1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Lean and Green - 15-12-14 - as complete as it's going to get

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Waynio, 28 Jan 2012.

1. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

By the way, if this is boring people or I've annoyed people or something, do let me know, I've been working extra hard on this because I don't want to be still doing it in 3 years time or more :lol: it is a personal system I want to get using ASAP so if I have been a bit of an ass at all please do let me know it but don't bark loud at me because that will annoy me if I don't truly deserve it, if I do deserve it I will take it on the chin & apologise so with working myself so hard & being tired most of the time I'm not 100% on good & nice form but I am open to being told if I am being a bit of an ass if I ever am, I just need reminding sometimes. ;)

I quickly realised this project would take an incredible amount of effort to get through so knew it wouldn't be a quickie or easy.

However if it's just too much scroll saw work & not really anything worth commenting on I could go back to what I proposed earlier in the log & hold on while I get through all this never ending cut work & then come back with the updates, it's just some said it wasn't boring so I continued regular updates & I'm thinking maybe the truth has come along & it has indeed got boring. :D

2. xSoMBrAx

xSoMBrAx Minimodder

Hey Waynio, imho there is nothing wrong with you lol!

I can tell you about me. With this type of builds I get so "intimidated" and I can't even post to give any critics (good or bad) because I feel overwhelmed with all this craftmanship...

I think there might be others in the same situation!

This is a complete new level... I think that Scratch builds and just "plain" case mods are similar but very different because of the time/effort/skills required.
    I don't say that one or the other are better or worse, but usually you will get more feedback from a scratch build from other that do the same thing.
    On the other hand Case modding get more comments/suggestions because if more like "open for everyone"

At least is how I see it...

Keep working, you are doing excellent work! :thumb:

3. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

I can't think of much to say other than keep up the amazing work :thumb:, I think it hasn't got boring but rather its just harder to keep the comments flowing as the updates are the same. I would still keep the updates though as I do still check out the log I just don't leave many comments for that reason.

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thank you so much for that xSoMBrAx really appreciated mate :) I guess I've just been pushing myself so crazy hard that I've stepped into quite unfamiliar turf for me where I really have actually got good at this :lol: I do remember really well when I started modding feeling either intimidated or bewildered or a mix of both by a lot of normal modding & the most amazing creations thinking how on earth does a human do such things & I might have become one of those because of the relentless trying but honestly I still don't think of myself as a stupid so called higher being than anyone, just in case anyone might think that's what I think. :D

I think my strongest tool is my mind in it's ability to see something that is hard to do but still go at it anyway & have a fair belief I can do it, I had this since my first scratch build, it turned out very rough but I some how knew it was doable so recognised it was worth carrying on to see how much better I could get & each new one you do you recognise & learn ways to improve on the little things which add up to bigger things so it's not as rough looking, I still do have a heck of a lot of knowledge to gain in many areas before I considered myself a master & even then I hope I don't become a high & mighty idiot, I'm just a human who likes to mod/create. :)

I'm actually ill & unemployed with no academic qualifications, not even GCSE's which keeps me very down to earth & this is just a hobby I'm keen on, ok keen is an understatement, maybe it's more like obsessed with getting good at creating, I have absolutely no idea how many hours have gone into the hobby, not kept tabs on it. :D

I still try to chirp in on other peoples project logs no matter what the level of where they currently are in this hobby, I like viewing any level of modding & very often get highly impressed by first time modders efforts & the experienced modders & seeing them progress, even the best seem to keep on getting better so I get inspired a lot by other modders by seeing what they manage to do with what they have so strive to catch up with them. :)

Glad that's all it is :D may as well keep the updates flowing then :) I did see it coming though with the running out of things to say (constant scroll saw work :D) but now I know I'll just keep on updating not expecting comments until things progress in a way where it's starting to come together instead of stacks of panels. :)

Thanks guys, it was just pecking on my mind a little. :D:duh:

5. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Keep em coming. We may not reply to each post but I certainly am learning from this build.

