1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

As in get an idea of how to build?

I used to use leaguecraft, but now i check out http://www.lolpro.com/ as well

They have some ties to Curse Gaming and their team members post guides on how they play specific champions.

I wouldn't say it's for everyone, but i like to see what a pro's take on a champion is... you may or not agree with it though.

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I prefer solomid for reviews and livestreams. Most champs have similar builds, aka most AD DPS are going to go I-edge, phantom, etc. They share a few standard items. Every game is different based on team comp so try and accomodate to what you're against. If you're an AD char than something like a bloodrazer would be a great item to counter. I think you need a few standard items than get items based on how you / other team is doing. If you're doing crazy damage but dying, get some survival items, if you're doing good damage and not dieing, keep going for more damage items.

As you level up and play more you can kind of learn to tailor your build around the enemy team / your team depending on your role. I use solomid and reference a couple builds to see whats similar / universal on a char than customize from there. Best of luck!

Last edited: 2 Apr 2012
  3. mansueto

Bump. Sorry for the double post.

Played 2 games as AP kog'maw and it was actually hilarious. I thought it was a troll build but it actually works. Early game you don't do much but once you get 1 or 2 ap items your slow hits fairly hard, and with your ult you can snipe people and do great damage. Grab blue and ult away. It's very satisfying when 2 people get away with low health and they're thinking "HAHAHA I GOT AWAY" and than slime rains down on them!

Way I build him:
    boots + 3 pot
    early tear to rush archangels staff
    magic pen boots
    deathcap
    void staff

haven't gotten further than that but I'd just grab myself a zonyas, maybe a relais and a deathfires grasp or something. I think part of my success with the build is people really don't expect / underestimate it so they may try to gank / kill me, than once I ooze they're slowed and I can just do some serious work. He's no true AP nuker but he's damn fun and different to play, which was why I tried it to begin with.

4. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

AP Kog'Maw was considered the only way to play him a few weeks after launch, since he had no AD Ratio off his Ult.

He was built with some AS (like a Malady) as the AP makes his W hit like a truck.

5. mansueto

Yea I remember when he came out he was built AS / AP. I find as full AP he's not as good as an anti-tank compared to AD and I still think AD is the better build, but AP is soo fun

6. Ferrero94

Ferrero94 What's a Dremel?

So I heard that eve is a good pick.

7. mansueto

I haven't seen Eve in a long time, no idea how she is. She's too snow ballish.

8. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

[​IMG]

Farming is underrated :p

9. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Why build so much Attack Speed on Trist?

Her Q is already a 90% AS Boost, so she's less dependent on itemising for AS.

10. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Exactly

Tristana is all about attack damage. Rush an infinity edge and you'll see her true power.

11. docodine

It was mostly for MR, I didn't want to get a QSS

EDIT: In hindsight I probably should have gone Last Whisper over Phantom Dancer, but w/e

Last edited: 4 Apr 2012
  12. mansueto

Only AS items I'd consider on Trist would be a phantom, a bloodrazer if they have a tanky team, or a black cleaver if they had a lot of armor, though a Last Whisper would be more effective. I also don't understand their Ashe's build, she doesn't need a trinity. Their olaf's build is a bit wierd also and the Nid just looks to be trolling.

13. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Ashe definitely doesn't have a clue about what she's doing.

I mean... Volley + Crit + Trinity is a great "oh my god, what the hell just happened to me", but she's not designed for burst.

Olaf's build isn't terrible... maybe the Bilgewater Cutlass is dubious (since the only thing it'll build into is Gunblade, and that's not going to really help him). He synergizes very well with the Maw of Malmortius.

14. docodine

Nid sold her items at the end

How do I lane as Vlad against Riven?

15. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

With difficulty ;D.

Probably want to start with Boots and Pots to reduce the difference in mobility between you two.

Back off any time she makes a bee line at you and keep Q harassing her.

Riven's a very good bully, but not impossible.

Vlad's not really going to push anyone out of a lane unless they're squishy... just try and be "safe", concentrate on farming and once you hit Level 9 (for Lvl5 Q) you should be a fairly immoveable object.

16. docodine

She rushed boots 2 and their jungle Twitch was babysitting her...

It was a lost cause :-|

17. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

It's pretty much as above. Riven stomps on Vlad. She should be going boots + pots against a Vlad, so you just need to play defensively and get as many cs as you can out of the lane without dying. The worst thing you can do is give her kills early (I usually aim for first blood at lvl 2 with her), as she'll destroy everyone mid-game.

I feel that Riven is one of the strongest top champs when played well, because she is hard to gank, has two gap closers, aoe stun and ridiculous damage steroid. Her early-mid game is very strong but she falls off in the late game. Even a bad start doesn't put a stop to her either; in my last two games with her I was 1-3 and 0-4 respectively, and ended both games in the positive, beating on most champs if I find them 1v1 and having a really strong initiate for team fights which I usually survive.

18. mansueto

I don't play Riven but from what I've seen if you aren't aggressive with her she falls behind. I was going against on solo top as AP kog and I kept poking her, and she just ran away. She fell behind and was a liability to her team. Meanwhile, whenever I see Riven getting kills in other games, its because they're jumping around and pushing. I find her jump thing frustrating because she always gets away using it!

19. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

AP Soraka mid - Win.

20. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I feel like this is worth mentioning:

So some of you may or may not know that a while back, our very own aBhorsen got a job at SK Gaming managing their LoL team as well as the aspects of the LoL site.

Well now, he's moved onto bigger and better things and will be working at Riot in the near future!

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/53042-SKaBhorsen_gets_picked_up_by_Riot_Games

Yay aB! ;D