1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Evo 3 - Cooler Master 840 ATCS LC Worklog - Updated 12th September

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mav2000, 3 Aug 2011.

1. rak500

rak500 Minimodder

How about something like that:
    Electroluminescent Flatlite Panel
    or
    ElSheet

I know RS components have some but they are only 120mmx130mm, but I think you can cut them to any size/shape you want...
    That would look cool. I think somebody did that, can't remember the name of the project, but he had his TJ07 plexi midplate illuminated from underneath using something like that... it was quite nice.

Edit: I found the Mod I was talking about: the name is .:Filtration:.
    It was one of the best mods around, triple loop and everything, and the thing that made it pop was the EL sheet: Filtration EL sheet instal and cutout

You shoud check it out, it looks stunning!

I think you can get those EL sheets in white, but I'm not sure about the size he uses.

Hope that helps!

Last edited: 7 Oct 2011
  2. rak500

rak500 Minimodder

Also, quick question, are the Typhoons good with your bottom rad? as in airflow good?
    That rad has high FPI but they're quite thin and I was wondering if the scythes had good static pressure...

Lovely mod overall, nice attention to details, me likes!

3. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Thanks man....I will have a look around locally to see if I can find something like that, but the chances of getting it here are quite low. But appreciate the help. The GT's move a good amount of air, while being quiet and having great static pressure. The thing with high FPI rads, is that they need good pressure, thats about it.

4. RedManc

RedManc What's a Dremel?

Not sure on the faceplate thing, but the EK amd mount could be wrapped in black or red carbon film like the motherboard tray that should make it look a bit better.

p.s. Look whats behind me!! (and no I don't mean the mess)

[​IMG]

peteski likes this.
  5. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

great mod so far well done

6. peteski

peteski long live the pc

good work mate really like the sleeving

+rep:rock:

7. Miidget

Miidget What's a Dremel?

The colour scheme on that mod is awesome, really looks good with the braiding.

Good luck with the rest of it :D

8. shenglu

shenglu What's a Dremel?

I purchased this case, Wednesday's thinking, my component is in stock, IM also consider painting the inside of the case, whether it is frozen white or matte black, how easy / hard, you would think from the motherboard tray ball bearings will be covered.

9. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Awesome, welcome to the club and keep me posted on what you plan to do wth that

Thanks man appreciate the vote of confidence

Thanks bro.

Thanks man...

Make sure not to cover that, and remove the ball bearing side as well as the slide side before painting.

10. RedManc

RedManc What's a Dremel?

11. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Looking through it right now....best of luck man. This is really one awesome case, with a ton of small features that would put a lot of the newer cases to shame. Just sorry that CM didnt put more effort into getting this advertised, I guess.

This was also one of two cases that CM produced themselves in the last few years. All the rest were outsourced.

12. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Some new ram for the system...was waiting for bulldozer....meeehhh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

I have been able to make the panel for the 5 1/4" Bays. Started of with some mounting for screws and then used a mirror acrylic and red acrlylic as the base. Then added the white front as you can see:

[​IMG]

Finished off the PSU cover as well, though it seems a bit excessive as of now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that me and a couple of guys went out to the local market for a look around and I found some nice SMD's (multicolor) along with a controller and a remote. This was working out to exactly what I wanted. So get in a 1 meter strip of SMD's, worked on sleeving the controller and wires. Got everything working and here it is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is a quick pic of the controller:

[​IMG]

I can also do a couple of gimmicks. Let me know if you want me to post a video.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you guys enjoyed this update. I can also post some pics of the controller if you want.

14. peteski

peteski long live the pc

very nice build mate very smart :rock: :rock: :rock:

15. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Thanks man....appreciate you writing in

16. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Worked on the sata cables...you can probably go back and see how it has changed. This is a whole lot of work specially in making sure the lengths and bites for each sata power crimp is the same. Took a fair bit of time to get it right.

[​IMG]

And finally the cable management and sleeving is all done:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I need to clean the PCIE writing of this connector. Have to do it when the wife is out of the house...lol

[​IMG]

And a look at the new CPU block. It seems to bend a bit, wonder if its meant to be that way??

[​IMG]

Things left to do:

5 1/4" panel work
    Side panel window work.