1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 2 Aug 2010.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Very true. A bit of teamspeak/mumble whilst playing would improve things no end I imagine.

2. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Still not necessary, sounds like trolling. Its an unreleased game, so the Beta will be shakey.

You haven't played SC2 so how can you comment on recent games?

Just relax and trust what the game can be, only time will tell, and if the game is crap I will happily eat my words.

3. freshsandwiches

freshsandwiches Can I do science to it?

I agree.

4. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I understand what you're saying Phalanx but if you played D2 to death and D3 is basically the same with some tweaks then I fail to see what there isn't to like about it.

The friend thing is a given IMO. I won't be playing D3 much on my own..

5. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Played Torchlight. Thought it had some neat ideas but I played it once and stopped dead. None of the replayability that D2 had.

6. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I'm actually going to agree with the disappointment here ;/.

Firstly, no i've not played the original Diablo or D2 (blah blah, heresy, blah blah etc. etc.) - but I have played Torchlight and Titan Quest, as well as Borderlands.

Got into the beta earlier today with a friend and we completed it together just now.

I think the only "Pro" that i have for it is that it feels very swish, combat feels hefty and the abilities are nice... sort of.

Now onto the negatives:

- Like other people here, I was finding it rather laggy. Not to the point of it being unplayable, but it was annoying since i'd be running along and suddenly teleport slightly ahead. This coupled with some FPS issues i was having (not sure if i'd blame the game though) and it wasn't game-breaking, just slightly frustrating at times.

- Way too easy. They only let us have Normal difficulty but i'd dread to think what Easy would have been like. On the one hand, i had an extra person with me, on the other hand it's supposed to scale with people. And lastly, later on in the game we were just splitting up exploring different sides of the dungeon (trying to find the objective) and were handling things with no problem. To put it simply, i only used a potion in one fight of the entire run through, and that was on the last boss where i was just right clicking on him and not considering moving out of any abilities.

- Graphically it wasn't very amazing. No, i wasn't playing on the highest setting, but it just didn't look like a 2012 game. Would have fit in 1-2 years ago i think though.

And lastly, the most annoying thing for me:

- Lack of choice or moreso, lack of feeling like you had a choice. Levelling up just felt a bit more disappointing when compared to the other games and mainly it was due to you being "spoon fed" abilities. Rather than being able to pick and choose where to put skill points, you just get given different abilities for different "slots" (i.e. Mouse1, Mouse2, 1, 2, 3, 4) and you're only allowed to pick one ability per slot. I guess that's where the choice comes in and at the higher levels (in conjunction with Rune modifiers) you can mix and match a combination of skills to use without "swamping" you with 20+ different abilities.

TL:DR - Not quite as interested in the game as i was before, but will play some more to see if it changes my opinion.

7. el2k

el2k Modder

Guys a long shot, but where is it currently cheapest? Looking to pre-order it but can't find it anywhere for cheaper than £35ish now :(

8. Digi

Many pinches of salt required. It's a beta where you're only allowed to play to 13. The possible mob variety, loot drops and breadth and depth of game play are never going to be able to be shown in such a short frame of time. You've just seen 13 levels of the first act on 1 out of 4 difficulties and limited content.

In my opinion, anyone with the beta should be making very, very general statements only as it is not representative of longevity or of even a 10th of the final product.

Of course, people are entitled to their opinions regardless so keep the candour coming.

9. Uxon

Uxon Minimodder

Looking forward to d3 like many others and trying not to be put off by the mixed beta reviews. :) I only played d2 for the first time at a LAN last year and I loved it.

10. lava

lava Minimodder

11. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Purchased.

Cheers dude.

12. J!n

J!n That's aperture science

One month till release been waiting for this game for years and already pre orderd before playing the beta and im still excited.

I did love the cut throat attitude of D2 grabbing loot and tradding tourches by running around a fence.....

But at the same time im happy that stuff has gone with personnal loot drops added to the game are only one of the great changes to the Diablo world that i like. I also hated being stuck with the same stat tree config.

GMT count down till release
    http://tinyurl.com/bpu75ok

Last edited: 16 Apr 2012
  13. el2k

el2k Modder

Spot on mate.

Do you know if it will be deliver on release day or day before or what?

As I have a 24hour Tesco that I could go to at midnight and get it... I know that's sad but...

14. lava

lava Minimodder

In the e-mail it says 'despatched to arrive for day of release'

I've cancelled my order anyway, not sure if it was the bank or tesco but the money left my account the day after and it's supposed to be pre-order (not pre-purchase) I'm going to pick one up in town on the 15th

Found this: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=61573705&f=68&p=

So looks like you could get your midnight copy :)

15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I preordered BF3 with Tesco and it arrived on release day as promised. Fair play to them.

16. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

I've been playing the Path of Exile Beta recently. It's honestly much better than I was expecting (and has one of the Coolest skill trees I've seen in a game)
    Given that it's going to be free to play. I can actually see this as being quite serious competition for Diablo III. The only thing so far that could ruin it, is if they do a really silly or tight-fisted Micropayment system.

17. el2k

el2k Modder

Thanks for the info bro.

18. awok3N

awok3N Who dares wins.

Already started harvesting caffine products and frozen meals, my flat is taking shape as a computer cafè hah, will post pictures soon.

Launch party LAN with BF3 Warmup on the 14'th! Cant wait!

19. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

20. Digi