1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Miniature webcam

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PawelKosi, 26 Mar 2012.

1. PawelKosi

PawelKosi What's a Dremel?

Hi Thanks for your input but first thing first. We love those little silly animals, my gf for how cute they are and me for how silly they are. I have built them big fort to run around and there is plenty for them to do and chew. They escaped through gap between lid and tank when my GF was feeding them. She just haven't placed it properly on after she finished. We went to sleep only to find out in the morning that they are gone. I don't like people who assume that generally people do not care about welfare of their pet animals. They have plenty of attractions plus are taken from the tanks on regular basis to run around the flat freely. They just never did run to that part of the kitchen where I have found that hole. Otherwise I would do something about it before situation like that.

Secondly if you would read carefully the first part of the post :) you would see that they do not have any way of escaping from that hole if they got in there as its few meters deep (i reckon) and since its plaster wall it is also smooth on all sides. Nothing to grab on to when climbing. We have left food all over the flat anyway just in case and nothing was touched so far. We also do not hear any rustling anywhere, or scratching for that matter.

Bests

2. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

^ THIS!

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Or "Survivor: Gerbil Edition" :D.

4. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Two Gerbils one cup.

5. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Nice one there, faugusztin!!

6. PawelKosi

Still no bloody camera, but I think I know why... and it will be my fault.
    I must have not changed the delivery method or it didn't register as I only just got the confirmation email that the item was dispatched. Sad times. My girlfriend is throwing some nuts in the hole, 'just in case'...

7. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

How about dangling the hose from a henry hoover down the hole, should be certain to pick them that way ( just listen for the 'thwump' as they shoot up the hose, then quickly retrieve them from the hoover bag... ). :D

8. PawelKosi

Duuude!!! I had the same idea but when I presented it to my girlfriend for some reason her face said 'no sex for eternity'. So I quickly dropped the idea in favour of one with glue trap. Funny that eh?...

9. TheManicGibbon

TheManicGibbon I have no idea what's going on

Damn man I hope this goes well for you...what about smashing an old webcam to take the casing off (okay...maybe use a screwdriver) and then cover the PCB with electrical tape or something, give you a small camera that you could lower down...

10. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

i did read carefully thanks ;) and you said it houses water pipes, they have gone, they can fit under doors and very small gaps, they could also gnaw through and you say you can't hear rustling/scratching (include stamping alarm call) who knows what is down there, could be many gaps.

did you know gerbils purr?

11. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

my gerbil used to squeak when it was asleep ^_^

12. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

That's just inhumane, shame on both of you :nono:

What you should do is put a pair of tights over the end of the nozzle and wait for the motor to rev up a load so you know the end is completely blocked. Then just pull it up, cut the hoover and voila; A Gerbil :thumb:

13. PawelKosi

Hi guys!

I am afraid that I don't have a good news. :( I did not find them anywhere.

I finally got the camera. Comes in good enough quality box, with little instruction booklet, mini-cd with drivers and accessories (mirror, hook, and magnetic grab tool). Camera itself feels very sturdy and heavy. I was also pleasantly surprised as to how much you can bend the camera arm. Picture quality is 640 x 480 which is perfectly enough and the led light at the tip of it is bright enough to illuminate everything within few feet of the camera tip.

[​IMG]

During the searching I actually found out that there is no gaping hole in the floor where the pipes go to the bottom of the building (it looked like that in the first place and was kinda logical).
    Pipes are fed through the holes big enough only for them with the gaps way to small for anything (bar small spiders i guess) to squeeze through. I thought 'great! they must be still on this level'. Well... they probably was. Whole apartment is covered with plasterboards. With my camera I could see that the gap between the stone wall and the plasterboard is big enough even for rats. This is very old building (old mill actually) so I bet they have found holes in the wall somewhere to get outside or to other parts of the building. I have tried many times. We have made some extra holes in the wall (!) and left some treats but nothing ever touched them. Gerbils are gone... So to stop my Gf from sulking i got her another two!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The grey gerbil is the old one, the white and ginger are the new ones.

Thank you all for all your input, interest and help!

Cheers!

14. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

[delete me]

15. roosauce

roosauce Looking for xmas projects??

Well, it was a fun thread to keep an eye on. Sorry you didn't find them!

16. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

shame you didn't find them, but good you got some new little friends.

camera looks pretty neat too, but you'll have to think of other uses for it now ...

17. PawelKosi

There is no problem with that, I do a lot of DIY and repairs at home, so it will be good for any repairs I guess. My car is leaking a bit of oil too so I will be poking around inside the engine with it too :) This camera is ultimate Geeky toy :) I am sure it will pay for itself.

Last edited: 10 Apr 2012
Tags: