1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Intel Sandy Bridge Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 3 Jan 2011.

1. bobwya

bobwya Custom PC Migrant

Silly OC's don't impress me... But WOW! Those power consumption figures are phenomenal...

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Looks like these cpu's are running into potential problems,just seen the notification on scans website that all processor sales are on hold.

3. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

They impress me! :D

4. dim5b

dim5b What's a Dremel?

5. karagiosis

karagiosis Greed

I'd love to see temperatures figures with these processors. I'm especially interested in temperatures reached with the i7 2600k OC @ 4.5 and Gelid Tranquillo cooler (january buyer's guide recommendation).
    Of course the best would be a "best cooler for Sandy Bridge" showdown to see how old coolers cope with these new beauties xD

6. lehtv

lehtv What's a Dremel?

I have a question about the gaming performance charts in the review, in particular X3: Terran Conflict. I'm hoping to get a qualified answer here, but if needed I could also email whoever wrote the article - if I knew where to email.

Compare the 2600K @ 3.4Ghz to 2600K @ 4.85Ghz. The overclock gives 24% higher average fps. My question is this: is this increase in fps due to higher GPU utilization, implying that the GPU is not fully utilized at stock processor clocks; or is it due to simply the CPU doing it's work faster, implying that computation that counts towards framerate is shared between the CPU and the GPU?

Tags: Add Tags