1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Paul - 6.5/10
    A reasonably good film, not really on a par with Shaun of the Dead or even Hot Fuzz. I got annoyed by all the Merkins pronouncing Graeme with one syllable, and the whole Mr Zoil joke was so bad you couldn't help but laugh. The ending was far too schmaltzy though.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The ending was terrible. Tbh I feel 6 is quite generous :( They went down hill after Shaun of the Dead.

Coco before Chanel 8/10

I love Audrey Tautou and this one was very entertaining. Not too much on the fashion as well, which was preferable and made for a better (less commercial) movie. The ending was a bit sudden though. Good watch with the missus!

3. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

The Ides of March 7/10 - I was led to believe this film would be a complex political thriller or something but it turned out to be much more simpler than that. Good acting too.

Moneyball 7/10 - Solid acting all round and an enjoyable movie, even if I don't know a thing about baseball. I can imagine those that do would get a real kick out of this.

4. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Mission Impossibel: Ghost Protocol 9/10

Thoroughly enjoyed it; some extremely nice visuals and a good blend of action and light hearted humour. :thumb:

5. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

I had no internet this weekend so I ended up watching:
    Game of Thrones - Season 1 9/10

So... goood

6. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Just finished Spartacus: Vengeance - 8/10

I'd seen the previous 2 series and really enjoyed them, and I liked this one aswell, although not as much, due to a couple of reasons I think. The recasting of a couple of main characters (some unavoidable) made it feel less connected to the previous series, and overall I didn't think the story was quite as good. Well worth a watch though, especially if you enjoyed things like Rome, Game of Thrones etc :)

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Inception - 8/10
    Interesting premise... well executed... but couldn't help thinking 'is that it?' when it was over...

Tron: Legacy - 8/10
    Special Effects shiny, even if 'young' Jeff Bridges face was a bit iffy in places... Good music... there may even have been a plot in there somewhere but I was too distracted the the CGI shiny to notice or care...

Last edited: 18 Apr 2012
  8. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

saw wrath of the titans.. can't rate it, it was incomplete without tyrese.. they could have at least went down the pay scale and hired bolo yeung or fat to play every other henchmen

where's the token black and asian guy :D when he was busting zeus out of prison there was no shower scene or nothin..

maybe some more prison scenes and a mexican perseus

Last edited: 18 Apr 2012
  9. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Cabin in the Woods, surprisingly good 'horror' movie with a creative twist. Wasn't expecting much, nice surprise!

10. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

The Book of Eli 6/10 - This film wasn't that bad, but not brilliant either. Pacing felt a bit off imo, some slow parts could've been ignored and I would've liked to hear more details on why the world was the way it was rather than just 'it was probably religion that did it'. I liked the soundtrack though.

Puss in Boots 7/10 - Good fun and a nice twist on the classic fairytale. Oh and I never thought CG cats could look so adorable, plenty of aww moments lol :p

11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The Matrix - meh/10
    I think I have now officially seen this film one time too many...

12. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Shaolin Soccer - Erm.. I really have no idea/10

Just, wtf?! Seriously!? I have no idea!!

13. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Shaolin Soccer?

15/10, at least, it's out of this world.

14. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

It's an extremely interesting film to say the least!

15. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I'll be honest, it's been a few years since I saw it so can't remember the details, but it's like they put an 11 year old in charge of content - great decision in my book.

16. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

Gone Baby Gone - 9/10

Excellent film in my opinion. Good acting; Ed Harris, Morgan Freeman, and Casey Affleck were really good (although Morgan wasn't in it that much). Good plot too.

17. crash32953295@msn.

crash32953295@msn. What's a Dremel?

Wow really?

I found the original to have so much more depth to it and darkness, Also the acting was a lot better for me,

I will admit I havent finished the book yet, but you cant always compare a film to a book. The english version with Daniel Craig was ok but I did not enjoy it as much as the original. Although I was expecting it to be more hollywood than it actually was, which was a nice suprise.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (The Original) 9/10

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (English remake) 7/10

18. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Give Kung Fu Hustle a go as well mate. I watched it again the other day and it still rates a WTF?!/10 :eeek: Well worth a watch if you want something that's totally bonkers with some fantastic martial arts sequences :thumb:

19. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Fully agree original > remake.

even though there are a few glaring mistakes. Remake was still good though just not as good

20. Toka

Toka Minimodder

Wonder if anyone can help?

I have seen a trailer for a film recently (in the last couple of months). I want to make sure I dont miss the release / want to try and find a bit more about it but I cant remember the name, and my google fu is shocking today.

The film is an action / martial arts / gangster film set in a block of flats. I think that the plot goes a little like this:

The Police raid a block of flats to arrest a gangster boss, however they do not realise that the whole block of flats is occupied by the boss's minions. Thus ensues a Gun/Martial Arts fight for (hopefully) the rest of the film.

The poster of the film is just a block of flats and some text iirc, and its possible that there are 3 factions involved in the fighting, not just cops and ninja bad guys.

Sorry for the shoddy description, can anyone recognise the film and name it for me? I think I might even have seen a youtube trailer on BT.