1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Aha now i remeber why i don't drink energy drinks....

I feel a little bit ill and like im about to pass out ....

2. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

nooooooo! important lesson back up important files to another drive, this is not helpful :eyebrow: but i do feel your pain.

that stuff if full of sugar, do you have issues with sugar because it sounds a bit like you do.

i personally am at the other end of the scale a non diabetic hypoglycaemic.

3. DeadP1xels

I do have a little bit yes

Im not sure why i keep doing it tbh, if i had a pound for everytime it happened ... well i would have around £4....

Anyway yeh OCCASIONALLY (not all the time) after one i will feel completely drained of energy my heart rate slows down and i feel nauseous

The worse time was when i at a friends house playing cod and i had two in about 30 minutes an hour later i was exhausted felt sick and did'nt have the energy to get off the sofa. i drove up the road and felt like i was going to pass out so i pulled into a carpark and slept in the back for a few hours felt better when i woke up.

You think i would learn my lesson but maybe this time :thumb:

Sometimes it happens when i have one sometimes i have two and it never happens strange stuff

4. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

Small pepsi cans

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

5. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

SQL Server on commoditised service offerings that involve EMC SAN

:wallbash:

6. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I'm diabetic and the same thing happens to me if my glucose gets too high, I never go near energy drinks for the obvious reasons but if I have a meal that is too high in carbs the same thing happens. It's because whilst the glucose is there in your blood it can't get into your brain cells, no fuel = tired cells hence not being able to keep your eyes open.

If I have to go into a meeting in the afternoon at work then I have to either hold off on my lunch until afterwards or keep making notes to keep my brain occupied otherwise I am nodding off by halfway.

Once the initial sugar rush is over everything returns to normal pretty quickly due to my medication.

Have you had everything checked out and tested?

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

its hardly a problem being as i already know how to tune cars and can race well. In less then 2 hours I'm back to rank 10 (i was at 24) shouldn't take too long i reckon.

8. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

DPD. Enough said, really.
    Perhaps, if I'm lucky, Scan will eventually recieve those parts for RMA.

9. DeadP1xels

No it happens at such odd intervals and only with things like energy drinks and the occasional fizzy drink if i really binge that day :D

10. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Exam in less than 2 hours. Yay.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

im hungry

12. logonui

logonui Minimodder

At least you get sent messages! Even if I initiate conversation I rarely recieve a response! :(

13. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

If by fizzy drinks you refer mainly to coke, then you might have developed caffeine sensitivity. I had similar symptoms for years after uni - mainly due to me essentially ODing on energy drinks, but only stuff with caffeine in it.

Buckets of Fanta, and no problem, one 330ml coke and my heart is cracking my ribs, and after 20 minutes I collapse (sometimes quite literally)

Anyway, I'd say in general it's worth a bit self-expermentation: try half a sugar-free red bull and see how you feel for example. It might also be due to not exactly "true" sugar, but rather a sugar derivative, so also check ingredients.

Hope it's nothing serious though :thumb:

/2cents

14. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

I fail at life.

I didn't apply for a job I was offered in time. Heard somebody else got it.

My damn fault - now stuck doing this crappy job. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

15. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Just to add to the joy of not having a working pc; it seems one of my modules of Vengeance LP is screwed too.
    [​IMG]
    I now have to wonder if that is the cause for my pc exploding instead.

16. Salty Wagyu

Salty Wagyu moo

The cesspit in our garden.

The people who are buying this house; their solicitors are asking about the shared cesspit and this issue is the only thing holding up the moving date - which is supposed to be due now.

We don't have any documentation about the cesspit, but no idea why they're making such a fuss. The cesspit is in our garden so the ball's in our court really whether there's difficulties with the neighbour paying half the bill in getting it cleared out, because a pipe block from the neighbour's to our cesspit can easily be placed. Argh.

17. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

BT unable to provide a half decent internet service.

Large BF3 game with the ZiiP guys, but I've had to miss the last 2 due to appalling internet. I don't have to work tomorrow, but can I just chill out and play? Like **** I can.

18. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Girls are complicated..... that is all

19. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

Having to revise the 'theory' of Java. Learning to program it was bad enough now I have to understand the underpinning of this stupid language.

Also: telecommunications, sensors and devices and neuroscience. But on the plus side, I'm feeling OK about Robotics and Mechanics, Robotic Systems and Machine Intelligence

20. DeadP1xels

All the musical gear i need to make good electronic music and i can't take the tracks i have in my head and put them down in FL studio its really frustrating.... i just can't do it