1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAH Tracker

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by silver_bullet2, 4 Apr 2012.

1. silver_bullet2

silver_bullet2 What's a Dremel?

Hi all,
    I've decided to give the FAH Tracker a go as I've been hearing good things about although I seem to be having a bit of trouble with the GPU side of things.

The SMP seems to run fine but when the GPU is left to run I keep getting a UNSTABLE MACHINE error and it refuses to fold. The card is a BFG GTX 280 (factory overclocked) running on Windows 7 64 bit, Q6600 SLACR CPU. The really annoying thing is I never used to have problems folding under the GPU client in XP with this card.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

Unstable machine means an unstable overclock. Try using MSI afterburner and drop down the OC by 20Mhz and try again.

Not sure why it would happen in FAHtracker but not the normal 6.34 client, as FAHtracker just uses the same client but hidden into a tidy package (I believe).

Could just be that your card has developed a fault at an inconvenient time making you believe something else has caused it.

3. silver_bullet2

silver_bullet2 What's a Dremel?

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply yeah it's strange I never used to have this problem before like you said maybe its an early sign my gfx card is on its way ive never pushed the overclocked further than its been set and all the latest drivers are installed. I will get another graphics card in there and see what happens.

4. gero1369

gero1369 Ummm...Wha?

there have been some problems with the latest drivers as well. you may wish to try the last latest version or a few of them prior to that.