1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

2. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Pretty much what Xen0 said, in higher tiers a platoon (even if it's only two of you) makes a huge difference, especially when combined with voice chat. A clan is a good idea as you'll have a nice variety of good players that know what they're doing to back you up. On the European servers, you'll find a fair number of Bit-Tech-ers in the _DoW_ clan. /shameless plug.

3. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

tooning does make a decent difference ( even if its just knowing that there is 1 / 2 other people in your team that have a brain )
    was on campinovka with my tigerp in a toon with a t29, there is one enemy teirx ( frenchie ) and we got a maus...teams are just about equal ( + no arty :rock: )
    begining of the match the maus just suicides itself across the feild as 'i dont like this map' what a waiste of money for him ( ok for those that have it eh ? ) the joke was on him tho as the campers ( including me and the t29 ) just opened up at the enemys across the feild, as they came out of hiding to attack the maus after the maus died, we had managed to get 6 while they were shooting at him, a full assult across nomans land followed 2 mins later ( my toon followed an is4, quickly followed by everyone else ) once we arrived we roflstomped the last 4 defenders for the loss of another tank then picked off the defenders as they appeared to try to stop us capping...such a great match, everyone knew what they were doing, and worked together ( ish )

4. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Oh dogs of war. That sounds like a great clan... :-D

Would be great to have another bit-techer on there, we have some great players with us.

5. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Joined last night, looking forward to some platoon action.

6. Lance

Good man.

Did you get the Teamspeak address? I can PM you it when I'm home, if not 23ro_uk, Marvin or Sharpethunder should be about to ping it over.

Catch ya later.

7. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I'll get it later off the channel, I haven't installed it yet.

I also don't have a microphone so will just have to silently take orders... :D.

8. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Found an old Logitech headset - wah, I miss my Seinnheiser's already...

Played a few platoon games last night with Lance, Marvin & another clan member, it took a while to get used to people chatting in my ear whilst playing but it was fun, if a little distracting at first. It helped when I turned the game audio right down so I could hear people talking.

Playing in a platoon is very different as you need to support your platoon, support your team and also support yourself! I also found that I didn't play as many games in the couple of hours a night that I have compared to when playing alone. This will improve though with a little time.

I think tonight I'll get my doubles in a few tanks before joining a platoon otherwise I won't get them all - I have 12 tanks in my garage!

All in all I found the platoon well worth it, you pick up a lot of little tricks, especially on Teamspeak. I'll get better at platoon tactics with practice so bear with me...:D.

9. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Finally bought the IS-7, now to re buy the KV-3 for a free tank and garage space when next patch arrives.

10. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

i'm rocking a kv13 atm, i cant wait to get an IS an get some payback lol!!

11. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I just sold my KV-13 to make room for a KV-3 again so I can get a free slot and a free tank.

12. lilgoth89

where is the bit tech channel ?? i havent seen it for a few days... >_<

13. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

do you mean the bit-gamer channel? It's something that has to be recreated every few days because the channels don't last.

14. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I should really get a prope tank, been trolloing around in my SU85 and JgdPz for a while. The SU is fun though up to 209mm penetration and 375dmg on a tier 5 makes it very OP.

Going to try an get the KV3 in time for the update free space an tanks is always nice

**edit**

l33t status granted on the SU85 :s

[​IMG]

Last edited: 21 Apr 2012
  15. bugeye

bugeye Sleep Deprived

I got Reaper for the Hummel yesterday ..... average damage per game on it right now 666 :worried:

16. j.col

j.col Minimodder

Hi guys, i am back playing this after a break (Skyrim)
    I have noticed there are a few new maps, so will take a while to get used to them.
    Just got the SU-100 in the half price sale over the weekend :D

any other major changes happen?

17. lilgoth89

prepare yourself for the nightmare that is WOT nowadays
    youll find youll have SO many zero hit 'penatrations' that its ridiculus

18. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I have only had a few. For me it's just the frustration of getting ammo racked on every other hit...

19. Lance

Argh!!! Lost 6 in a row this morning 4 of which I played like a boss. Soloing a panther in a amx13-75 still loose.

3 kills - team fails etc etc

Most were over 300 xp

Just makes me sad.

20. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

Those french tanks are so good im loving the amx1390 so OP..nothing funnier than ripping a lowe appart cause he thinks he can handle you solo. Bat chat should be bought this week cant wait for that bast.

once ive got my BL10 im going to start on the french heavies.