1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Not played in a few days due to reasons mentioned earlier (parents over). Sad to see so much vitriol for the new patch, can't believe it's that ****ed, makes me scared to load up a game now.. :(

2. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Pretty much everything is good except tanks, suppression and heatseekers are broken. Aside from that I'm really liking some weapon changes. AK is so awesome now :D.

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

4. nchhabs

Okay so had a few fantastic games tonight having sorted out attachments for some guns. It seems heavy barrel is the new king, and foregrip is pretty much unnecessary (and indeed, performs worse) on the majority of guns. Flash suppressor is a viable option also.

Suppression is still a bit retarded, and now you literally just have to run away or die if you get suppressed, and having driven tanks a bit, it's a huge change, you need two engineers and need to play cautiously otherwise you're mincemetal.

Last edited: 31 Mar 2012
  5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

It's not really that bad, the main issues for me are the major tank nerf/anti-tank buff and the increased suppression recoil/inaccuracy (not really bothered about the jet changes as I don't fly them). Infantry combat isn't changed that much, if anything it's made it more interesting as I've been changing my weapons up more now as I've found a lot of them are more balanced and there are fewer useless weapon attachments (foregrip/suppressor is no longer the be all and end all, foregrip is not beneficial in all situations and heavy barrel and flash suppressor seem to be preferable to suppressor in terms of accuracy if you don't mind showing up on the minimap).

6. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

This.

Apparently it's a lame patch if you're all about the vehicles, otherwise it seems pretty damn fine to me.
    I only occasionally jump in a tank so I'm not feeling the pain there, and infantrywise the game is a little more varied now with the rebalanced attachments.

7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

It's the mad over suppression that kills it. Made Squad Suppression more effective whilst leaving Squad Cover the same which means running Squad Cover is pointless as Suppression has a higher % overal. Making Suppression the biggest issue right now.

Every weapon can suppress and I got loads of ribbons from suppression in gunner seat. Which is insane really.

Tank Nerf means they punish those without engineer and or getting the first hit and the other driver being slow or blind to not see the attack.

Tonight I killed one tank not because of infantry killing his engineer because I did that and then his tank is dead in the water.

Generally speaking the patch change is something we all will have to get used too. having had some fun tonight messing about I quite simply wont be giving up on the game but might end up looking for other FPS action. CS maybe....

8. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I pretty much use everything and I still think it stinks.

9. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

When I said "Apparently it's a lame patch if.." earlier, it wasn't meant facetiously. I can totally understand why people are pissed off with some of the changes. I just meant that for me personally this patch isn't so bad.
    I do agree that suppression feels over the top in this patch, but I still had fun when I played tonight; it's still my go-to multiplayer shooter.

I think the real reason we (justifiably) get frustrated with stupid changes in Battlefield games (it was the same with BFBC2, I recall) is that it takes so bloody long for them to come out with another patch to fix the mistakes.
    Once a patch comes out you know you're stuck with those changes, like them or not, for a number of weeks at least in most cases.

DICE promised they would improve the patching procedures for BF3 after the ridiculous situation they admitted to in BFBC2 (basically, that each patch requires a full rebuild of the game and that it takes days of processing/compilation to produce the patches, which inevitably run to gigabytes in size); And they don't seem to have followed through on that promise with BF3.

10. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

16 Weapon mastery dog tags and counting :D

11. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I think I'm going to move to the L85 w/ kobra, foregrip (one of the few that it's good on) and heavy barrel. Short controlled burst make it a headshot death machine. I'll also be looking at the G3 and the AN-94

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was metro 32 man running back and fourth, no base rape

As far as master dog tags, I have 49 and all I have left is: rocket launchers, T88 (~100 kills), MK11 (~20), QBU-88 (~90), M26 Mass (~300) and only other pistol I want to get is the Mag (~100)

12. Paddy4929

Paddy4929 NangO-Gamer

Battlelog is currently down. Maybe the are making amendments.

13. nchhabs

Just a server-side adjustment for stability afaik.

14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Weird thing in a couple of rounds yesterday somebody seemed to be firing a weapon that seem to have about 5000 rounds in the mag before it stopped, the firing went on for ages.

I was also building up pdw ribbons using the pdw-r but since the pacth it doesn't seem to kill anything, almost through a mag I'm suppressed to hell (even with CVR) and dead.

15. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i guess you are right, i am what they call a vehicle whore. (as long as my team is winning) i much prefer to mess about in vehicles.

aside from the suppression cock up, DICE have got a major issue: at 6:08.

enemy pop in from thin air, while they will see you first, shoot you first and suppress you.

16. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

For everone who is getting mad over this... You need to start thinking logic...

Just because it takes more to kill someone does not make this a CoD game...
    I could give you the reallife example, but we all understand that when you get an LMG firing 200 bullets at you, you WILL dive behind a wall and search for cover...

IF you decide to fight back, stop being an idiot and dont empty your clip within 3 seconds..
    Change your Firemode to Single shot and controle the recoil you still have!
    Make sure every shot counts!

if you just hold your mouse button and spray& pray.. then you deserve to die..
    Really, stop complaining and start using your brains. stop being so butthurt over something this small...

The real issues Dice has to work out are the blackscreen errors i read about or the kicked from game issues...
    Not because YOU have to change tactics or actually start thinking!

C'mon peeps.. you're better than that!!

Stop being so butthurt and start giving it a chance!
    Everybody who tried the game after the patch had this is mind: IT SUCK BLA BLA because the ps3 were all raging about it...
    NO ONE tried the game with a neutral mind.. GIVE IT A DAMN CHANCE PEOPLE!

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

im with Dwarfer on this actually, especially on the tank nerfing, IRL a tank in an urban environment would be accompanied by infantry support, in an open field the tank nerf is irrelevant because out of a fight between a tank and an infantry man it should be obvious who will win.

I think Dice want to slow the game down a little and bring a little more thinking about moving around the map as opposed to flooring it everywhere.

although in all fairness i can see Metro being an even bigger ******* with the increased suppression at the stairs. they really need a 4th way into the tunnels

18. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Why do people keep making the real life argument? It's not real life, it's a game. It's supposed to be fun, not an accurate representation of real life combat. If you want that, go and play a real war simulator like ARMA.

19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I am giving it a chance, doesn't mean people can't dislike some of the changes.

The PDW-R is definately fecked though, not sure what's happened but I was building the ribbons nicely before the patch and since it seems to be firing feathers. :lol:

Realised I have to remap my joystick for some reason now, my spotting button has decided now that it want's to instead change my seat.

Was a bit of a surprise when I tried to spot some troops and found myself just looking out the side of the chopper while it started on its way groundward. :lol:

20. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

This is how Battlefield games have always being. Why change something which the majority (PC Veterans adore) If you want to play a more arcadish game then I suggest playing something like Quake Wars or COD.

Change your settings file to read only and it won't happen next time.

I only play on HC so I don't know about shooting feathers :thumb:

adidan likes this.