1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Fubar Android Firmware Flash.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by ZortB, 26 Mar 2012.

1. ZortB

ZortB What's a Dremel?

Just bought a cheap Ainol Novo 7 tablet off ebay and flashed the firmware to replace the chinese set up with an english one.

The flash went ok but now the touch screen appears to be working verically opposite when used. E.G. to press an icon in the top left corner of the screen, I have to touch the bottom left corner. The os is a modified android 2.3.

After getting my head round the orientation I am now just about able to use the menus and get into the settings but cant find an option to flip the orientation of the touch pad.

Anyone got any ideas, other than telling me I should have left well alone :D

Thanks.

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

You might get some luck on here but I'd say your best bet is to pay the XDA Developers forum a visit.

I'm afraid I don't have an answer :(

3. ZortB

ZortB What's a Dremel?

Cheers, will give them a go. :thumb:

4. deadsea

deadsea What's a Dremel?

5. ZortB

ZortB What's a Dremel?

That could be the issue. I managed to find and flash a vanilla FW and it works again as it should. Ill probably leave it at that.

Thanks.

6. deadsea

deadsea What's a Dremel?

The whole naming of everything Novo 7 + random cool sounding word is very confusing. But now that you know how to fix it...

Anyways, what's the issue with the chinese firmware? The weird chinese market? Just rip that out and install the proper google play. Just need to watch out if yours has a mips processor. A lot of stuff from the market won't work oob.