1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Assassin's Creed 3 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 26 Mar 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Love seeing the screen-shots are all beautifully anti-aliased, not likely to see that on the 360/PS3 :p

3. Narishma

Narishma What's a Dremel?

You forgot to mention the WiiU in the platforms.

4. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

I think the term 'pad' in reference to a franchise like Assassin's Creed is redundant. The whole thing is padding. Why write an ending when you've got a golden egg laying goose like this on the books?

5. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

This looks pretty awesome to me.. Always liked the Revolutionary War period .. if they give the same amount of attention to historical detail/places that they did in Brotherhood I'll be a happy puppy :)

6. Baguette

Baguette What's a Dremel?

The clever mingling of story and fiction is what makes me love this game. The clever references, the attempt at historical truth with mingled fantasy...AC is a land of dreams for me. I just hope that this one will be more graphically pleasing than the last four...seeing as they admit the last 3 share the same core engine and only call this one 3...

7. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

I literally could not be more underwhelmed...

*remembers the iPad 3*

....ok, so I could be a LITTLE bit more underwhelmed...but jesus...are they milking the cow on this one or what?

8. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

The first Assassin's Creed was a great game, but even that felt fairly repetetive after just a few hours, and by the second game the series had completely lost my interest. That said, both of the landscapes on the second page look fantastic.

9. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Could not give a toss about a 'Preview' article and I'm only commenting to state that fact so the site editors know how I feel. What is the point in an article about a game that isn't finished and then when it is you republish virtually the same article with a score at the end. Bit-Tech uses just as much 'padding' as the game creators.

10. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

there are a few reasons.

1. Display progress made in development
    2. Mention issues that need to be revised
    3. Publicity for the product

11. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

What unrealistic expectations of the new iPad did you have that it leaves you underwhelmed? An infinite battery life powered by magic pixie dust perhaps? Or a screen that projects a hologram like R2D2? Maybe you were expecting it to project a reality distortion field that makes the device's owner irresistible to members of the opposite sex and makes people believe unquestioningly everything he says? Or, most unrealistic of all, an SD card slot??

For me, it was all about the Retina display, which has been delivered and the quality of which surpasses expectations. As soon as I am back in the UK I am buying one.

[/offtopic]

12. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Love the series, but with modding too much I still not completed assassins creed 2 & have brotherhood & revelations waiting to be played, I really need to start having some time outs to get playing through the pile of awesome games I have, ubisoft are releasing these too regular, would be ok if I was a 100% couch potato but I'm not. :lol:

Screen shots look nice & the series is a joy to play but will not buy until I've caught up. :D

I seem to enjoy reading previews more than I do reviews to be honest. :)

13. The_Jonas

The_Jonas \m/

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Looks a good step above the other Assassins creed games, graphically. :)

15. B_HERB

B_HERB What is this..A CENTER FOR ANTS?!

Geeeez, milk the cow more why don't you Ubisoft?! I'm all for AC3 but I refuse to believe that 1 year is adequate time to come out with a complete and polished product worthy of a $60 pricetag. Am definitely going to wait for the reviews to come out on this one before buying....

16. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

They have an excellent formula for a game that can be set in any time period, I say if they can keep making excellent games around it then why not. :)

Can see your point though, it's like a subscription. :lol:

But a better subscription than a yearly sports game. :rock:

17. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

18. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Waiting for a modern AC, with guns AND martial arts.

Tags: Add Tags