for it to be perfect with another colour, still a very long way off I know but just thought I'd mention it.

Last edited: 15 Mar 2012
  3. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I'm kinda waiting for the mod update, but... The pragmatic side of me really hopes the work on the house fixin gets the priority. Fix the space first and stand back for the mod(s) to come. Rushing and trying to work in less than good conditions is to cause problems, unless you are Cheapskate who can mod during a hurricane with no electricity. The mod will come.

john

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:hehe: That is real dedication, modding through a hurricane without electric, was a mill if I remember reading rightly wasn't it, turning it by hand, is this why cheaps is rumoured to be a bit crazy? :D I'd just call it he really wanted to continue no matter what so did, a hard core modder on a mission. :D:rock:

I have done human powered jigsaw before now though with a hacksaw blade (just the blade itself) when my jigsaw died a while ago & just couldn't wait for the replacement, worked quite well too, just more hassle & energy spent :lol: so know what it's like to mod without electric but if a hurricane was doing it's thing I'd be more concerned about surviving it with modding taking no priority, never experienced a hurricane, just little storms in teacups in comparison, there has been rare freak strong winds though but still nothing like the destruction they cause over the pond, scary, must be seriously scary seeing a big fat twister tearing things apart in sight not knowing if it will come your way.

I was doing ok with the mess not bothering me for the first month but it started making me pretty miserable so had to leave it until I could straighten it all out so I can mod on in a happy mood, this project is different to me, cutting straight up to the line you need your thoughts to be good, wheras using the jigsaw to get close & finishing with a file I could transform any negative energy into the filing which helped get a lot done so yeah this approach is quite different for me & finding you need to be super calm, focused & in a good mood, if I used negative energy on this I'd butcher it. :D

I'm going to make a start on putting aside all the random stuff from the room into organised piles to decide what to do with it all which will help get things back to normal quicker, will be excellent once things are in better order, less chance of me burning out again now with having enough blades to not need to ration them out, was pushing them way past their effective use. :D

5. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Cool on the Cheaps. One dedicated dude. Stuffz needed done and he made it happen. Gotta love him. Also got to worry about him! Same perseverance as you.

Now is your turn. Stand back and aside. Squint da eye. Put this here and that there and maybe and what-if?

Patience. You will have your space back and hopefully will be a bit more sanitary?

john

6. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

I can't believe I missed this :waah: I remembered seeing the designs and stuff, but then I forgot all about it. So for starters: subbed + starts + rep, the whole nine yards :D

This looks really amazing!! The real life job does look better than the renders and its all up my alley with the design (love the curves and abstractness :thumb:)

The dedication of all the cuts is just insane. I would not have the patience to cut all of that out of paper :D but that's just me :p

I shall keep an eye on the rest of this build...I can see it ending in pure awesome modding epicness :rock::dremel:

Waynio likes this.
  7. Shurika

Shurika Minimodder

Waynio, your previous project was awesome, but this one... I can`t find a word to describe my impression! great modding! I watched the build from the day you started it and I desire to see completed case.

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks John, your comment helped me stop stressing about getting an update up, patience is tough when just waiting :D different types of patience, some I'm good at some not so good at :lol: but managed to hold on just about & now the mod room is much more nicer to mod in, still a way to go on making it a sweet workshop but it's on the right track now & ready to get busy again. :)

Thanks for the awesome & thoughtful comment Sarakon, appreciated :D updates will start up soon as in tomorrow or the day after. :rock:

:D Thank you Shurika yeah I wanted something that really makes me say wow whenever I see it & think it will. :hehe:

The other room is done now & spent the night sorting the cellar so I can at least stand long sessions in there again.

Before :(
    [​IMG]

After :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can get on with the cutting now without feeling like I'm sat in a garbage dump, already feels a lot nicer in there so you can definitely expect regular updates to start rolling on again now but first I need a rest, just thought I'd update that it's waiting for me to spring back into action now instead of anything holding me back, think I'll continue doing all the time consuming stuff first as planned. :)

Still loads of hoarded useless junk that fills the shelves though & want to clear it all out ASAP & get some really cheap but decent kitchen worktops to go along 2 or maybe even 3 walls for all my main tools & have a nice dedicated assembly spot, then all I'll need is a load of chunky wooden beams to form them into tables :) already got a very nice piece of kitchen work top which I'll make my scroll saw table with as soon as I can with all the different blade types having their own holders because the silly long table I'm using is very prone to rattling & I'd much prefer a sturdy smaller table that I can bolt the saw to so it's nice & solid not a bit prone to rattling.

But really I think I can complete the project with the room as it is & will bring my other tools & the foldable workbench over later today & just use them on the floor for the time being, got the space now, woo hoooooo, can’t wait to really get stuck back into this. :D

I would get back to cutting right now but I am very knackered & really need a few zzzzzzzzzz lol. :D

9. peteski

peteski long live the pc

:clap::clap::D:D cant wait mate :rock: :rock: :rock:

10. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I love workshop cleanups! Now get using it! :D

11. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

mmmmmm shiny alu :D

12. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D Cheers peteski :)

That I did as soon as I had a nap. :D

:D It's a little rough with the cutting marks but they will smooth out nicely, still waiting for the sanding drums.

After sorting the room & as soon as I woke up I went at the 2nd detail panel & what an awesome idea it was to do mirrored panels of ones that take ages to do lol ugh anyway with having plenty of spare blades can change them when needed so it still takes many many hours to do but can do a lot more in a shorter time, I'd say 1 big session left to do on this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Progress rolling forward. :)

13. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

so many cuts! Looks great though, coming along nicely...

I found that about every other time I went to work on something, I'd end up doing more clean up than work :lol:

14. xSoMBrAx

xSoMBrAx Minimodder

Epic before and after workshop shots :thumb::D

I would like to ask what happens if you miss one of the little cuts (not something I want to happen just wondering... :D:eyebrow:)

Keep the updates coming! :)

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks Mosquito :) Craig toyo racer had a go at working how long of a distance the cut lines would stretch to all as 1 continuous cut & since then I've wanted to work it out so I'll update that once both are done when I show the 2 panels together as a fun statistic. :D

Thanks xSoMBrAx it's far better to work in there now. :)

If I butchered any part of it I guess I'd tweak the design to comply with the hiccup :D these panels aren't something I could write off without feeling crushed knowing how much effort they take. :lol:

And why oh why did I choose to do 2 of the same. :duh::hehe:

16. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Cause they look super AWESOME!! thats why:p

Anyway the garage is looking a lot better now and lets hope no hicups occur (don't even think about them)

17. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Ah true :D:rock: met a sweet checkpoint now. :dremel:

Holy moly I'm a happy chappy now this scroll saw endurance test is done. :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So that's 2 pieces which I expect is easily the most time consuming bits cut & ready for sanding, still got the htpc back, gaming rig front & back to do which is all 3mm alu also but these side panels are definitely the most time consuming panels.

Overkill mesh lol. :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D:rock::idea::D

And the sun shines with a sweet blue sky. :jawdrop::rock::D

18. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Seen some prolimatech aluminium blades on the fans & think they would be soooo badass on this :D but ouch £48 for 2 but man would they ever compliment the custom fan frames. :jawdrop::D Even at the price I am very tempted. :rock:

19. Shurika

Shurika Minimodder

АХРИНЕТЬ!!!:jawdrop: (don`t know how it`ll be in english, the mix of admiring, wordlessing and great impression)
    It`s sooooo cool, I can hardly imagine anything cooler...
    master-modding:rock:

20. Paslis

Paslis Minimodder

Congrats on the progress Waynio i love the panels.:D Keep the updates comming. :D