1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

2. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

3. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Yeh saw that a few days ago.

Always the last to get everything grrrrrrrrrr.

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

You will realise how awesome BFBC2's suppression-less infantry combat is. Then how crappy it's vehicles feel. Then you will only play BF3 for its vehicles.

That's me now, if there is no vehicle in a round, I'm out of there. :D

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Had scoreboard since its release :rock: back on Monday for some action going hunt some aria tags edit a video i have. Oh i have perfect audio for the taking of tags. Oldie but a goodie. Also BFBC2 love it love it. Wish i child remember the maps though lol

7. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Too true,the helicopters feel like boats. But the infantry combat is so fun! Bf3 is still a mainstay but I'll wait till they fix the suppression. I love how buttery tanks are now :D

8. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

No scoreboard here either meh.

9. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

You would think they would look at players scores and time played and roll out the scoreboard to those players instead of random assingment. (not saying anyone here got it randomly).

10. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Hopefuly Dice put supression back to what it was, as well as tank armour as against choppers its a joke.

11. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I have no qualms now that I've pretty much acclimatized.

But jesus randomers have the worst situational awareness and tactics. I mean how bloody hard is it to just move forward?

12. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

Woah that scoreboard thing is a limited release xD? I thought it was either a feature of better battlelog or that everyone got it xP. I believe I've had it since release, and it does wonders for me joining a game. When I look at a server that's got 20/32 people on it and the score's 100 tickets to 475 I try to avoid that server xD.

I think I had an accidental run-in with the terrible suppression system a few days ago when I was playing. I turned a corner right into 2 guys who I then attempted to spray (with an AR, not a machine gun) in hopes of getting 1 of them down. Well... I guess I reacted first because before my clip was out both of them were down and I had 33% health left over... That really shouldn't have happened, but there wasn't much I could do :p.

13. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Same here, still not go it. :(

14. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm not sure why but since the last patch I've found the game laggy even with a great ping.

15. adidan

I've had that sometimes, I think it's server specific though. One I hopped onto today was so bad it was either jumping my plane all over the shop or just running around it was a blurry tracer headache.

Other servers fine though.

On a tangent, I'm at colonel 20 or something and haven't done any Assault. I know, taking my time there with that one. After finally picking up the pdw and carbine medals I've moved onto it. I've just started with the KH2002 and wtf, compared to carbines and pdws the guns actually kill - easily.

Think I may like this, although I must remember that I'm carrying paddles. :duh:

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I've done that before, I've been so used to playing engineer that i find myself trying to heal a tank with shockpads.

17. adidan

Jump starting doesn't work then? :D

18. J!n

J!n That's aperture science

A tip for people who are tired of un balanced servers that i have found is when finding a good server thats well balanced is if you un tick all boxes in the "FREE SLOTS" option in your filter It will display allot more servers and these servers have queue's join one of those, why because allot of these servers are having such a good game they rarly emty.

Just thought i ould help, it works for me anyway i get some good round joining these servers

19. adidan

I've had trouble using that bloody search function since the getgo, half of the servers I've saved are from seeing other people on them.

No matter my combinations I get random results, I've even run the same filter in quick succession and get some servers appearing and others disappearing.

Me = Search = Fail.

20. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

Wrong! Me + Search = Fail :D

Also, I'm far too impatient to wait in a queue on a good server hoping that someone will get tired and quit soon T_T. On a good server, there's less chance of people randomly quitting (or rage quitting) so the wait time for play can get quite long. Probably the best opportunity would be right when a match ends, but usually I only have time for an hour of play at a time (actually more like 45 min since I need to factor in walking and shutdown time), and I don't want to spend 15 minutes of that waiting for the game to start.