1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics HD5970 'Fixed all problems with latest official BIOS' (Added latest vBIOS in post #1)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 7 Apr 2010.

1. Shayne

Shayne What's a Dremel?

By far the best hardware monitor i have found to date.

http://openhardwaremonitor.org/

Give it a try make sure you run the view => show gadget

Regards

2. Liwuid Dwayno

Liwuid Dwayno What's a Dremel?

Advice needed

My secondary DVI port quit working. Device manager is still showing two displays.
    Should I try to flash the bios to fix, or should I just initiate RMA?

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

RMA, as it may well be a fault with the DVI port, and I can't see how a flash could fix this.:thumb:

4. makki666

makki666 What's a Dremel?

I have two cards HD5970 in crossfire, power supply ultra x3 1600 watt, motherboard Msi Big Bang Xpower, anyway i can't overclock both cards to 1Ghz, and when i open furmark for test. system locks and crash, if i unplug one card and overclocking the other one to 1Ghz, system stable and everything ok. one of them had an old bios, so i did flash both with the bios files in the first post.the proplem stil exist. i can overclock both to 865Mhz. but over that the system will crash.
    it is a weird problem, and i gave up :) so i do really need your help.
    Thank You

5. dzunlock

dzunlock What's a Dremel?

can this flash solve problem atikmpag.sys
    i have sapphire radeon HD5970 4GB always got this error blue screen with atikmpag.sys error

6. DerekMessina

DerekMessina What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the post! It really helped a lot. During my first try, I encountered some minor error but now its fix. Thanks a lot!

7. mattsimis

mattsimis What's a Dremel?

The links to download in the first post are dead!

I used the updated BIOS on my Sapphire 5970 and it brought the card back from the brink of death IMO. Im looking for the 1000/1300 BIOS now, anyone got an alternative location?

thanks,

8. whiffen

whiffen What's a Dremel?

Repost sorry!

Last edited: 19 Jan 2012
  9. whiffen

whiffen What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, I've been having a lot of trouble with my card. Bluescreens (atikmpag.sys error), screens flicker on and off. Nothings worked for me so far in terms of cooling, formating, updating mobo firmware, drivers, etc. I figure updating the GPU bios is the last shot, but I've never done it before.

The OP is pretty straight forward but I want to make sure its up to date and I'm doing it correctly. I've got a Sapphire 5970 2GB OC.

Got HP format utility, not sure where the "System files" for "Creating a DOS starkup disk," are but I've downloaded a "win98boot" directory after following this thread with files that allow me to finish the format.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57750

Now, if this is OK, I've then added atiflash-3.91.exe to my removable drive and renamed it.

Last minor quirk, should I be using the two files in the OP; C0001OCM.AC1 and C0001OCS.AC1? Or should I be using the latest Sapphire.HD5970.1024.100530.bin file from http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/76681/Sapphire.HD5970.1024.100530.html

Or are these one in the same or different methods of updating? If I should use the .bin how do I proceed, just like this? "atiflash -f -p Sapphire.HD5970.1024.100530.bin" and is that OK if I only have atiflash.exe and a bios.bin file on the removable or am I missing something?

Thank you!

Last edited: 19 Jan 2012
  10. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Sorry guys, I lost the OC links. I can't get the original bios either as Sapphire have taken it off there site.

EDIT: This link still works.

http://support.sapphiretech.com/archive/attachment/3109/131_634136893713165000.zipThese are just the Original Vbios only.

11. whiffen

whiffen What's a Dremel?

Thanks true_gamer. I just went ahead and everything worked flawlessly. No more bluescreens and display corruption and flickering. I no longer crash just by going into street view, playing games, having a video playing or broadcasting!

12. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

That's excellent news. ;)

13. 5970 geek

5970 geek What's a Dremel?

love ur work !!!

hi well before i flashed my bios for my 5970 oc edition i whas getting bsod freezing and random dumb stuff !

well i have had ur stock bios for my card for 6 months now and i can tell u this ?

i love u ; )

u made my card better then it whas before the install whas easy.

i can even overclock my card to 1ghz now !!

never had one bsod no freezing! and i saw a increase in frames per second !!

i even see better temps for all my vddc phase. was 50c running windows now 30c in windows .

thank u so much ! :rock::rock:

Last edited: 14 Mar 2012
  14. makki666

makki666 What's a Dremel?

ALL Links are not working. please post them again.

15. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

16. edwardqian

edwardqian What's a Dremel?

Hi true gamer, found ur post earlier today, but realise the links didn't seem to be valid for download, only original bios link is working. Would you be able to post it again please ! ?

Thanks

17. voaf

voaf What's a Dremel?

Hello, i just got a sapphire 5970 with accelero, trying to oc this thing with afterburner but it freezes after some time in every game, so i thought in doing a bios flash but the links are off, someone could please do the favor of uping some of the modified bios?

18. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I will have a look later when I get home from work tonight.

19. voaf

voaf What's a Dremel?

Thank you, hope that you find something.

20. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

[GOOD NEWS] - All links have now been updated. :D

[BAD NEWS] - You will have to excuse the upload site, as you will have to wait 20sec before download...:(

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Simon.