1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Helianthus - Unplanned Delay via Tractor Trailer-22May

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by voigts, 19 Feb 2012.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I'm thankful the trucker only owes you a new car & a clean pair. :jawdrop:

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Glad to see you're ok dude! Rest up and mend well.

3. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

OMG I am glad you are ok buddy that was a nasty accident. My best wishes to you my friend

4. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Sad to see this news, but happy that you are OK. Modding can certainly wait and it's looking good. :thumb:

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Rest up. Do all you modding on a sketchpad for a while. You have to take back and neck injury seriously.

6. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

7. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

I dont get it, theres nearly nothing wrong with the left side!

Glad youre ok too, your angels must have been working OT that night :)

8. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

A little too close. thanks Wayne. It is a good thing that I was the only one in the car since as you can see, the passenger side is pretty eaten up. If things had gone just a little bit differently, I wouldn't have walked away.

The trucking company for the truck that I struck is a large company, and they were right on top of the situation the same day to settle and take care of everything most certainly to avoid being sued.

Thanks.

I got the book value for the car, the days that I lost at work, rental car, and a bit for pain and suffering (not as much as I probably should have asked for) as well as all of the medical bills, so I'm content enough. As for the clean pair, well, we just did a load of whites.

I'm trying to. I am at work, but thankfully my supervisor is working with me and is letting me take things easy.

Thanks Alex. Hopefully I'll get over this before too long. I am finding out however that it is going to take longer than I originally expected.

I want to get out there and work on this so bad it is driving me nuts. I was making great progress. Oh well. Sure beats being stuck in some hospital or 6 feet under though. Can't get any modding done in those conditions to be sure.

I am finding that out. I've been going to the Chiropractor 3 times a week for therapy and adjustment, which is helping out tremendously, but just getting through the day is proving to be a chore still. It's all I can do to take it easy at work, get through the day, and get home.

I really went to drastic action modding this time, didn't I? I don't think however that my Dremel will do me much good here. Glad you like my work and I appreciate it.

I have no doubt that my Lord was watching out for me Tuesday morning. As I mentioned, had things gone just a bit differently, things would have been really ugly. Thankfully no one was in the middle lane, and thankfully the tractor trailer managed to get his tractor straight before he hit the concrete divider. He slid back across all three lanes to the right without hitting anyone and finally stopped jackknifed on the right shoulder.

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone. I appreciate it. :thumb:

9. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

You really should be thankful that WE drive on the proper side of the road. Doesn't look like our UK friends would have been so lucky! Heal now.

john

10. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Yep, what Cheapskate said! Hope you're feeling better soon.

11. AK71

AK71 What's a Dremel?

Ouch, glad to hear you're OK though. I had an accident years ago where I took out a fence, churned up a field and obliterated a dry stone wall so I know how bad a car wreck can be!

12. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Just discovered this build, I'm already hooked to find out how this will look, you're off to a great start :)

Glad to hear your ok after that crash, looks pretty bad to say the least.

13. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Left hand driving Cheesecake! :)

Glad you got out in one piece! :thumb:

Agreeing with the rest; Your health is the most important, modding is second! :)

14. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Glad you are okay, the spine sure doesn't like that kinda abuse. Here's to a full recovery :thumb:

The build is looking really good, nice glue-up. :)

15. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

You might start a war here John. I'm afraid it doesn't matter much where you are driving when a tractor trailer jackknifes in front of you.

Thanks. Little by little.

That sounds very ugly.

Thanks riekmaharg. Its just a bit frustrating when you are making good progress and get stopped in your tracks so to speak. I've got to go out of town for work for a few weeks in May, and I was hoping to have this done before then.

I'm the kind of person that doesn't like sitting still very much. Not type A, but I like to be busy. I really enjoy building and modding and find it quite therapeutic if that makes sense, but you do have to take care of yourself first to be sure. Hopefully a month or two and I'll get back at it.

My chiropractor says that it is a good thing that I was facing directly forward when I hit as I only injured the area directly around the spine and my upper back/neck. He says that a lot of people are twisted around or such when this kind of thing happens, and that can really screw up shoulders and such that don't take this kind of impact well.

I took half a day off Friday and Saturday as I just needed some time to chill. I basically shammed the half day I did work Saturday morning. My work is being very good at working with me here to say the least. My upper neck at the base of my head is just really sore. When I went to the Chiropractor Friday afternoon and he asked me what was hurting the most, I mentioned the base of my skull, and he took one feel and told me it was bad, and told me that I should go home afterward and just watch TV or something. I'm just thankful to be in one piece and not in a hospital or permanently damaged in some way. Keep up the modding guys. I'll be back soon.

16. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Time to catch-up on your drawing skills or whatever to keep the mind active while the body recoups. :D

Don't want a stir crazy modder on our hands. :lol:

17. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

Provided I can pry the desktop away from my wife and her Facebook, maybe I can play around a bit in Sketchup, or maybe I'll just veg a bit in Skyrim.

No joke about the stir crazy part. I'm sitting here wanting to build things, but it doesn't take very long once I get moving around for my neck to object.

18. Paslis

Paslis Minimodder

Man you must have one hell of a gaurdian angel.I hope you recover soon.I will keep on following this project.awesome wood skills mate. :D