john

6. skullen

skullen Minimodder

Keep doing what you do Waynio as long as you enjoy doing it :thumb:

7. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Don't worry that happens a lot (to me as well) but we are always watching. Keep the updates coming :thumb:

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks John mate :) I never get bothered usually about lack of comments but I thought possibly I annoyed everyone the other day when I replied to someone & I wasn't in the friendliest of terms. :lol:

Thanks skullen, I do enjoy the challenge & getting past the challenge, quite satisfying :D not exactly fun but it is before realising how long it's going to take but it is satisfying & the end result is just an awesome feeling, some bits are kinda fun though, usually the easier stuff. :D

Thanks Sarakon, this is mostly why I have links to my logs in my signature & is often how I've seen logs by others so having said that I'll pop over to yours now & subscribe. :D

9. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

It's not so much the time spent doing it as it is sitting back when it's done saying "I did that myself" that makes it all so much fun :)

I look at all your updates (and even read all your long comments :lol:) I just don't have much more to say since, like you said, it's a lot of "same cut, different line" pictures, but I'm fine with that. I've commented elsewhere that I like seeing the process and the progress. Even if I don't comment on every single update... I look at every project log, I just don't comment on every single one every time :)

10. markyd77

markyd77 What's a Dremel?

looking good !!

11. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

True mate it is an awesome feeling but think I'll take a bigger break after this though unless I do some easier projects, guess I should only do mad ones like this now & again, not 1 after the other. :lol:

Thanks Mosquito, the end of the scroll saw cutting doesn't look too far away now, there is still quite a bit but after these feet it should be pretty fast moving, I know the log is in desperate need of some variation so I'll try to put a bit in along with the cutting. :)

40% complete feet. :) More exciting cutting. :lol::duh: but it is good progress so I'll shut up. :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll try to finish these tomorrow, not much more to do & will have the first bit of filing to do on the front pieces of the feet. :)

12. jhanlon303

Much filing I see in your future.

Atilla Jr. You both have the skills.

john

13. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

This is excellent work. Even if I don't comment (though I should) I'm certainly watching.

14. jhanlon303

Of course you are here. We both are. That is a given.

john

15. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

I think you are going to wear out that scroll saw before you get done with this project Wayne. I like the revised feet a lot better. Keep it coming.

16. jhanlon303

You have any recommendations on scroll saws? I see a bunch of different brands when I go with my brother to the tool/gun pawn shop. Someday soon I'll have a real apartment with a garage/man cave feel.

john

17. wejjy

wejjy Minimodder

Hi mate, I agree with previous posts, we all look at and follow your work, but its a combination of being overwhelmed at the standard, and other than saying "wow" or "looking good keep it up" sometimes its difficult to comment. I for one think your work is outsanding, the detail and imagination are superior to anything I could do. I rarely get replies on my posts, think its just the way it goes, some mods seem overwhelmed with comments etc, others are very quiet, doesnt mean we arent looking, but I will try to be more vocal in future!

Oh and btw....Wow, keep it up :)

18. Cleveland216

Cleveland216 Carbon Fiber King

Looking great! Great craftsmanship as well! I see alot of filing in the future to make those edges look really nice. Don't feel alone cause I have alot of filing myself to do too. Sometimes I can't see difference between hand-made and CNC, your work is proving to be just as good as CNC.

19. Phyonics

Phyonics What's a Dremel?

This is the first time I've posted in one of your logs, but I've been a long time lurker. I've been following you work for the last year or so, in fact Steathlow is one of my favorite mods of all time. I didn't mind one bit that it took so long to complete because you put an awful lot of work into it and good work takes time. Don't let anyone rush you, do it at your own speed and do it right. We may not comment, but we will all be here watching and waiting regardless because the work you do is outstanding!

20. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Thanks :D It's time i get of my ars and actually finish that. The messy room is getting on my nerves and I just can't be bothered to fix it :wallbash:

And as always keep em updates coming :D set the example :rolleyes: