1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics [Official] GTX 680 Owners Club

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AoE, 24 Mar 2012.

1. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

One sec trying to find my e-peen extension......

2. AoE

AoE What's a Dremel?

I dont know what epeen is lol? but this is only a thread where users can post their results etc , news etc about this card, many other forums have them and overall makes the section look tidy, as for a while all the 680 hype created alot of useful but also alot of useless threads.

Just me or did this card just come out of the blue? for sale that is

3. James'Mods

James'Mods Mad Man Modder

Nice results. I guess Nvidia has made some tweaking with their current drivers.

4. DIZZY DAZZLER 2010

DIZZY DAZZLER 2010 Tech nut!

This makes me laugh as i also have to hide things, the thing is this morning i was checking the contents of the evga gtx 680 box and the reciept fell out and my little boy went running off with it. Luckily the missus didnt look at it lol.

5. law99

law99 Custom User Title

You sir have the nail firmly in your fist there with a massive mallet of a hammer to smash it in with.

That's the main problem. I *could* afford one on the grounds that she never found out. I've already sold a load of stuff so it looks like I'm offsetting new stuff against old stuff and next on the list is a new sub for my av set up.

The biggest problem being that I share the rent with my gf proportionately. In other words, I pay more for everything because I earn more. Plus I pay for her to do courses and have to save up to go on holiday... ****ing holidays. Who needs them when you have stuff to buy.

Can't wait. I'll get it put on a plinth and engrave a lovely message on it.

It means :worried: Electronic Person Everyone Enjoys kNowing. Notice the silent k there. Some people mistakenly think the N is "Noticing" :nono: but trust me, I know my acronyms :naughty:

MrDomRocks likes this.
  6. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

With e-peen.. like the other type of peen... bigger is better :D. I'll wait for 4GB versions.

My 580s will be for sale the minute EVGA (or anyone else for that matter) brings out a 4GB version.

7. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Yes, I much enjoy knowing bigger people.

8. roosauce

roosauce Looking for xmas projects??

I see just about everyone opting for EVGA cards. Why is that exactly? I don't imaging their trade up scheme will be useful over the next 90 days. Is their warranty better?

9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

oh, so no thread when 580 was released and i got mine on release week.

i call shenanigans.

10. Pookeyhead

Some of their range have 10 year warranties, and they're also usually the first to market with uprated cards... more VRAM etc. Plus, they're just well respected.

roosauce likes this.
  11. roosauce

Thanks. They did well with their Precision tool too I see. Plenty of EVGA branded screenshots across the web this week I'd say.

12. roosauce

I'll probably have to by an EVGA card next then. Surely I can't epeen with a Palit card ...

13. feathers

feathers Minimodder

None of the EVGA 680 are being advertised with 10 years from what I can see. I go to OCUK and it says 3 years on every one.

Let's be sane here for a moment. No one needs a 10 year warranty. Is it an assurance of greater reliability? No. It's just something to encourage sales. My EVGA mobo died towards the end of it's 3rd year. It is the first time I have owned an EVGA board and it is the first time I had a mobo die on me ever.

Still, at least it was in warranty still for a few months and they replaced it.

Most parts come with 3 year warranty now from the various makers and that is sufficient.

14. Pookeyhead

It's usually the classified, Cheesecake and other uprated models that have the longer warranties. No, you don't need a 10 year warranty, but if you sell it does hep resale value, and it does give confidence in the product. I know it's not necessary.. you know too... most on here will. Still something reassuring about EVGA cards, and a quick look on Ebay seems to indicate they hold their prices favourably..

15. law99

law99 Custom User Title

The mobos that die on me have always been from factory assembled shop bought pcs. Touch wood, but no other board in my possession has died. Got 4 years at least on one asus board as a server right now.

But i can see why, when you buy a card like a 4gb gtx 680 for what is likely going to be £600+ you'd want some assurances that it is going to last a long time... Especially if i have a £40 mobo that is at least 4 years old that can run the card. That 600 better buy some quality product.

16. Pookeyhead

The classified version might be, but I reckon the F T W version will be cheaper.

17. feathers

feathers Minimodder

What are the EVGA GPU's like on overclocking? I may not be swayed by 10 year warranties but if they were strong on overclocking that would be a reason for purchase. MSI for GPU has proved disappointing in terms of overclocking, heat and noise (before I added waterblocks).

My EVGA Cheesecake 657 when I had it was a love/hate thing. Took a year to stabilise the OC properly and overall it was a mediocre overclocker. I know for a fact that when it was new 3 years ago some of the competitor boards from Asus and Giga were easier to overclock and more stable.

The good thing about EVGA was that u could post problems on the forum and they would take notice and make certain bios improvements. Overall though the motherboard was rather archaic. I liked the bios selector switch though. :)

18. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Afternoon.

Bumping thread with a great many unneeded photos! Sorry, all unedited, couldn't be bothered to Lightroom anything.

As received from Scan.co.uk on Friday - Excellent service as always.
    Image 1

Ahhh, that newly fabricated silicon smell...

Out with the old and in with the new

All installed - lots of power from such a small and quiet card

Will put up old 580 v 680 comparison benchmark SSs shortly.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Mar 2012
  19. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Hi Stockbroker...

Do you think you could upload bigger pics next time? These ones are a bit on the small side.

damien c likes this.
  20. Pookeyhead

7MB JPGs? LOL