1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Legend of Grimrock is out!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by rogerrabbits, 12 Apr 2012.

1. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Anyone else playing it? I am totally blown away by it.

I was always excited about it, but deep down I wondered whether it would actually be much fun for me. I loved the old RPG's like Eye of the Beholder etc, but looking back at them objectively, they were very basic and lacked a lot of the depth I want in modern games. Luckily Grimrock seems to have improved EVERYTHING! The graphics are a huge leap forward, obviously, but so is pretty much everything else too. The combat is pretty edge of the seat stuff, but lets you think about what you are doing too. They got the pace just right. And there is a lot of customisation and loads of melee skills and spells to choose from.

They seem to have done such a good job, and I am so relieved and happy that it turned out this well!

2. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

It does look very interesting I'll be honest. I'm just hoping that the gameplay lives up to the possibilities because I'm very worried that it'll just be Dungeon Master with a Skyrim skin.

3. rogerrabbits

That's what I was worried of too, but it seems to be improved in every way, not just graphics :) There are lots of puzzles and they really have me thinking, and the combat is really challenging! I haven't enjoyed a game like this for years.

4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Im only an hour and a half into it atm, but im really enjoying it so far, it runs fine on my laptop and its perfect for quick sessions.

This thread was the first id heard about it but some youtube vids managed to convince me it would be worth it.

5. rogerrabbits

Nice! :) I have put over 20 hours in to it so far and loved every minute. Glad you are enjoying it too.

6. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

It's a great game, really enjoying it.

Can't wait until they bring out the level editor/mod tools.

7. Threefiguremini

Threefiguremini What's a Dremel?

The yogscast have done a couple of videos on this, looks pretty good

8. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

This looks interesting, reminds me of the games that used to scare the bejesus out of me as a kid on the ameiga.